• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many holes can you play in one day?

Henning

Last sunday i've been hanging out with a buddy and we drove early in the morning to a very good course(WUP Bremen) out here in germany. the weather was fine, nice sunny day with less wind, enough to eat and drink. so everything fits together...
we played three rounds and 11 holes on another course before we started playing the WUP.
so this 65 holes is my max for one day, but think it could be a little bit more. i believe, i can play 72 holes a day, maybe up to 90 if i really want to. but i don't think, this would be very healthy, because the day after this 65 holes was very kicked off. same feeling as i played 114 holes in one weekend.
arm is so heavy, legs are tiered that you don't want move and the feet still burning to hell!! but still the next rounds in my mind ;-)
do you know that?
i used the search, can't find anything like that, so i'm wondering is that much or am i little hellokittyfanboy? how many holes is your max in one day or weekend? how many holes feels healthy for you?
hope these questions are a own thread worth.
sorry for that bad english... don't often get the chance to communicate in your language.
just wanna know, thx

I've done 27 (full 18 with an added 9) then pulled another course with 18, but I tell ya what, you are hurtin for a day or so afterwards; especially when you are playing mountain courses like Conifer. :D

Either way, I dont think I would ever suggest more than two rounds a day. :thmbup:

I've played 72 holes in a day before. With so many courses around here, you could easily play 150+ if you really wanted to.

Maybe when it cools down a little, me and some buddies will try to play like 8 rounds in a day.

I've thought about doing an iron man fundraiser of 100 holes in a day, with guys getting pledges per hole. I've organised these for ball golf, and they are very successful. (and if someone can do 100 ball golf holes in a day, they can certainly do 100 disc golf holes in a day)

My last road trip, I played 468 holes in 5 days... 93.6 holes per day.

In ridiculous heat, with hilly courses...

And I wanted MORE!!!!!!!

72 holes a day seems to be my maxs along with traveling!! think if i lived in an urban area mite be able to find more...

Depends on the course. You can easily play 200 holes if all you're doing is looping around on a pitch-n-putt course. Terrain varies a lot too. Last but not least, how conditioned a person is to throwing all day.

I like going on weekend trips to play fun courses because my local area is lacking anything really challenging. As a result, I try to maximize my time away so I am used to playing sunrise to sundown with my friends. My personal best was about 115 holes per day over two days on a very hilly course with holes ranging from 200 to 450ft. My travel buddy and I are accustomed to this and while we were tired at the end of each day, we were still ready to go again the next day. Every once in a while we bring a new person on our disc outings and we find that people that are not used to this kind of marathon golf get tired very easy. Some go through the whole day with us but are dead the next day, others simply stop playing and just follow along the last few rounds because they are too tired.

That being said, those that continue to join us for the weekend trips build up stamina and eventually are able to rock all day as well, so it's something you can definitely train yourself for.

The only downside to this is that now I feel that it takes me 27-36 holes just to warm up. Also, I can't go out to play without playing at least 36 holes. 18 is not nearly enough. Sometimes I go out with people who just want to play a quick 18 and it's the most frustrating thing ever. It's like going to a course, rocking some practice putts, and then leaving.

Most holes...
2w4d8x5.jpg

Most distinct holes...
qoyw01.jpg

And those are nowhere near a world record in either case.

I think 50 something is the most i have played in a day. I don't play as much as some of these guys therefore I'm worn out and my game goes down hill fast after about 36 holes when its 90+ like it has been here.

108 is my record. Been known for doing 81 every once in a while. It seems crazy now that I think about it. Last summer I did 1000 holes of disc golf in the three months we had off for school and this summer I got a job with 8 and a half hour days. I will be lucky to get 300 holes this summer!

Generally when if I road trip for courses, I tend to try to get between 54 and 90 holes in. It sometimes just depends on quantity and quality. Picking up some easy 9 holers helps balances courses and fatigue. Hitting a lot of championship caliber courses takes time and energy.

The most I hit in one day is 132 unique holes. I also got a late start (after noon). I was more determined then. Gotta love Minnesota.

From the Guiness Book of World Records:

The most disc golf holes played in 24 hours was 1,305 by Daniel Schnabel (USA) at Voyageur Park in Pine City, Minnesota, USA, on 28-29 June 2011.

Daniel scored 3 hole in ones, 672 birdies, 31 bogeys and one double bogey during his attempt.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/3000/disc-golf-most-holes-played-in-24-hours

It would be a lot more impressive if the average hole length wasn't under 200' and it wasn't in a flat, wide open park.

McCurry,Wills,East Roswell & Alexander all in one day, heat index of 102. The sucky part was the constant driving inbetween courses, was glad to be done with it all. :| :)

there is a one day tournament around here called the great 8

the guys who won time and score ran the courses

I have played something like 120 in one day . . . been over 100 holes in 1 day like 3 or 4 times. Usually this includes a lot of driving to get from course to course however.

From the Guiness Book of World Records:

The most disc golf holes played in 24 hours was 1,305 by Daniel Schnabel (USA) at Voyageur Park in Pine City, Minnesota, USA, on 28-29 June 2011.

Daniel scored 3 hole in ones, 672 birdies, 31 bogeys and one double bogey during his attempt.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/3000/disc-golf-most-holes-played-in-24-hours

F that!! thats a good way to ruin a sport... burned out for life from one day. I played 42 in a day in 100+ degrees and thought i was gonna stroke out. In the winter I imagine I could play 100 or so if there is little elevation change.