• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you get 500+ throws??????

Wich disc is best for flat distance speed drives around 300-500ft ?

• Total voters
building your distance

when you start going for the path of distance your form could be most likely unbalanced in the start and maby have some foot faults and a bad grip, but that will vanish in time and you will get the form of a pro if you want to.

First step:FORM: mimic a distance throwers form,at least a part of it and practice it alot.Some say i almost throw like David Feldberg.But who knows...

Second step:LEARN: Play with better players and learn from them ,and they can maybe learn something from you to.

Third step:pRACTICE it and modify the form so it feels like "YOUR" own form and make yourself proud of making the best form for you that maybe others will mimic in the future.

other steps do exist but these are the one i like the most

its called "calling bull****".

Yea. A lot of players (especially newer) have no clue how far 500ft really is and it took me forever to clear that mark in an official contest even though at the time I threw farther than everyone in the state with the exception of a few Pros,

Even now I throw farther than pretty much everyone except a few who can get 550' if you give them 5 shots and one who has the fastest arm speed ever recorded. With that said I wouldn't come on here saying I can throw 475' consistently even though in my mind that is probably about right.

Golf throws are what I am looking for; a shot that is flat and at best holds just a little turn instead of Big open field shots. Eric McCabe has bigger golf D than most people even though the Open D isn't as high on the list (4dead straight is sweet).

Anyway it sucks but 1/2 the time you hear "I throw 475" it is like 430' and when you hear "I throw 500" I call BS every time.

Okey!..............so I have something to say(write:D).I can have a quite big D in the open field but when it comes to the tight wood shots I can sometimes barely hit the line I want to.

This is what I want............I want to be able to throw 700 feet and I will try as hard as I can to get there but i need help to reach my goal.
I can maybe throw 500ft and I feel like I want to throw 700ft tomorrow but i can´t.

Gaining distance takes time but you can get distance faster if you train hard and build up an good form that works for you.

the only way i'm going to get a disc to go 500 feet is to drop it out of a window on top of the st. louis arch.

you can only do so much with form. After that you just need more strength.

Plus a disc is not meant to fly that far. I mean physics will come in to play at some point.
And most disc golf courses do not have holes requiring you to drive 500 feet in an open field.
So good luck in competition.

Id rather place a 300 foot drive on a dime and throw good approaches then throw bombs I cant control.

True I myself can throw 400 consitently but I hardly ever have to.

Watch some videos from the european open. You hardly ever see Avery throwing bombs because all the Par 4's out there require placing your shots and you get punished really bad if you dont.

Last edited:
you can only do so much with form. After that you just need more strength.

Plus a disc is not meant to fly that far. I mean physics will come in to play at some point.
And most disc golf courses do not have holes requiring you to drive 500 feet in an open field.
So good luck in competition.

Id rather place a 300 foot drive on a dime and throw good approaches then throw bombs I cant control.

True I myself can throw 400 consitently but I hardly ever have to.

Watch some videos from the european open. You hardly ever see Avery throwing bombs because all the Par 4's out there require placing your shots and you get punished really bad if you dont.

Yeah but Acery cries about any course that isn't just wde open bombs..........

He played Wilco in Tx which is one of my favorite courses in the state and after the round where he wasn't leading he said he could wait to play some REAL golf on the other courses. Problem is those courses are just open cow pastures where he has 3 strokes on the field before the round starts.

you talk a lot of personal trash on here. it's not so great to read.

maybe don't cry about avery jenkins not liking your favorite course.

I enjoy reading scooter's posts :clap: So there...

He just doesn't like it when I beat him and that usually only happens on tighter courses. I'm not the one crying just think its funny how he personally views what makes a course "good".

When you call Old Settler's in Round Rock "Real golf" there is something wrong with your head. I'll post a link to reviews which I'm sure mention it's a pasture.

Maybe I should have said Wilco isn't just one of MY favorites but also a Houck/Olse design with a lot of praise from around the area. Much better than anything in Dallas besides Rockwall even though I also like Cedar Hill.

Last edited:
Sounds like Avery would not like my home course. Its not very long, but its very technical.

Yeah but he get's to choose the plastic if they approve the mold so being a smart Swede he picked the more popular plastic.

Sounds like Avery would not like my home course. Its not very long, but its very technical.

He would HATE Kingwood and I bet there is a 20% chance he would quit the sport altogether afterward. I'm sure it is much better now but 2 years ago the lines were physically impossible for a RHBH and then you throw in all the trees and you have 18 holes all under 300 where even in an 1000 rated round. lol

This is where you want to challenge Ken Climo if you plan on beating him.

He would HATE Kingwood and I bet there is a 20% chance he would quit the sport altogether afterward. I'm sure it is much better now but 2 years ago the lines were physically impossible for a RHBH and then you throw in all the trees and you have 18 holes all under 300 where even in an 1000 rated round. lol

This is where you want to challenge Ken Climo if you plan on beating him.

#6 is 300ft and #16 is 325ft.

The lines are more open since the hurricane last year. #5 took the biggest hit. It went from a 4 hole to a birdie hole. I had never birdied that hole till after the hurricane, and now I have birdied it 5 times. I also like Kingwood, because its the quietest course to play. Its very peaceful out there. River Grove has a special place in my heart, because after my mother's funeral, I went out there with my brother and father, and we had a really nice time spending some time together.

The only hole out there that really dosen't have good line is #9. The rest are not that hard. I have birdied ,3 ,4, 5, 6, 7, 8 , 11, 12 , 14, and 18,. I have close to getting birdies on 1, 9, and 10, but I hit metal. I have almost aced 3, 5, and 12. I have heard rumors that 18 has been aced, but I don't know who did it. I have also heard that 12 has also been aced.

Latest posts