• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Lycan

IMAG0296.jpg

I have three like this

DSC02677.jpg

Hmmm, looks like my champ coyote but domey. Nose and wing though are a pretty close match. I could also see Mako in there. You throw 'em yet or are they just for show?

Got one at the Frozen finale. Gonna take it out for a test throw today along with a mako. i'll let yall know how it goes

Thanks for posting the pic.

That convex rim does weird things to discs. I've been pretty impressed Innova's other mids that feature it. Somehow it provides good HSS yet remains very neutral during the low speed portion of the flight. It's so domey! And with the plus rim, it's no surprise Innova was initially a bit confused about where this thing would go in the flight chart. It's a freakin' weird disc.

Last edited:
Sorry for not getting a picture up in time. Looks like one is already up.nnI've been pretty busy and still am. Let me know if you still want a picture.

lycan = innovas md2? i think so

No telling. I will say that this disc performs excellently in the 300 ft range. It has done every line I have put it on. Flat Hyzers, sweeping hyzers, Hyzer flip straight shots, big sweeping Turnovers, flex shots, straight low with dependable fade. Im ready to get this thing in the woods and bang it off some trees.

Innova finally has the 3D thing working for the Lycan on their website. Not having seen it in hand yet, the website disc looks like a domey coyote...rim seems to be exactly the same. I think I'll pick one up as soon as one of our local shops gets them.

It really depends on how you throw. IT WILL DO WHATEVER YOU MAKE IT DO. So far it has done everything very well. There is no need to compare it to anything because IMO it is unique. It reminds me of a ..... really cant think of anything.

lycan = innovas md2? i think so

similar flight to a P-MD2 and the proto mold md2(aurora ms 2.0). It has a bit more glide and the line is a bit different. It isn't really a disc that "sweeps" or cuts hard. It locks into the shot and holds. The MD2, especially the C-MD2, is considerably more stable. This more like an Aurora MS.

NOTHING like stingray bottom. ZJ speaks the truth on this one. I was out in the field playing with one this afternoon and I really like the line holding. Whatever release angle I put it on it just rode until it faded just a bit. I can't wait to deflash this thing and beat it up a touch because I think it could be what I thought makos were going to be when they came out.

NO IT IS NOT.

Pure coyote

Diameter - Lycan 21.8 - MD2 21.7 - Coyote 21.7 - Mako 21.7
Height - Lycan 2.1 - MD2 2.0 - Coyote 1.9 - Mako 2.1
Rim Depth - Lycan 1.4 - MD2 1.4 - Coyote 1.3 - Mako 1.4
Inside R Dia - Lycan 18.8 - MD2 19.0 - Coyote 19.4 - Mako 19.3
Rim Thick - Lycan 1.5 - MD2 1.4 - Coyote 1.2 - Mako 1.2
RDpth/Dia - Lycan 6.4 - MD2 6.5 - Coyote 6.0 - Mako 6.5

yup, pure coyote. :|

Diameter - Lycan 21.8 - MD2 21.7 - Coyote 21.7 - Mako 21.7
Height - Lycan 2.1 - MD2 2.0 - Coyote 1.9 - Mako 2.1
Rim Depth - Lycan 1.4 - MD2 1.4 - Coyote 1.3 - Mako 1.4
Inside R Dia - Lycan 18.8 - MD2 19.0 - Coyote 19.4 - Mako 19.3
Rim Thick - Lycan 1.5 - MD2 1.4 - Coyote 1.2 - Mako 1.2
RDpth/Dia - Lycan 6.4 - MD2 6.5 - Coyote 6.0 - Mako 6.5

yup, pure coyote. :|

I believe he was referring to the bottom half of the mold being from the Coyote, not the whole disc itself being a Coyote. Many discs share the same mold pieces. I'm sure you know this though. :\

if the bottom half of the disc was from the coyote the numbers would support that. the coyote is the least like the lycan in every category except diameter. i haven't held the disc, i was just saying it looks like the md2 bottom and i'm not the only one who made that observation. i just think it's funny that he was so zealous in his declaration that the lycan is pure coyote yet the rim numbers say something else.

Last edited:
It does look like it would fly like a (over)stable Qms. Dang, why couldn't they have come out with this back when I threw Qms's and needed something with a bit more fade? :\