• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you get 500+ throws??????

Wich disc is best for flat distance speed drives around 300-500ft ?

• Total voters
I don't doubt that he can really bomb them out there. I've seen his video practicing 360 degree run ups. What I get from the video is he is working at it, alot. What you put into it, you get back out of it many fold.
I had the pleasure of following the leaders around at the recent A-Tier at Charlie Vettiner Park. Nikko Locastro is a young man of about only 21 years old. He isn't huge but he deffinately trains very seriously. It shows. I saw him throw hole#18 about 430' uphill off the teepad. Dave Feldberg threw a good 20 feet short of Nikko. That was the most impresive drive I had ever seen and it was key in Nikko being able to get the par 5 in only 3 shots.

The point I'm trying to make is this: If a young man trains very hard, he can achieve greatness. By watching SearchforDistance's video, I can tell he is training hard and can probably out throw most of us. I'm sorry if that steps on any egos.

All I can say to the young man is, keep up the hard work. It's already paying off. Remember to work on approach shots, putts and getting outa the rough too. Being well-rounded is the key to being a good golfer.

I don't care at this point, this thread has started another great DGCR joke- go eat elf balls. :D

that might stick.

locally I was playing with a group of 7 and one of them said, "i am going to pull you leg hair so hard you are going to see hot dogs!" when someone walked out infront of him during a drive. it was so odd it stuck

Sorry for not being so fast reading all the good stuff thats been taken up here but i will start to focus on my approaches and putting so my score will be lowered.Next year I hope that i can throw far and putt more then 40% better.

I will never stop distance training coz its fun.

I don't doubt that he can really bomb them out there. I've seen his video practicing 360 degree run ups. What I get from the video is he is working at it, alot. What you put into it, you get back out of it many fold.
I had the pleasure of following the leaders around at the recent A-Tier at Charlie Vettiner Park. Nikko Locastro is a young man of about only 21 years old. He isn't huge but he deffinately trains very seriously. It shows. I saw him throw hole#18 about 430' uphill off the teepad. Dave Feldberg threw a good 20 feet short of Nikko. That was the most impresive drive I had ever seen and it was key in Nikko being able to get the par 5 in only 3 shots.

The point I'm trying to make is this: If a young man trains very hard, he can achieve greatness. By watching SearchforDistance's video, I can tell he is training hard and can probably out throw most of us. I'm sorry if that steps on any egos.

All I can say to the young man is, keep up the hard work. It's already paying off. Remember to work on approach shots, putts and getting outa the rough too. Being well-rounded is the key to being a good golfer.

Thanks man and i am sorry for not being so fast to read all the comments.
I will try to put up some slowmotion vids but i haven´t found a good video editor yet.

I'll second the people saying that putting and approaches are important parts of a good disc golf game. I played a round with a guy yesterday that could really bomb. He put himself inside the putting circle on 420' and 460' holes. The course was one that really favors big arms, with lots of longer holes and plenty of room to air it out, but I still beat him because I work really hard on putting and approach shots.

I'll second the people saying that putting and approaches are important parts of a good disc golf game. I played a round with a guy yesterday that could really bomb. He put himself inside the putting circle on 420' and 460' holes. The course was one that really favors big arms, with lots of longer holes and plenty of room to air it out, but I still beat him because I work really hard on putting and approach shots.
stay consistent and you keep yourself in the game even when outmatched

I can get my Wraith out far, but its light weight, but I have been suprised that I can get my 170 Champ Viking out almost as far, with much more control.

That being said I still want to learn how to throw 500', why because I am an idiot.

2 of the best quotes I have seen in a long time....well that and elf balls!

69840_512x288_generated__KC7aCIXH5E6VM74YLGcUCQ.jpg

I could throw that far if I felt like it.

he really does exist!, like a 500ft throwing swedish santa claus

Apparently he wasnt eating the afformentioned elf balls....:| hmmm in a way Im disappointed. I feel like my dream of witnessing a man eat a christmas characters genitalia has been ruined...I may have to take a few weeks off from posting.... ..... hmmm oh well congrats to him for being more then half my age and throwing twice as far as me. To say my self esteem has been crushed would be an understatement.

I'm speechless... I really am. All I can say is... man you are HARD CORE!
Hair grows back. A lot of people at work didn't realize that it was real until I showed up with a shaved head the next day.

Last edited:

Latest posts