• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Whale

I've been throwing my Ice Bowl Whale a lot lately. Mine is a pink XT, 175 and has a flat top. The plastic is nice and grippy. Even when cold.

I don't really care for the overall shape of the nose as I power grip putters off the tee. Couldn't really get a comfortable grip with a fan grip on upshots either.

It flies nice off the tee or on a full power rip. I didn't really care for it on powered down upshots though. Doesn't seem like a "touch" disc.

Not a bad disc. I actually like it. Just probably won't end up bagging it. Prefer a fresh KC.

I'm going to buy one for the DX stamp alone.
whale-dx.png

After what Nate Sexton said about this disc I'm somewhat curious... can any confirm that it has "torque resistance"? Particularly on flicks?

To me..... This is a Beaded Magic. It flies like I would expect a Magic with a bead to fly, and has a nearly identical nose/wing.

So if you like the Magic/PA4 the Whale would be a great Paring.

This is also a very close match to the Trilogy Dagger, but the Whale is a tad more shallow

I like the flight.

Yep, I agree it's just like a beaded magic. While the PA4 has a similar wing shape, the Magic and Whale both feel deeper than a PA4 with a higher shoulder, especially on the Whale. That's why I like driving a PA4 (or the new RDG Serpent which also has a similar shape/depth), but not a Magic or Whale. The XT plastic on the Ice Bowl Whales I got also feels very nice; grippy, but not too floppy. I'm not going to bag a Whale for either putting or driving because there are other putters that are more comfortable to me in both roles, but I'm sure some people will like them.

I want to grab one in white too, I have no care to throw it, I just want one for the stamp alone! :thmbup:.

These do feel like a dagger. No bueno. The DX blend is also pretty soft.

But hey, you have to buy a blue whale when you get a chance to

Well, I tried em, but I had to switch back to the mcpro. The XT whale feels really awesome gripwise for drives but they just turn too easily. The DX was more stable new, but I lost my trust in them. McPro is home for me!

Felt some up and they reminded me of a magic and a nova mixed together kinda. I actually do like the stamp, disc should be called the anchor though

I picked one up last week and I love it. I think I found a replacement for my Pure. I will still use my Wizard for drives because the depth is fairly uncomfortable for me even as a person with bigger hands.

Does anyone else think that the whale is pretty similar to the dagger?

Id say they feel pretty similar, with the dagger having a bigger bead.. about the same size as the bead on my pa3.

Anyone else feel like the Whale is the same as the Discmania P1x?
I held them up side by side at a shop and they look pretty similar. Didn't feel the need to pick one up since I already got a P1x to try last month.

Latest posts