• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you view your Disc Golfing habit?

Which way do you tend to treat your game?

• Total voters

Heathen

Par Member
I was wondering how people view their Disc Golfing habit.

Do they tend to lean to the less serious side as I do?

I'm not a hacker in any sense. I play Disc Golf by the rules, but I really don't care what my score is. I don't even try to keep score in most of my games. I never practice. Tried it once, bored to tears in five minutes. I play just because, for some twisted reason, I just love slinging plastic.

Or do they tend to lean to the more serious side?

Those that will spend hours in a field throwing approach shots with their bag of twelve identical weight San Marino Star Rocs. The ones that treat every shot as if it were a tournament defining moment. IT'S NOT FRISBEE GOLF D%!#$T !

We all know those guys.

So which way do you ( in a VERY broad way) tend to lean?

i view it as therapy.

it centers me. havent killed anyone yet, and i thank dg for that.:\

I play in a bunch of PDGA tourneys and I am willing to practice in a field to get better but I still think of Disc Golf as just recreation.

I voted serious game but that is just because I am very competitive and want to be good at everything. I pretty much play every sport out there.

I take the laid back approach.

I do try to improve my game by working on my putting for about 10 to 20 mins before going to the first hole. Other then that I may try to launch a few in the field to see how far I am throwing.

IT'S NOT FRISBEE GOLF D%!#$T ! Ha ha yeah I know a few. The funny thing is the ones I know are not even better then me at the game. I feel people can call it whatever they want. Kind of like where I used to work. We worked on bulk boxes and called it corrugated boxes not card board like the general population calls it. My theory on this is simple. If 95% of the population is calling it one thing and 5% calling it another. What makes the 5% calling it corrugated right. The same is true about disc golf -vs- frisbee golf. If you would grab 100 random people. I am sure most would call it frisbee golf.

i voted rec. that being said, i'm still OBSESSED and trying to get better. if there wasn't a corn/soybean field behind the house i can use before planting and after harvest, i wouldn't drive somewhere just to practice.

It is definitely recreational, as I am a recreational player. IF I can figure out how to get some decent snap on a disc, instead of just strong arming, I will probably take it more seriously. This next year (first full year with a good knowledge base) will determine the future of the sport for me.

I play for fun, occasionally I play a tournament. I would love to get better at putting!

You're right there with me then. Although I've considered ordering a practice basket for the back yard, I'm still so apathetic about it I won't go to the trouble of clicking on the checkout button on the website.

I'm seriously trying to master it.....which is no doubt a great surprise to people who've seen me play.

Seriously, few people I've seen fit in either category, but mix them in differing ratios.

I have too much of a competitive drive. It is humbling for me, because literally everyone I throw with is better than me - some days I pray for a newb to join our DG group so that I have someone I can beat. My skill level is most definitely rec, but I want to get better every time I hit a course.

I treat my game as both recreational and serious. I go out to play and have fun, but I also want to do well and improve my game. It doesn't bother me if I don't play well, the main objective is fun.

Like this:

obsessed_03.jpg

Right now I play for fun. I joined the PDGA because it's an origination I would like to see grow and the sport become more mainstream. But I am not good enough as a player to take it seriously. It takes up alot of my time but I'm not competitive about it... yet...

I'm seriously trying to master it.....which is no doubt a great surprise to people who've seen me play.

Seriously, few people I've seen fit in either category, but mix them in differing ratios.

Of course I too can be serious about playing, and I expect to get a little better just from playing alot, which I have.

But I only ask which way you would tend to lean most often. How you would most likely consider your approach to the game.

Latest posts