• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do YOU ink discs?

Personally I don't like putting any ink on my discs. I'm really not worried about losing a disc...If i don't find my disc that i threw then that means that i didn't pay attention to where i threw it. Plus i think that putting ink on the flight plate just makes the disc look ugly. I also like finding discs with no ink on them :)

Name and phone number on the inside rim.

My home course does not have a lot of people using it and all of the regulars know each other and return discs. If I lose a disc on the course, I have a greater than 50% chance of getting it back.

Black Sharpie on anything but black inside rim.
White Craft Pen on black discs.

First name, followed by 10 digit phone number, that is all.

Way back in the day, I used to include my last name as well as the flight ratings.

One of my buddies writes his name, number, and "karma" on the back flight plate to encourage returns.

Name, # and $reward$ on the inner rim. Have started writing my girlfriends name on there all girly like so some neanderthal thinks he might get some. Just a ploy to get my disc back.

I don't ink discs. If someone finds one of my lost frisbees it's theirs. :shrugsmiley:

8x World Champ hot stamped on the top :rolleyes:

Name, # and $reward$ on the inner rim.
^this. I like the ploy about making it look like it's a chick's disc.

Last edited:
Name and #, and then I dye the crap out of it.

Never seems to help get them returned though. :(

On discs I really like I write "Brandi" with a heart to dot the "i" and my phone number. Always get a call back for those.

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

Meh. A few of my favorites have my name and #, but mostly I don't ink.
I've had a few come back to me---one after 3 years gone, and one that even had someone else's name and # on it.
Only lost 25 throwers in 12 years, about 1500 rounds. No big deal--given away 4 times that many.

when I know I am going to bag the disc, I ink them up with my name, number, "beer or $ reward if found" heavily. If it is inked up a lot, people tend to not want it. I usually get my discs back. I buy discs to throw, not to sell or trade. I have a few spare discs I keep to let new comers borrow for the round.

meh, for the first two years or so, I used my wife's name, and of the 10 or so lost, (and a few after that)...I've NEVER gotten a single call. call me jaded, pessimistic, or whatever. I call a number on a disc once, and leave a message. If they don't bother calling back, what's it to me? Still goin' karma positive on my scoreboard.
If I got a stamp...here's what I might make it look like....
qrcode.19931992.png

I dunno how accurate it would stay (probably depends on ink used), but would certainly be unique to me.

I used to put my full name, PDGA number and phone number on there. I've only gotten one call back, and it was on a disc I lost in Colorado Springs. The guy had already driven back to Denver, so I just told him to keep it. Still a nice gesture though.

Now I just use my initials and PDGA number, and that's just to meet PDGA rules about marking discs. I have lots of discs, so losing one doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes I will ink something wry and witty. Like my Pumclops DX Roc3 says "Put that thing back where it came from or so help me..." on the rim, in reference to Mike Wizowski of Monsters, Inc. I have a used 11x Champ Firechicken that no longer has a stamp, so I signed "Big Country, 0x Disc Golf World Champion" on the front.

right now i am trying something differant . I am using mailing labels or gift labels for temporary i.d. until i figure out if the disc is a keeper or trader.

No ink. If I threw it and couldn't find it, it's no longer mine. The ones I've lost are usually in the water or deep in a bush somewhere, so if someone puts in the effort to get it, it's theirs.

Lately, no ink at all. In the past, Sharpie on the inner rim with name and number (no one has ever called - there's really no point).

I'm currently using StazOn. Jet black. I forgot where I got it, it might have been Amazon. It's listed on there. This is the best ink I've ever used.

Latest posts