• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Krait-Approved

now that ive put them up next to eachother it doesnt look exactly like a destroyer top but its close. i dont have any wraiths to compare it to but maybe thats what it is. here is a pic of a krait and destroyer.
IMG_36501.jpg

The rim looks weird, like its beaded?

I held one the other day, it almost has the look the leopard has at the bottom of the wing, but not as much so, and the wing feels convex almost. Feels nice in the hand tho

The rim looks weird, like its beaded?

there is no bead.

the heads at Disc Nation have determined this definitely is a new bottom piece(well nothing like it at speed 11+).

And definitely not a leopard like someone else suggested

the wing starts out convex before coming back to "flat"

If any of you felt the messed up blizzard wraiths with the crazy convex bottoms, well the krait is very similar to that on the wing

Who has actually thrown one and replaced something in their bag? I briefly had teedevils and archons in my bag, but they are out again. Haven't honestly considered these, but I am curious.

i felt up one of the metal flake ones today and it didn't seen too bad. i was kind of suprised by the shape, there wasn't really much to the bottom half. i haven't really inspected the mamba a whole lot, but the krait bottom reminded me of it a little bit.

I held one the other day, it almost has the look the leopard has at the bottom of the wing, but not as much so, and the wing feels convex almost. Feels nice in the hand tho

I agree with this too. Imagine a speed 11 Leopard bottom. Noticeably convex like an under stable driver closer to the rim, but then the abrupt concave turn right before the inner rim. I can rip an archon BH but cannot throw them at all FH because the awkward Vulcan top, this certainly feels better in hand for FH or BH grip to me. I want to try one but haven't seen any in the 160s yet.

Let's travel together to an Innova board room meeting shall we:

(Innova executive #1)"Ok, we need to find a way to milk more money out of beginning players who will buy anything we put out there, so what should we do?"

(Innova executive #2)"Well we have been just putting the same thing out there over and over again and just putting a different name on it and saying something is different about it, why don't we just keep doing that?"

(Innova executive #1)"You're right why change what works?" Just make sure the quality control continues to be horrible so that they will keep buying them hoping to find another that is like the "first run" ok?"

(Innova executive #2)"Not a problem, when someone calls and asks why their stingray is more stable than a whippet I always just say we can't control the temperature in the warehouse, ha ha, and they believe it! They actually believe that we just can't air condition the warehouse!"

(Innova executive #1)"Please, please stop, you kill me with that one every time! So how does the new Rolls Royce drive?......"

(Innova executive #1)"Ok, we need to find a way to milk more money out of beginning players who will buy anything we put out there, so what should we do?"

(Innova executive #2)"Well we have been just putting the same thing out there over and over again and just putting a different name on it and saying something is different about it, why don't we just keep doing that?"

(Innova executive #1)"You're right why change what works?" Just make sure the quality control continues to be horrible so that they will keep buying them hoping to find another that is like the "first run" ok?"

(Innova executive #2)"Not a problem, when someone calls and asks why their stingray is more stable than a whippet I always just say we can't control the temperature in the warehouse, ha ha, and they believe it! They actually believe that we just can't air condition the warehouse!"

(Innova executive #1)"Please, please stop, you kill me with that one every time! So how does the new Rolls Royce drive?......"

Hee hee. +1.

:| -1

I always thought the point of owning a business was to turn a profit. I would think a vast majority of Innova customers are weekend huckers out for a casual round with friends. They are not the type to visit forums and learn how to breakdown thier form in order to improve. They want the newest and fasted disc they can get. If Innova didnt make the discs someone else would. Plus I would think this buisiness is alot of trial and error. How many drivers did Innova make before they struck gold with the Teebird or Eagle and so on with thier whole linup.

I like the disc but i feel it does not match the numbers they gave it. I hope the standard runs are more closer to the numbers assigned to it.

Any chance that it's more because it's a brand spanking new champ disc? I've never had a brand new star/champ disc fly their stats, save for the Archon, when it comes to high speed drivers. Even a new sidewinder has a TON of fight in it. This sounds like what I'm wanting :D

Maybe it's in my head, and therefore going into my throw, but I am throwing my CFR Krait further than any of my champ Wraiths. Played a 375' hole Monday, was left with a 20' putt. I've never managed to put a wraith much past 300'. Loving this sparkle purple monstrosity.

I picked up one a couple days ago for the hell of it. It looks and feels great. My main driver is a 171 gram pro Wraith and usually throw around 380' on a nice clean release. For me this flies more overstable than a new Pro Wraith. I would say it is really close, if not identical to a Starfire. I haven't turned it over yet unless I cheat and add OAT.

I will say that the pink sparkle is about the easiest disc to find in existence.

This is a pretty sweet mold. Very straight for the majority of its flight and very comfortable to throw. I like it a lot.

Initial review of this disc is that it fits the Wraith like a Longer TL to a Teebird. Threw it into a wind yesterday and performed well and stable. More throws needed but little info is out on reviews for this disc yet. Personally, I love the Wraith in Star/Champ plastic, this disc just gives a head start out of the box in the break in period to fit where my old star wraith was. Definitely feels good, runs a straight line and breaks off slow, not as sharp as a champ or star wraith near max weight out of the box. This was exactly why I bought the disc so I'm satisfied thus far.

I've been throwing the CFR 175wt Ch Krait. My friend has been throwing the Blizzard in 165 wt (oddly high for a blizzard imo) and its arrow straight with 1/2 the fade of a wraith at the end helping push a little further.

Wow, a new disc i'm actually interested in trying, its been a while. If it flies as advertized it could be a real winner...it will take a lot to pry my OLF's from my hands though. Would adding a Krait generate some overlap with a seasoned Orion LF?

Latest posts