• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hypothetical: You can only carry 6 discs... what and why?

Can't be done, but...

All right it's tough to call it but here goes

Champ Orc <--just have an affinity for it and it does the job
Glo Z Stalker <--great straight driver that holds anny or hyzer lines as well
DX Shark <--magic and a must have
Star Cro <--Great on the short drives so it isn't overpowered and overshot
Star SM Roc (or Cryztal Z BuzZz...damn it might be the BuzZz) <--either really they do the work
$$$ Wizard <--a bit droopy but truly money

The drivers range from 160 to 170, the mids from 170 to 180 and the putters are heavy as can be.

6 is really hard. The above could be used as a universal bag but honestly my bag changes for the course. These are more often than not the key clubs/balls. Problem with this 6 bag is no wind putter...big problem...might have to cut the Cro for a Pig.

Last edited:
I sure hope so...............those are the worst discs ever.

I threw the Maximizer ONCE................straight down a mountain into the woods.

Actually, I like Archangels and Kites well enough and have wanted to try a Maximizer at one point but havent.

I dont think there is such a thing as a truly bad disc, just bad for most maybe. Even if there was, I would still be willing to try it.

ESP Force - Distance hyzer and super predictable finish
ESP Surge - My all purpose driver
FLX Avenger SS - Long tunnel or long anhyzers
FLX Drone - Overstable Mid
Star Mako - My all purpose midrange
Omega SuperSoft - Putter

Actually, I like Archangels and Kites well enough and have wanted to try a Maximizer at one point but havent.

I dont think there is such a thing as a truly bad disc, just bad for most maybe. Even if there was, I would still be willing to try it.

Should I say inefficient mold then? Haven't even thrown the Kite but by looking at it I could see some people using it but no way it would make it into a Pros bag due to the fact it isn't efficient and doesn't do a wide variety of shots well in that power range.

The Archangel I threw when it came out in 01' or so and I loved it but that may have been because I was 12 and also used a Valk as mu #1 driver. Basically was only used for Big D contests along with Valks until around 04' when they made a real overstable run of CFR Champion.

I def am a believer in bad discs and bad names for discs as well.

-Wraith
-Sidewinder
-TeeBird
-Roc
-Rhyno

It's pretty amazing what you can just these 5 discs. You can add another based on personal preferance. Maybe another driver for different wind conditions or a stable to understable driver (beast or valk)

I can only attest to what I've thrown...but here is what I would slim my bag down to if I could only carry six of my own discs:

174 Banger GT-Putt/Approach
178 Buzzz - Straight Mid
178 Wasp - Wind mid/ Hyzer finish mid
170 Striker - Control Driver
150 Flick - Utility disc/skips/ thumbers, wind
174 Avenger SS - Tailwind, rollers, hyzer flips, annies

Champ Groove - my longest sidearm disc
Champ Valkyrie - accurate backhand driver
Champ Firebird - overstable backhand and "s" sidearm shots
Champ Leopard - anhyzer and fairway driver
JLS - to park it under the basket
Champ Aviar - it goes in

Honorable mention - a heavy champ Boss - long overstable, skips under trees, fights out of the thick brush, tomahawk shots

Man this would be tough since I lose discs like they are going out of style.

175 Star Boss (Texas States Edition Only)
175 Star Max (Pink)
168 Elite Z XS (The very best overhand disc in existence)
171 ESP Cyclone
175 Star Cro (First Run Only)
177 Pro D Challenger

Last edited:

Latest posts