• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Any help on identifying this disc? Ink has worn off in the middle, feels and measures around a 9 or 10 speed. It's quite flippy, but feels different from any Sidewinders, Roadrunners, or Mambas that I have felt. Doesn't seem convex enough for a Roadrunner, but it also doesn't seem concave enough to be a Sidewinder of Mamba. :confused: Thank you!

Beast L.

Any help on identifying this disc? Ink has worn off in the middle, feels and measures around a 9 or 10 speed. It's quite flippy, but feels different from any Sidewinders, Roadrunners, or Mambas that I have felt. Doesn't seem convex enough for a Roadrunner, but it also doesn't seem concave enough to be a Sidewinder of Mamba. :confused: Thank you!

Rim depth would help too. If it feels rather deep and is mesuring that way then that is a Beast. More average then it is a Valkyrie or Viking.

Discmania TD?

So, what is this. I am pretty pretty confident it is something out of the gateway family. Looks like a chief os bottom and the glidey top agl is using on the ponderosa to me.

Attachments

• 20200518_135119.jpg
    20200518_135119.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200518_134945.jpg
    20200518_134945.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200518_135101.jpg
    20200518_135101.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 18
So, what is this. I am pretty pretty confident it is something out of the gateway family. Looks like a chief os bottom and the glidey top agl is using on the ponderosa to me.
Since it was just last year I'd ask what the Gateway disc was on the St. Louis facebook page; 1/2 of those guy probably have one and maybe two of them would know what it is. :|

Since it was just last year I'd ask what the Gateway disc was on the St. Louis facebook page; 1/2 of those guy probably have one and maybe two of them would know what it is. :|

I've questions out to a gateway guy, just thought it would be fun to see if anybody here knew as well. I tend to greatly prefer the forum to the Facebook groups.

I've questions out to a gateway guy, just thought it would be fun to see if anybody here knew as well. I tend to greatly prefer the forum to the Facebook groups.
Is it maybe a Legacy Clozer? I've never seen one, just guessing by the letters on the bottom that I can't really read.

That is exactly what it is I bet, profile looks identical. Gr for gravity clz for clozer.

Mystery solved, so not a gateway disc.

Should have posted this in this thread!

kCQXbru.jpg

Disc on the right in yellow is a Proto Star mid that I found years ago w no name/number and left in a bin.
The penned markings are almost gone, but I can make out the V.
Here it is next to a (red) DX VRoc and the yellow midsized nose is a bit blunter, but it seems to have a similar bottom.
Might be a hair larger in diameter, too.
What is this? Maybe a VCobra? Does it have any value (8/10, no ink)?

It could be the VRoc2 AKA the Rocamonga. Is the proto stamp a little different from the regular proto stamp?

No, looks like a normal Protostar to me.
I think it does look more like a *VC than a *VR penned on the underside, so probably V Cobra.

Found this disc and have no idea what it is since I know 0 about prodigy stuff.

Assuming it's a Mid as that is what it feels like. And plastic wise I'd say it feels like closest to like Star plastic?

There's nothing on the back that distinguishes anything. No ink like Innova, just embossed "PRODIGYDISCS.COM MADE IN U.S.A."

From an old post. Still dont know what disc

attachment.php

attachment.php

From an old post. Still dont know what disc

attachment.php

Based on the profile pic, it appears to be either an M3 or M4.

Compare it to the pics, below.

M3
5f12d945-91ad-400f-abd8-f94fd411f89aProdigy%20Profile%20-%20M3%20300S.jpg

M4
cb36c9f4-2d0d-413a-a8cc-fb995fb09c5aProdigy%20Profile%20-%20M4%20400S.jpg

If your disc has a double lip on the bottom, then that would give it away as an M5.

Based on the profile pic, it appears to be either an M3 or M4.

Compare it to the pics, below.

M3
5f12d945-91ad-400f-abd8-f94fd411f89aProdigy%20Profile%20-%20M3%20300S.jpg

M4
cb36c9f4-2d0d-413a-a8cc-fb995fb09c5aProdigy%20Profile%20-%20M4%20400S.jpg

If your disc has a double lip on the bottom, then that would give it away as an M5.

Wasn't there a retooling of one of those molds not long after release?

Like the M2 and M3 were mixed up or something?...

Last edited: