• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people play disc golf in the snow?

I live in Pennsylvania and I occasionally play in the snow. I find myself doing a lot more sidearm throws because I have trouble getting my footing down for RHBH throws in the snow. Playing while it's snowing is the best!

Snowy and icy conditions are a great reason to work on standstill RHBH throws, it takes some getting used to if you always run up to your shot, but it's a useful thing to have in your arsenal anyway.

Today- 2-3", Temps in the 10s, Windchill below zero

Two weeks ago today, 3-5"

Winter League is not call Nice Days in Winter League...

Dark discs and gloves, oh and waterproof boots are pretty clutch too.

Oddly enough, there is only a light dusting of snow here in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. I played a round yesterday in 25 degrees. I actually threw one disc out of bounds in the water, but it was frozen over so I didn't lose my disc. One benefit of the cold, i guess... I plan to play all winter. I have a light on one of my drivers to see the disc easier in the snow.

I have never played in the snow before but I plan on playing this year. I think I will go with a light nutsak bag and only a handful of discs. I want to get one of those handwarmers that QB's wear. Anyone know where to score those?

I have never played in the snow before but I plan on playing this year. I think I will go with a light nutsak bag and only a handful of discs. I want to get one of those handwarmers that QB's wear. Anyone know where to score those?

I bought one of those warmers at my local Gander Mountain. Unfortunately they didn't have any solid colors, only camo, as I found it in with all the hunting clothes and gear. It does work great though, specially when I throw a couple of the disposbale hand warmer packets inside it :)

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but on the course it's so delightful, and since we've plastic to throw, let it snow let it snow let it snow.

I like playing in the snow. Anything above 28 degrees is good for me. The course is pretty much to yourself. I hit my first ace in like 30 degree weather at like 8 am. Probably explains why on one else was there to see it, but overall the snow doesn't bother me at all.

I practice in the snow as well. Not much yet, but we are supposed to get 7 to 12 inches over the next couple of days.

Attachments

• Snow Basket.jpg
    Snow Basket.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Living in Michigan you're pretty much forced to deal with precipitation of some kind if you want to play disc golf more than four days per year. If it's not snowing it's raining or sleeting, or it's so humid it might as well be raining! :D

And my advice is to dress appropriately, and in layers. You can always remove a thermal shirt or jacket but if you're out there without enough clothing to begin with, you're in a bad spot.

sleepy

just finished my first snow round ever! was pretty fun! luckily there is only 1-2' of snow out there, so we didnt need to use the string method, we just spotted it a lo better and u could see marks in the snow [nobody had been out there yet, so it was fresh powder]. i took out one of my main discs too, my dx roc, so it didnt explode, so it was a lot different only using my breeze and stingray. i was also able to do a run up tho, so it wasnt much different, i shot a -1.

just finished my first snow round ever! was pretty fun! luckily there is only 1-2' of snow out there, so we didnt need to use the string method, we just spotted it a lo better and u could see marks in the snow [nobody had been out there yet, so it was fresh powder]. i took out one of my main discs too, my dx roc, so it didnt explode, so it was a lot different only using my breeze and stingray. i was also able to do a run up tho, so it wasnt much different, i shot a -1.

Where did you play? It looks like a nice day to play some snow golf, I'm headed out tomorrow to get a few rounds in.

Supposed to have a light snow this weekend but I doubt anything sticks much. Should be a baumy 34 and I fully intend on getting at least 1 round in. Missed this last weekend as I was sick.

My gf and I play all year long. In western NY that means at least 3-5 months with snow or the potential to play in the snow. No snow on the ground where we play normally play in Lewiston yet. The puddles have ice on them and there was a lot of flurry activity yesterday. It's pretty to watch it coming down. And it seems to make for a more quiet course. We love winter golf.

played my second snow round today. I used a small nutsak bag and only carried a few discs with me. Pretty painless experience and I had a good time. Got to do something in the winter in MI to combat obesity.

Just got in a round in some fresh powder today! Nothing much, only about 2" on the ground, but it was really fun reguardless! It was pretty chilly, 27F when we started, 25F and dropping when we finished. I had to switch my bag up a bit since I didn't want to throw any white colored discs. My main fairway driver is white, but luckily I have a backup of the same weight thats blue :) The only depressing thing of the day was that I have been auditioning a Star Firebird for the overstable driver slot in my bag. I currently throw Predators, but recently just got myself my first Firebird and have really liked it so far. I wanted to throw it some more today, but it's white lol. So the Predators stayed in the bag, and looks like it will be staying that way for the winter.