• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If You Could Only Carry 5 Discs - Which Do you Choose and Why?

Mix Bag
Prime Marshal
Z Wasp
Star Leopard3
Star Eagle
Fuzion Raider

Trilogy
Prime Marshal
Fuzion Suspect
VIP-X Underworld
Lucid-X Convict
Fuzion Raider

Discraft
D Banger GT
Z Wasp
ESP Undertaker
ESP Raptor
ESP Nuke

Innova
R-Pro Aviar P&A
Champion Shark
Star Leopard3
Star Eagle
Star Destroyer

Trilogy
Prime Marshal
Fuzion Suspect
VIP-X Underworld
Lucid-X Convict
Fuzion Raider

Discraft
D Banger GT
Z Wasp
ESP Undertaker
ESP Raptor
ESP Nuke

Innova
R-Pro Aviar P&A
Champion Shark
Star Leopard3
Star Eagle
Star Destroyer

I can see that using the Champion Shark or Shark 3, the Wasp is more comfortable then the ROC, due in part to the wider wing on the Wasp. The narrow wing of the ROC gets into the inner part of a finger knuckle with the bead and causes issues in grip, not to mention the disc is uncomfortable in the hands.

I am old with madskillz long gone...

Distance driver - Rogue
Fairway Driver- Cyclone
Forehand / utility - 150 Flick
Midrange - Gremlin
Putter - Magic

Under normal conditions this is all I need. If windy drop the cyclone add a zone.

Envy (167 plasma)
Comet (172 ESP)
Ohm (167 Neutron)
Relay (155 N)
Tesla (162 fission)

I dropped the Wave for Tesla.. if I was just playing close to home and not windy, I'd swap for Wave... tough to give up my best BH DD.. tough to also assign a slot to the Ohm but these are the discs that would give me the most Joy and shot coverage.

I frequently 'cut' my bag down to a smaller selection of discs. I just started the sport in Jan 2019 and I'm 60 years old with scoliosis (improper curvature of the spine), which makes one leg slightly shorter than the other.

Sometimes, carrying my RidgeRoller bag with 14 or so discs gets to be too much. That's when I pull out my Rogue Irons sling bag and reduce what I take. Usually I do this when I'm playing two rounds in a day. I'll use my RidgeRoller first, then whatever discs I actually threw, I'll move to the sling bag. My 'go-to' five are:

-Putter: Legacy Clutch
-Putter/Approach: Innova Wysocki Pig (this is important-the Wysocki version is flatter than the R-Pro Pig and better for my forehand)
-Midrange: DGA Rift
-Fairway: Legacy Phenom
-Driver: Innova Sidewinder

My noodle arm edition:
-P-Line P2
-Z-Line Zone
-Champion Mako3
-Pro Leopard
-Sexybird

Prime judge - putting and straight up shots
BT soft harp - upshots, forehand approach
Beat up MD4 - all mid-range duties
Discmania fd3 - overstable duties, forehand drives
Legacy outlaw - main driver, forehand duties

UPDATE

prime judge
Sparkle zone
DGA RIFT
Discmania fd3
Discraft vulture

(1) Putter- Dynamic Disc Deputy-Prime- 175g
(2) Mid-Range- Dynamic Disc Emac Truth- 178g
(3) Fairway- Latitude 64 River- 172g Opto
(4) Distance- Latitude 64 Renegade- 172g-Opto
(5) Thumber- Discraft Flick- 169g

My putter will hold any line I throw at it, my mid-range is has a reliable left fade at the end of flight, my fairway is super straight and will hold a anhyzer with low power, my distance driver will hold a giant 325+ s curve in a open space, and lastly my Flick is the furtherest Thumber disc for my hand size- 300ft with medium pressure.

Firefly
Roc
TL3
Wraith
and then something course dependent probably. Firebird or something really flippy maybe.

KC Aviar
McPro Roc3
Star Teebird
Star Destroyer

I'm thinking my 5th would probably depend on the course I was playing. If I'm carrying a seasoned version of each of the above I can cover a large percentage of shots. I imagine the last disc would either be a Firebird or FD, depends on if there's wind or a need for a lot of forehands or turnovers/rollers.

I could probably add another Roc or TeeBird and be pretty comfortable.

I searched this thread to see how my answer has changed over time, and surprisingly I've yet to respond. Guess I better respond now.

Judge, Classic Blend
Zone, Ti
Tursas, TP
Getaway, Biofuzion
Vanish, Neutron

The first four were relatively easy picks. The last slot is harder, not knowing if the course is long and open, tight and wooded, windy, calm, etc. I went with the flippiest distance driver in my bag to create maximum separation from my Getaway, but could see myself selecting a handful of different discs if I knew the course and conditions in advance.

I just purposely downsized my bag to the discs I was using the most. Since it happens to be 5 discs, I figured I'd answer.

Proxy Plasma
Leopard DX (worn in)
Crave Plasma
Virus Neutron
Firebird Star (FAF)

I live at 8000' though so if I was at a sea level I'd probably bump up most of the discs to the next most stable in the lineup.

Something like:
Proxy
Leopard (newish or star/gstar)
Volt
Insanity
Firebird

Latest posts