• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Ah, so we ran into you guys at Willow yesterday too.

We used to run leagues at Willow. There have been leagues on that course for a looooooooong time. When the course went under the knife almost 2 years ago we temporarily moved leagues to Twin Creeks because Willow was unplayable. We ended up staying at Twin Creeks because we liked the park being low traffic. At Willow we constantly had to deal with casual players, pedestrian traffic, cross country, etc. Lots of things that really slowed down the pace of play and hindered our ability to play from alternate tee locations. Twin Creeks we play mostly alternate tees and pretty much have the entire course to ourselves so there's very little interruption.

There are still discussions in our group to move leagues back to Willow, or set up some sort of rotating schedule, but for now it's just talk.

Yep! That was us again yesterday. You guys are always playing some crazy holes! Now I get it...makes total sense. We used to play Willow a lot more, but now we prefer Twin Creeks for quick rounds after work. TC is almost always entirely empty, which I much prefer over the people/pedestrians at Willow.

See ya guys out there soon!

Yep! That was us again yesterday. You guys are always playing some crazy holes! Now I get it...makes total sense. We used to play Willow a lot more, but now we prefer Twin Creeks for quick rounds after work. TC is almost always entirely empty, which I much prefer over the people/pedestrians at Willow.

See ya guys out there soon!

You should show up for leagues. Every Monday. Next Monday is a holiday so I'm not sure who all will be there, but definitely the Monday after that. 5:30pm start this time of the year, will probably move back to 5:15pm once we start running out of daylight. We have 2 different tees for each basket and set up a temp basket as well, so we play 22 holes at Twin Creeks for leagues.

You should show up for leagues. Every Monday. Next Monday is a holiday so I'm not sure who all will be there, but definitely the Monday after that. 5:30pm start this time of the year, will probably move back to 5:15pm once we start running out of daylight. We have 2 different tees for each basket and set up a temp basket as well, so we play 22 holes at Twin Creeks for leagues.

Sounds like quite the setup! I'll definitely join you guys out there one of these weeks. If you run one this Monday, let me know!

So if a guy were to travel to the Joliet area to bag, are Highland and Community the two must hits?

So if a guy were to travel to the Joliet area to bag, are Highland and Community the two must hits?

Highland and Dellwood Park (The Canyons). Don't mind the strange walks at Dellwood. They added 6 more holes but the course map still reflects the original 18. If you end up going there post here we can create a rough draft of the new holes.

Heads up Dellwood The Canyons has a Tournaments this Saturday & Sunday October 8 & 9

Anyone know where I can get a glow round in tonight in SE Wisconsin? Anywhere near Wales, Dousman, Palmyra or Mukwonago? Only course I've ever play in the area was Wales Community Park, and I know that closes as dusk.

Why the hell is there a tournament at fox river today and it's not listed here on dgcr? Wtf!

Why the hell is there a tournament at fox river today and it's not listed here on dgcr? Wtf!

Facebook and dgscene.com are better places to find tourney info these days. :thmbup:

Welcome back to the dgcoursereview party steveo!

Facebook and dgscene.com are better places to find tourney info these days. :thmbup:

Welcome back to the dgcoursereview party steveo!

Thanks for the info Jason! I have been playing a lot this year and am finally ready to try my luck in a tournament. I just need one at a course I know well. I missed the one at fairfield back in July I think. Then missed this one at fox river. :mad:

Played about half of the new Discgolfpark course in Tinley Park on Saturday. The signage and equipment is great, but I'm not a fan of this style of course. Very few obstacles and tons of prairie grass does not an enjoyable round make.

Played about half of the new Discgolfpark course in Tinley Park on Saturday. The signage and equipment is great, but I'm not a fan of this style of course. Very few obstacles and tons of prairie grass does not an enjoyable round make.

Sounds like the old Fairfield layout with signs and real teepads. Oh well. :\

I had an opportunity to get a round in at Flyboy on NYE. It was nice to cross that one off the bucket list!

Latest posts