• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people/animals did you hit?

Dire Wolfy

Still a puppy
If this isn't a thread allready I figured I would make one, so here is my story on hitting a dog. I was throwing a rhfh with my starfire and it came out of my hand wrong, Went straight for the next hole's tee area and im screaming fore twards the guy on it, he doesnt hear until the disc hits his dog, luckilly the dog was allright and he wasn't mad at me... that much.

walking down the 2nd fairway a couple weeks ago, I caught one in the backpack from someone who grip locked their drive on 1. luckily, I've never hit anyone or any animal, even though that sounds like something I would do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

walking down the 2nd fairway a couple weeks ago, I caught one in the backpack from someone who grip locked their drive on 1. luckily, I've never hit anyone or any animal, even though that sounds like something I would do.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On what course? just curious.

If this isn't a thread allready I figured I would make one, ...

This is a little bit of a bad juju and taboo subject here. Not really needed so much. Every sportsman has whoopsies, learn, and then move on better. Rarely is there a true teachable moment as nearly all are hits are common sense fixes and best practices.

DGCR open forums are very searchable and a top hit with searches of "disc golf <whatever>". DGCR has been used as a research tool for and in some cases against disc golf. Many here limit dirty laundry sharing for personal and love of the game reasons.

Yeah good point Mark.
I would say though along these lines. PSA: Always yell FORE! it is much better to yell and have the disc end up no where near the people you think it is headed for than have it hit or even near hit by them when you thought it had no chance of getting close. heads up is always as good thing. AND if the disc is grip locked out of site... just yell because a disc coming from an unexpected place is dangerous.

PSA: Always yell FORE!
I agree yell something, but why yell a term that only golfers know to pay attention to when the people your disc may be heading for may not be other players? Unlike a ball golf course most disc courses aren't on dedicated space.

Nothing wrong with yelling HEADS! or watch out! or some term the civilians will understand.

I got one that's just a good harmless laugh. Several years ago, plying Lincoln Ridge with a couple buddies, on hole8 I was ahead spotting on a blind hyzer shot. My friend Kevin threw his shot, it hit and bounces and lands near a tuft of grass. All of a sudden the disc takes off across the small fairway. About ten feet later it catches on something and a squirrel comes running out from under it and ran right up the nearest tree. I laughed so hard I got a cramp. My friends were like WTF? It took me a couple minutes to catch my breath to explain it to them.

What about stories of seeing the chuck and duck squads out there. I see these groups all over the place here. 5 or 6 guys dragging a couple girls along. Usually all noobs. They throw a tee shot and start walking down the fairway while the next guy throws a noob hyzer right over his head. Then he walks off so the girl can do the same thing to him...etc...etc. It kills me every time I see it...

Wouldn't they deserve to be made fun of?

Last edited:
What about stories of seeing the chuck and duck squads out there. I see these groups all over the place here. 5 or 6 guys dragging a couple girls along. Usually all noobs. They throw a tee shot and start walking down the fairway while the next guy throws a noob hyzer right over his head. Then he walks off so the girl can do the same thing to him...etc...etc. It kills me every time I see it...

Wouldn't they deserve to be made fun of?

The worst part about those groups is you can't really play through them since they're all halfway down the fairway by the time the last person tees. See those groups all the time at Elver; they never pay either.

This is a little bit of a bad juju and taboo subject here. Not really needed so much. Every sportsman has whoopsies, learn, and then move on better. Rarely is there a true teachable moment as nearly all are hits are common sense fixes and best practices.

DGCR open forums are very searchable and a top hit with searches of "disc golf <whatever>". DGCR has been used as a research tool for and in some cases against disc golf. Many here limit dirty laundry sharing for personal and love of the game reasons.

Ok, so How do I delete this then?

My buddy and I will grab the others putter out of the basket if we are the last to putt. At that point a new game begins where we try to toss his putter into his bag (on a cart). Usually while the cart is moving. We haven't hit each other yet, I have however, knocked the beer out of his hand on several occasions.
Couple of years back I got hit on hole 2 at Cedar Hills in Raleigh in left left shin. on a skip, on consecutive days.

I haven't hit anyone that I can remember, but I've been hit several time. The only one that really hurt was a Whippet to the temple.

playing league a couple weeks ago our card was teeing off at the same time as the tee "behind" us. the previous tee is 90 degrees to our right. I'm watching them tee as a player on our card is lining up his shot. I see a disc coming right at our tee and yell fore at the guy on the tee pad. he jumps off the tee and the disc skips in front of the pad right into my stomach. I catch it, as I'm an ultimate player, then place it behind me. the rest of the card laughs and says "you yelled fore and didn't get out of the way". I wasn't expecting a skip.

I hit a Mule Deer at Magic Meadows.
I was throwing a drive (maybe hole 17?) to a downhill position, about 250ish away. We could only see the top of the basket. Didn't see the deer there, but he took off like a banshee.