• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Highbridge Hills II - Resurrection

Interesting story from two guys (Joe and Joel) who had an unfortunate encounter with Johnnie. They eventually found the "real" Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex and we took care of them. Thanks guys!

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/c...ed_lied_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

First off I have a couple questions. Is the campground area actually open for camping right now? And are there working showers available?

As far as this latest episode from your Reddit link, just when you think things can't possibly get any more bizarre. I mean seriously, this guy seems like a loose cannon ready to blow at any time. He should be on the FBI's watch list of psychos if he isn't already.

C'mon David. Join our MP60 or MA60 division at Highbridge 11 days from now and see it close-up. Registration closes tomorrow.

Highbridge has been on my roadtrip bucketlist for about as long as it's been in the ground. An anchor, actually, since that dream is a rough line from here to Wisconsin, with about a dozen specific courses along the way. Though until a couple of months ago, I was convinced it would vanish before I ever made it.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the tournament there, not to play, but for the stalker stories and other news that may come out of it.

First off I have a couple questions. Is the campground area actually open for camping right now? And are there working showers available?

As far as this latest episode from your Reddit link, just when you think things can't possibly get any more bizarre. I mean seriously, this guy seems like a loose cannon ready to blow at any time. He should be on the FBI's watch list of psychos if he isn't already.
The campground is open, 25 sites with 6 people per site, $20 a night. There are working showers with actual hot water. The courses are in very good shape, no reason not to visit. The campground will be closed for the Furthur festival this weekend but all courses are open. Blueberry Hill will also be open for play during the Highbridge Hills Open.

If you plan on visiting the Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex this weekend, be aware that the Even Furthur festival will be going on at Chestnut Grove and there will probably be a large law enforcement presence in the area. My advice would be to approach the hill from Poppe Rd or from County C to Mile Rd from the south to avoid the festival grounds. And remember that the speed limit on County C is 40 mph.

The campground is open, 25 sites with 6 people per site, $20 a night. There are working showers with actual hot water. The courses are in very good shape, no reason not to visit. The campground will be closed for the Furthur festival this weekend but all courses are open. Blueberry Hill will also be open for play during the Highbridge Hills Open.

Do any of the sites have electrical access? Thanks for the info.

All courses including Bear?

Also, should/can we reserve campsites early? Or is it first come first serve?

Also also, what courses are we playing for HBH Open?

No Bear yet with no baskets and no grooming.
HBH Open: Everyone plays Woodland Greens, Granite and either HB Gold (MPO, MP40) or HB White (Other divisions)
Don't know about camping reservations

Gaahh I can't wait to play Bear when it gets restored - always liked the idea of a par 71/72(?) dg course and even with the awful baskets and lack of trimming and whatnot, I enjoyed myself when I played it.

Gaahh I can't wait to play Bear when it gets restored - always liked the idea of a par 71/72(?) dg course and even with the awful baskets and lack of trimming and whatnot, I enjoyed myself when I played it.

I am waiting for a year down the round when someone can run a C tier that is just 2 rounds of Bear. :popcorn:

I am waiting for a year down the round when someone can run a C tier that is just 2 rounds of Bear. :popcorn:

Would have to be played on the longest day of the year. 2 rounds at tournament speed would push the daylight limits.

I only played the full Bear once and my god was that a brutally long and hard round. Probably the most difficult course I've ever played, but in a fun, sadistic kind of way.

Would have to be played on the longest day of the year. 2 rounds at tournament speed would push the daylight limits.

Should be able to squeeze it into 15 hours and 20 minutes of daylight.

All courses including Bear?

Also, should/can we reserve campsites early? Or is it first come first serve?

Also also, what courses are we playing for HBH Open?

Text Tom at 715-579-4487 to reserve a camp site. I'm not sure if he has any left for this weekend but there are 25 sites with 6 people per site so we can accommodate 150 players at Chestnut Grove.

Latest posts