• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many holes can you play in one day?

Personal record:
10/17/10: 72 holes (all four courses @ Lemon Lake)...followed by a 4 1/2 hour drive home, but that was the day after...
10/16/10: 54 holes (3 different West Park, Highland, Trinity Links), after driving about 5 hours to get to 1st course).
126 distinct holes that weekend.

135 distinct holes 1 weekend:
6/25/11: 71 holes (Cass Benton, Hudson Mills, Marion Township, United Bretheren)
6/26/11: 64 holes (Indpendence Lake, Rolling Hills, Ponds at Lakeshore)

54 in a day numerous times, most notably all 3 courses at IDGC on 12/25/11.

Ashleigh and I regularly play 90-130 holes per day on our week long road trips, and that's at a comfortable pace without rushing and with enough time to really enjoy the courses. When I've just played the same pitch n putt course over and over I easily got 144 holes in 2 1/2 hours.

If there is 150 minutes in 2 and a half hours, wouldn't that allow you literally less than a minute a hole? :confused: I don't believe that's even possible for Jesus. :| ;)

Back in my youth (early 1980s), I played 8 rounds of 18 on the old KOA course in Peru, IN, followed by 4 rounds on Sunday. So that would be 144 holes. Now I am a GM, and I played three rounds in Charlotte practicing for the Pro Worlds, and I couldn't even finish one round the next day, so I would say that 54 holes is now my max, which is still more than my age!

I once played 18 rounds of 18 in one day (324 holes) but there is no way I could do that now since I am out of DG shape (yes there is such a thing).....btw this was during a "discathon"(which we won) from dawn till dusk

Back in the day it was nothing to play 4-5 rounds........but now since I never play I feel tired after 2.