• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

Screw it i called and they said 4 bucks. so i think ill head that way. anywhere i could put the word out im there and looking to meet up. id even play a mini or a cash game.

I changed my user name. 'GoodDrive' was a lie. A damn dirty lie.

All tees are poured at Fairfield! Major props to Brett for hiring Chuck Kennedy instead of doing the design himself. Brett obviously knows his ****e, but realized the opportunity demanded a world class design pro. I can't imagine having a great property very close to where I live; and handing the design to an outsider when I had a course design business of my own. This is looking like it may be the best course within 3+ hours of Chitown. I can't wait to play it.

I played Fairfield in 2009 or 2010 for a tourney, and saw no reason to ever return. Ever since Chuck's layout was posted last year, I've been following the progress of this course. If things turn out the way it is looking, I will be driving north rather than south for quality DG. Who said Lake Co. DG sucks?

Upon rereading, I want to clarify...

This is like being a gifted young designer and hiring Robert Trent Jones, Jr to redo the local pitch and putt when better, adjacent land opened up for expansion. Mad props for the humility required.

You've changed... I don't even know who you are anymore :(

Hey that was my line!!! :mad:
edit: looks like you did beat me to it... :eek:

I only wonder why he waited 'till Tim started charging for the name changes... I'm pretty sure WCG did it for free...

Last edited:
Despite a small turnout, the Marengo fundraiser brought in over a thousand dollars, well past our goal. Look to see all concrete tees out there in the next month or so with the overage being used to fund some alternate pin positions.

and if you were curious...

The wooden trophy discs fly pretty nice.

Did the pads get installed here yet? :popcorn:

This is looking like it may be the best course within 3+ hours of Chitown. I will be driving north rather than south for quality DG. Who said Lake Co. DG sucks?

I will be impressed if it's better than C2 or Westlake, both within 3 hours of Chicago, you should try going west instead of south...

Well I look forward to playing it, when are you and the man formerly known as GdbP going to come to the QC again?

Did the pads get installed here yet? :popcorn:

Yes, all tees have been concrete for a couple weeks now though some still need backfill. If one of the Rengo guys doesn't get to it, I'll try to hit it before everything freezes up.

Hey everybody in the neighborhood; go take a look in the pics thread. Think about coming to the Grand Opening of Bald Eagle; hosted by Mr. Dewgarita. You don't get to play that many beach side baskets/holes; anywhere in the country...

Latest posts