• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no pre reg. There are two courses so there is always room for people. The tournaments in Rockford are always a great time! Come on out you wont regrete it. Also if you're interested there is going to be random draw doubles on the august 4th at 5 pm to get some practice in before the tourney. After some of us are going to go down to the Olympic Tavern for a pre party and some mini golf.

Will there be a players pack?

he cheats =( lol jk jk hell of a round! Adam saw a guy's back lock up and give out completely on him on hole 12 D= that must of been fun to see D=

My group was right behind them when this happened. We thought The group cleared out and I throw. My shot lands good... And 2nd guy goes to tee off as we see the TD and a spotter come running across the fairway, and step right across that little cement rain ditch that's dry into the edge of the forest.
We were confused because they didn't say anything to us. Thought they were just watching from the edge of the woods.
Guy in my group throws, and lands ok.
Then 3rd guy throws his putter. It turns to the right into the direction we saw the TD go with the spotter. And all you hear is a loud smack!

Instantly the TD steps up out of the bushes holding his face! :eek:

Does anyone know anything about the x gowens tourney in milwaukee on sunday? 80 bucks is a little pricy. Is it worth it?

There is no players pack for the GRABM Classic. It's just a c-tier. Next year either the Rockford Open or the GRABM Classic will be at least a b-tier. If you are looking for more info visit GRABM Disc Golf Club on facebook or grabmdiscgolf.com At grabmdiscgolf.com there is a page for events where you can find more info or there is a forums page with more info also. Actually I just looked at the page a saw that you have posted there. There is going to be a round on each course with two added(temp) holes per course. It's always a good time in Rockford and both courses offer different challenges. Also if you get done early enough Rockford College has a cool 18 and isn't to far away. It would be worth the time to play on your way back to Chicago.

Hello! I just want to introduce, myself. I am a near-daily player, at this point. I would love to really expand my game. I played casually for a number of years, but this year has been different. On a scale of 1-100 my game went from a 20 to probably a 55. I am interested in meeting up and playing a round with anybody.

Hello! I just want to introduce, myself. I am a near-daily player, at this point. I would love to really expand my game. I played casually for a number of years, but this year has been different. On a scale of 1-100 my game went from a 20 to probably a 55. I am interested in meeting up and playing a round with anybody.

Welcome. Leagues are the best way to meet people and get better. Good luck.

I called Scott Hulsebus the other day asking questions. I don't have the loot to enter, nor do I know where I fit, pertaining to classification. I should make it there, however. I did make it to an IOS event at Sinnissippi a month ago. I just watched and experienced. In fact, I bought a Blizzard Boss there for $13. That disc lengthened my game by about 60ft. immediately.

Re: my back!!!

Damn... That's a crappy way to DNF.

I have noticed several WI tourneys with big price tags. I have always wondered why that happens because everything else is cheaper north of the border. :confused:

So was Indiana's... Maybe a disc golf tax instead of a cigarette tax?

AND the payouts for WI tourneys are lowest I've ever seen... At a grey fox tourney there was only 1 CTP 2nd round and it was for a patch, sticker and little dry erase score keeping card.
For all the people that paid in on the CTP and that's all that was given out??? Kinda pathetic... at least IMO.

Maybe the reason for this is that some of the TD's in WI and IN are in business solely as TD's, while most of the TD's in other areas are running the tournaments as a side project (aka labor of love as opposed to trying to pay the rent w/ money earned at the tourneys).

It is certainly possible that other cost factors play into this such as park rental fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts