• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am as good as Climo!

That hole was at Hippodrome. It was on a narrow ridge that ran thru pine trees.It was only 275 ft maybe. Deep gullies on either side. Lots of people got big numbers on it. I think I got 4 and a 5 . I saw alot of shots hit at the base and roll away just like Ken's , mine included . A real pisser ! I think he shot in the mid 60's that round. The next time he played the course he set a course record . That was his turn around. He went on to win.

Last edited:
Impossible!:confused:
This was obviously filmed in a Hollywood basement just like the whole landing on the moon thing. They did find a great look-a-like for the Champ though.

That hole was at Hippodrome. It was on a narrow ridge that ran thru pine trees.It was only 275 ft maybe. Deep gullies on either side. Lots of people got big numbers on it. I think I got 4 and a 5 . I saw alot of shots hit at the base and roll away just like Ken's , mine included . A real pisser ! I think he shot in the mid 60's that round. The next time he played the course he set a course record . That was his turn around. He went on to win.

Actually is was at Pine Valley Hogback DGC. Hole 10 is the "Hogback" where the course gets it's name. They recently named a bridge on that hole after him.

That I believe was from KC's one bad round the whole week of Worlds that year. He pretty much kicked butt on all the other courses.

Last edited:
Actually is was at Pine Valley Hogback DGC. Hole 10 is the "Hogback" where the course gets it's name. They recently named a bridge on that hole after him.

sup Mayo! IHCC <-

Exactly. Someone must have just added Hogback in because it wasn't there before or just after the collegiate nationals held there. I got a 5 both times on that hole. Rollaways both times. Once I laid it up right next to the pin for a three but caught an edge and rolled :/

Here's the dedication of the bridge to Climo from PDGA's flickr account.
4525010374_659cc9028d.jpg

I'm just to the right of Pete with the sunglasses hanging from my shirt :D

sup Mayo! IHCC <-

Someone must have just added Hogback in because it wasn't there before or just after the collegiate nationals held there.

Yeah I added it. Cool that someone else on here was at Nationals. Can't wait till next year. I think we'll be a much better team.

He got too greedy. Should have layed up for boggy rather than going for par. Oh wait, that is not how a pro thinks. Hmm.

Headline: I am as good as Climo
Truth: I am as good as Climo at his worst.(once)

The thing that struck me most about Climo and Feldberg was how they had to force themselves to miss putts from 30+ feet out. When they were doing their demonstration you could see they had to do some wild arm motion to force a miss....I wish I had that kind of muscle memory.

Reminded me of that time Nate Doss three putted at the USDGC one year, the hole that ends between the lake and that little house (forget the #). 2 bad roll aways, it was great.

Latest posts