• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova vs Discraft Poll

What Brand do You Use THE MOST?

• Innova

Votes: 257 66.6%
  • Discraft

Votes: 114 29.5%
  • Other

Votes: 15 3.9%

• Total voters
For those of you who list millennium and ching as seperate brands, they are both made by innova.They are all popular innova molds with a diffrent name.

The Millenium discs are not exact copies.
Their QMS for example is, I think, a Shark bottom and Roc top.
Dave D. does design and manufacture all Millennium discs.

Plastic by the craft.

I throw a slightly mixed bag but 80-90% Discraft! Consistency..... And I lived in Michigan.

I can always make room though for a Monster (wind), Spider, and Firebird. Great Innova molds!

Anyone ever try the 10 pack of misprint discraft? Seems like a really good deal and a good way to try a new brand. I think I am gonna try it so I might be asking people to help identify discs since they say they may not be labelled.

I would like to say Dicscraft, but I can't find many stores that sell them. I don't have any credit cards so I can't buy any on-line. The sad thing is I live about 20 minutes from the factory. The ones I did find I had to buy used at "Play-It-Again" sports.

I'm new to the sport so I haven't had the opportunity to make much of a comparison, but so far I like my Discraft Drone and my daughters Disccraft Putt-R the best.

Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on some new disc when the economy turns around, but I won't hold my breath.

Anyone ever try the 10 pack of misprint discraft? Seems like a really good deal and a good way to try a new brand. I think I am gonna try it so I might be asking people to help identify discs since they say they may not be labelled.

When they say misprints are they talking about a problem with the molds and there is a defect in the plastic or is it the logo's and lettering on the disc that is messed up?

Sounds like it is stamp issues...

The normal plastic is 10 for $40 and the best stuff is 10 for $60

Killer deal if it is just stamps.

Swwt. I know a lot of people throw X-outs...hell I have one and it is not bad...usually more flashing than normal or scratched...

On their website, they say that they are only misprint issues.
ALL plastic or mold defects are rejected before they get to stamping.
The stamping defects are always minor, from what I've seen.

Thats a freaking killer deal then.

I will order one tonight in the regular plastic. Will pass the ones I don't want on at cost plus initial shipping plus shipping.

Discraft Misprints

When they say misprints are they talking about a problem with the molds and there is a defect in the plastic or is it the logo's and lettering on the disc that is messed up?

Discraft Misprints are mismarked or stamps that went wrong. I would advise to spend the extra cash and get the Z package. You don't get to choose discs (unless you know someone) and if you get the D plastic it might be really old molds no one throws anymore. Eclipse anyone?

But I want an eclipse...hahaha

I am not a huge fan of champion style plastic that is the only reason I was gonna go with the cheap one...did not realize that the Z style was newer and better chance of "modern" molds...thanks.

Most of the discs in my bag are Innova. I have two Discraft discs in there as well.

On their website, they say that they are only misprint issues.
ALL plastic or mold defects are rejected before they get to stamping.
The stamping defects are always minor, from what I've seen.
Discraft "X-outs" are supposed to only be hotstamping problems. Per above they claim plastic defects do not leave the factory.

Innova X-outs consist of both hotstamp problems and plastic issues, which are usually visible bubbles in translucent Champion discs.

But it does make me wonder how many bubbles there are in the opaque Star, Pro, DX, ESP, Elite-X, and Pro-D discs flying around on courses... :confused:

Discraft Misprints are mismarked or stamps that went wrong. I would advise to spend the extra cash and get the Z package. You don't get to choose discs (unless you know someone) and if you get the D plastic it might be really old molds no one throws anymore. Eclipse anyone?

I have 2 in my bag at all times. Don't knock 'em bro -- You gotta throw what works :D

I use discraft for mids and innova for drivers. As for which I use most, it just depends on the course.

BTW I ordered the misprint 10 pack so within a couple weeks I will probably have 4-6 for sale/trade.

They charge 13 something for shipping but again...10 discs that normally cost 12-16 bucks for 7.31 ea is a good deal.

We will see what kind of variety they send...it says you will get at least 4 different.

But I want an eclipse...hahaha
The Eclipse is a fine example of how Innova rules the disc golf world. The Eclipse is Discrafts answer to the Stingray. They are very similar discs, and the Eclipse is just as good of a short turnover driver and roller disc as the Stingray. Yet you see guys on here all the time sing the praises of their Stingray. The Eclipse causes billnchristy to laugh out loud at the thought of throwing one. If you have a use for a Stingray, you would have a use for the Eclipse, plain and simple.

Besides, I've got a really cool glow Eclipse:
017-1.jpg

;)