• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innocent Bystanders

The new corse at Picnic Island in Tampa has warning signs on the tee signs and also on the perimiter of the course.

cd12ab7e_m.jpg

Safety and courtesy rule the day. If its a tournament, I assume you've gotten park permission/reserved the area and therefore someone should be manning the parking situation. Then you have a right to ask people to move from the play areas. But for casual play, if you encounter static (especially if there is little or no signage) just bow out and go to the next hole. Take the high road. We were playing Endicott park and there was a huge family reunion going on at the pavillion which is near holes 1, 9, 10 and 15. There were people all over 15 in particular. We spoke to them, explained what we were doing, and they kinda moved out of the way. Kinda. So instead of hitting someone, we just moved down the fairway past them, agreed on a spot, took a stroke and threw from the fairway.

Luckly most courses I play are in areas that are for disc golf, not mixed use. However having been hit a few times myself - I don't throw at people unless they are disc golfers that I know. . .well.:D

I've seen families picnic with the basket in the middle of there group. I've even heard of people using Disc Golf baskets as grills (no idea how that even...ya...)

Yes it does happen. I have seen the basket full of charcoal and the chains had steaks hanging on them!!!
:clap:

People can do some strange things.