• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] How to store extra plastic

Tiny

Double Eagle Member
I'm looking for something to store plastic in, I have a collection going and throwing them on my bed isn't the best route haha xD My dog has her toys in a trunk. Sadly she won't let me have it cause she's greedy.

I was just wonder how you guys stored yours. I know I can't put em in the garage with all this heat, so I got to find a space efficient way to store them.

Thanks in advance

Also, sorry for posting so much, I'm trying to limit myself.

Wouldn't extreme heat in texas warp my discs? :/ I don't wanna chance it.

and mrglass, lol just scattered around?

sure!! ill take good care of em'

walmart 20 qt sterilite containers? cant remember the size holds 20-25 discs. I line the bottom with folded towels so the sit on something softer. I noticed some damage after long periods of time.

Beer cases work well too depending on what kind of beer you drink. sierra nevada boxes come to mind. duffle bag works too.

OH SNAP, I got some plastic containers in my closet I don't use!! :eek: PERFECT. /thread unless others want to continue discussing haha

a bookshelf, a tub, a couple of bags, and some stacks on a shelf. The bookshelf is new and collectibles (have racks where they rest vertical). The tub is mostly throwers that have come out of my bag and my putters, also found discs, it sits in the garage next to the car, just in case. and a few on shelves. Mostly glow stuff or bagged collectibles. Also have my bag and a glow/ lighted bag.

Rubbermaid 19 QT at Walmart

The Rubbermaid 19 QT at Walmart are great, I got the tip from a guy on DGCR and agree, they work great.

Medium flat rate box from the post office = free storage and on-hand shipping supplies.

Ooooo, that's an awesome idea

No, its not awesome. USPS provides those boxes for shipping. If people continue to hoard them for non-shipping purposes, it doesn't exactly put money in their coffers. This is precisely why they should stop giving them away and start selling them for $1 with $1 worth of postage applied when shipped. That way when people actually use them for their intended purpose, they're still essentially free.

[/rant]

Anyways, plastic containers like Sterlite's are much more rugged, can hold more discs, hold them better, are see through, not to mention waterproof. They're also not all that expensive.

No, its not awesome. USPS provides those boxes for shipping. If people continue to hoard them for non-shipping purposes, it doesn't exactly put money in their coffers. This is precisely why they should stop giving them away and start selling them for $1 with $1 worth of postage applied when shipped. That way when people actually use them for their intended purpose, they're still essentially free.

[/rant]

I keep several on hand anyways for shipping purposes. Can't tell you how many times I have run out of those boxes and dumped the discs into a pile. If you have the boxes on hand you are more likely to use the premium shipping service that the post office is trying to promote. If they charged me a dollar for it I would probably find a cheap box and send it parcel post instead.

The 19 qt. containers are perfect size to fit discs in, that 92 qt. one might not organize them as well. Multiple 19qt.'s stack on top of each other well.

If you have some gems you don't want a scratch on, line the bin with pieces of a pool noodle. One piece on each side of the bottom makes a nice support to prevent sliding around and/or warping of discs.

picture.php

Very well played Shoe. The pic seals the deal. You are a pro, and I choose to emulate you.

I know some of you have made small frames for your bags, but has anyone made one like this?
IMG_0241.jpg

I warped a bunch of DX (it reverted, slowly) and decided I needed a better storage option.
It also limits the number of discs I can own.
Got room for 7 more.

That's how I started.

IMAG0484.jpg

i know it's huge but I was getting cramped in the old setup.... this gives me some room to breathe!

I recently built something similar to this but nowhere near that size (and nowhere near as much valuable plastic!).

The 19 qt. containers are perfect size to fit discs in, that 92 qt. one might not organize them as well. Multiple 19qt.'s stack on top of each other well.

If you have some gems you don't want a scratch on, line the bin with pieces of a pool noodle. One piece on each side of the bottom makes a nice support to prevent sliding around and/or warping of discs.

picture.php

This is pretty much what I do, based on seeing several samples in a similar thread.

Very well played Shoe. The pic seals the deal. You are a pro, and I choose to emulate you.

I stole it from someone on here... but it does work great! It's nice that they are portable if you want to throw one in the trunk for a road trip.

apdrvya's rack is just ridiculous :thmbup: lol

Latest posts