• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(IA, KS, MO, OK, AR, TN, KY) The Long Road to BG Ams.

if you are hitting the st louis tourneys next weekend you should hit that cave course on friday night....

Yeah, thinking about it for sure. I think I'll hit paducah and surrounding western KY courses tomorrow.

My jealousy and hatred for you grows with everyday and every post you make . . . I really wish you would go back to work so i don't have to think about it every day.

I'm totally kidding . . . except about the jealousy. I wish I could just drive from course to course everyday for the rest of my life! I only I could hit the lottery . . . the problem there is that I do not play the lottery.

2 Weeks today and I'll be back at work, for a couple months anyway. The thing is every year I earn more, allows me to stay on the road longer. Someday my lifestyle may slow down...

2 Weeks today and I'll be back at work, for a couple months anyway. The thing is every year I earn more, allows me to stay on the road longer. Someday my lifestyle may slow down...

What do you do for work?

Make it over to Evansville, IN and I will show you Mesker Park & Atkinson Park.

I work 3 different aspects of experiential education.

for the YMCA I am a challenge course facilitator. I bring kids into the woods, play games, then send them 30feet into the air to scare the crap out of them.

I have been getting more into the construction, maintenance, and repair of challenge courses, I build zip lines and other high and low elements.

I also work for NOLS, I bring students into the mountains for 30 days at a time to teach them life skills.

Was sugar bottom open in iowa, martin? Would you recommend it? It was closwd when I passed that way 3 months ago.

Was sugar bottom open in iowa, martin? Would you recommend it? It was closwd when I passed that way 3 months ago.

Not open, mfunk and I walked through the gate, a bit of a walk-worth it? Sure, good, fun course. Not a must play by any means, but solid fun. Relatively short and technical - I played out of my mind there, so I enjoyed it even more -the baskets must have putter magnets, I couldn't miss, medicinal must think i'm something of an incredible putter.

Yeah, I checked the map and was like.... That's a long-ass walk! Pass!!!

But short and technical sounds delicious to me, especially combined with the longs at Peninsula. Looking forward to it, too bad you're long gone already.

Thanks for the info, nohr, definitely helps to know ahead of time.

Yeah, I checked the map and was like.... That's a long-ass walk! Pass!!!

But short and technical sounds delicious to me, especially combined with the longs at Peninsula. Looking forward to it, too bad you're long gone already.

Thanks for the info, nohr, definitely helps to know ahead of time.

When are ya heading out there?

I enjoyed Sugar Bottom. Nothing special; but a shot making course. In the early days, I thought it was an interesting use of fast greens. That was the strong point of the course, at that time. I am thinking of the right course, right Martin?...Where they use little mogul type hills as greens?

Holy jeebus!

Hope it's in the long setup for ya! (10,915' long to long, for 18 holes)