• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If You Could Only Carry 5 Discs - Which Do you Choose and Why?

Bringing out 5 bags... neat

Grip-B (on Back, carrying all drivers and back ups)
Grip-C (carry, filled with approaches/putts)
Plastic bag 1 (contains birdie bag)
Plastic bag 2 (contains dry towels)
Draw string bag? (Carry snacks n stuff, maybe)

Too many bags. Sounds stressful to bring on the course :|

D3 for flat out distance
Wraith for control drives and
TB3 for tight lines and forehands
MD3 any approach or touch forehand
Serpent for upshots and putting

I feel like I could answer this eleventeen billiondy different ways though!

300 pa1- putting and backhand drives
beat zone- straight to fade
beat flat kc roc- straight
color glow shyrke- straight to turnover
s-line pd2- straight to hyzer

GL River - any lines
DX TB - over the pond shots, windy days where the River has issues, back up to my River which I just lost yesterday.
EMac Truth - Might be the best All purpose disc
CB Suspect - This thing is so concave I love it in the wind for Putts 25' and out
XT Bullfrog - Putts

Last edited:
I could get by with 5 discs just fine, but don't like the tiny bags that don't stand up, and 5 discs is too many to carry by hand. So I end up with a bigger bag that I stuff lots more discs in so they don't fall over/rattle around so much...

I could get by with 5 discs just fine, but don't like the tiny bags that don't stand up, and 5 discs is too many to carry by hand. So I end up with a bigger bag that I stuff lots more discs in so they don't fall over/rattle around so much...

Gorilla Boy's framed Spider Monkey bag is IT in small bags. The bag will stay upright on a hill with little regard for how it is facing.

As for five discs, IMO too many people carry too many discs. My present set up consists of three drivers (OS, US, S) two mids (fast and slow both stable) a putter. They are:

Polaris
Illusion
Archangel
Impact
Aurora
Lightning #2 Putter

I could easily drop the putter for the Aurora or vice-versa. And I do carry my most used discs (Polaris, Aurora) in premium and base plastic. I'm also auditioning something to replace the Impact which is OOP.

Putter: Magnet - it was my first putter and still what I'm using, although I'm practicing with a Bullfrog
Midrange: G* Shark
Midrange: my DX Stingray - can't throw a forehand, so I need something that goes right
Control Driver: VIP Warship
Distance Driver: gold line Lat 64 Flow