• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova guys: Anyone prefer the Eagle over the Teebird?

Dont know send me a Teebird and Ill tell you.

I throw Eagles, I like them and they're easier to get usually them Teebirds....

Because when he first came here all he did was create about 15 threads a day... Even when he was told to stop he just made more and more and more and more and more.

Aww its part of his charm....were all used it it by now lol

I'm curious how they allowed Johnny to make new threads again too. This is another dangerously Johnny-esque new thread. You say that "when you threw Innova", you preferred the Eagle. Okay then... First, you don't throw Innova anymore, so why do you care? Second, if you don't throw Innova anymore, why is your sig nothing but Innova discs? Third, even if you DO still throw Innova, who cares what anyone else likes or dislikes? I throw the Gazelle, Banshee, and Leopard as my main drivers. 95% of throwers seem to prefer the Teebird over the Gazelle, but I don't really care. It works for me and I love it. No need to post a new thread asking why the Teebird is preferable to the Gazelle.

(PLEASE don't post a new thread asking why people prefer the Teebird to the Gazelle)

don't know man I mean this is a place to talk about disc golf and stuff like that...or I guess we could all just not talk to anyone and just sit around reading old threads and be boring....

Hes just trying to have a conversation.....kind the whole purpose of this thing.....

I love eagles. Reliable fade and much cheaper on the OOP goodies.

Eagles>Teebirds all day every day.

Maybe they were cheaper on the OOP goodies.....it doesn't seem like it anymore...either that or OOP eagles= expensive....OOP Teebirds= really expensive.i think FB is kind of ruining the used disc market.....

I'd probably throw Eagles if I didn't throw XLs. Although they would finish a little stronger. And they'd probably make my DX Banshee redundant. Maybe even my Champion Banshee, if I got one of the crazy beefy ones. That'd be sad :(

Someone needs to invent MVP fanboy repellent and start applying it to some of these threads.

OP - "Do you prefer Eagles over Teebirds?"

MVP fanboy - "Volts are awesome"

I explained why i like the eagle over the teebird first, then I also wanted to explain what i throw now in place of the eagle, i see nothing wrong with that.

just because something replaced my eagles doesn't make me an MVP fanboy.. i know people who throw ONLY innova, or ONLY Discraft, etc.. this does not make them a fanboy, i respect their choice.

As i said, i would instantly switch back to CE Eagles if i could buy them for $15.. but i cant :(

I could easily say:
OP - "Do you prefer Eagles over Teebirds?"

DGCR Flamer - mindless post that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP topic

I'm in the Eagle camp, probably from being a mostly FH driving player. Not that you can't drive teebirds FH or anything, but Eagles are solid FH discs that can mimic the lines of the warp speed stuff without having to try to blast it. Lets you get those nice flex lines with much more control. I've switched to Cyclones as I love the feel it has with the bead on a fairway, but Eagles are still great discs.

Also threadjack for a second. Anyone know if they make echostar eagles?

Last edited:
I've got 4 Teebirds in my bag (2 11x champ, 1 star, 1 dx) and 2 eagles in my bag (1 11x KC Pro EL and 1 11x Champ EX). The eagles are very different discs. They feel the same, but fly much differently. I've also got several 12x champ eagles that are nice too.

Eagles - The EL is a line shaper. Holders any line I put it on. With a lot of snap, it's the best hyzer-flip disc I've ever thrown. The EX is like a mini firebird (exaggeration). That thing is super overstable.

Teebirds - The 11x teebirds have a lot more stability than the star and dx. I can throw them with a lot of snap and they go super straight and fade hard at the end. The star has a slight turn and fades a little at the end. The DX turns the whole way or hyzer flips.

I love both discs. They make up the heart of my bag. They are both super consistent and very easy to throw with good form.

I throw both. DX Teebird for hyzer flips, Champ Teebird for slight flex or straight without fading too much, Champ Eagle for straight with a fairly consistent fade at the end.

Eagles were my main drivers back in the day, but I converted to Teebirds and never looked back....I do like to have a PD and River in the bag to get more line shaping options though!

If you want to throw Innova...
Teebird for predictable flight pattern
Eagle for versatility/mild stability
Leopard for understability
TL for STRAIGHT
Anyone else have anything to add to this post?

I'm in the Eagle camp, probably from being a mostly FH driving player. Not that you can't drive teebirds FH or anything, but Eagles are solid FH discs that can mimic the lines of the warp speed stuff without having to try to blast it. Lets you get those nice flex lines with much more control. I've switched to Cyclones as I love the feel it has with the bead on a fairway, but Eagles are still great discs.

Also threadjack for a second. Anyone know if they make echostar eagles?

Do you think Eagles give a better feel/release for FH than a Teebird? I've never used an Eagle, trying to learn FH, work on them with Pigs, Karmas, and Banshees, and the Teebird feels awkward in the hand when doing a forehand and I could use a disc to learn longer shots than the Banshee so I can work up to using my Destroyer for it one day once I get some good distance.

Do you think Eagles give a better feel/release for FH than a Teebird? I've never used an Eagle, trying to learn FH, work on them with Pigs, Karmas, and Banshees, and the Teebird feels awkward in the hand when doing a forehand and I could use a disc to learn longer shots than the Banshee so I can work up to using my Destroyer for it one day once I get some good distance.

I'm a FH dominant player and use Teebirds and Banshees as my Fairway drivers. They compliment each other nicely and both have a similar feel in the hand. I use my fairways for shots out to 300-325. Anything over 325 is when I use my PD's or if i need to throw a lower line. I'm not sure how far your throwing your Fairways but if you're getting them out near 300ft. I'd suggest trying out some PD's before a Destroyer. The P PD is dead straight with fade right outta the box. S PD's are a bit more HSS than the P and have a healthier fade. I'd suggest buying both a P PD and a S PD, and by the time your P is nice flippy your S line will be a seasoned line shaping machine. They hold up well in the wind and are sneaky long. They might make you forget all about Destroyers.

I've never had an issue with the way Teebirds feel in a forehand grip. I will second the above poster's suggestion of a PD. Absolutely deadly when thrown forehand. Great glide and accuracy.

I use to have a DX Eagle, Champ Teebird, and Champ TL.

I liked throwing all three but I really enjoyed the flight out of the Eagle.

Eagle is the jack of all trades. Many players recognize that it is one fairway driver than can cover ALL shots if you have a spectrum of them from new-beat.

Say hi to the Leopard. You dont even need to beat it in or bring multible leopards in different stages.

Leopard is the comet of the fairway drivers.

You dont even need to beat it in or bring multible leopards in different stages.

You don't NEED to do a lot of things, but multible Leos are great. I'm playing a short course today so I packed Champ/Star/Pro/DX Leos as well as Champ/Star/Beat Champ/DX Teebirds.

I'll probably only throw mids. ha!

And a Champ Eagle - that I shouldn't have deflashed. :wall: Some field throws with it the other night, I don't see much difference between it and my stable TB's. Overlap City - Population: 1 Ch Eagle.

Latest posts