• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait....did I miss something? Pat said he made his decision. Did he already? I am pretty sure I read that like 10 pages ago but didn't see it after.

And who are the owners of Prodigy now? He mentions 24 world titles but no names.....wtf

Wait....did I miss something? Pat said he made his decision. Did he already? I am pretty sure I read that like 10 pages ago but didn't see it after.

And who are the owners of Prodigy now? He mentions 24 world titles but no names.....wtf
Names are at the end of the video:
Lavone Wolfe
Phil Arthur
Dave Greenwell
Morgan Mcdowell

I'd been wondering about some sort of "standardized tour" component to this announcement, but they wouldn't have to announce one, would they?

If all these guys and gals are making $10k base from prodigy, that would go a long way to ease the blow of all of them having to compete against each other.

I mean, aside from "majors," has it been better for top 10-20 players to avoid all playing the same tourney each week, financially? Will this mean a greater concentration of top players at the same tourney, week in, week out? Will Team Prodigy act as a sort of "king maker" as to which tourneys comprise a "legit" pro tour?

Well the video said nothing other than who is on their team and they have some discs coming out in the spring.

But there are some names missing in the vid that got dropped in here.

So where did the others go?

It's obvious that Phil Arthur, as a competitor, wasn't thrilled when they drew straws to see who was going to have to do the announcement video, and he lost.

Based on what I've heard, Prodigy is really the brainchild of Phil. He sought out the other involved members as it grew and began to become a reality.

Having Phil as the voice really makes sense. He's soft-spoken, articulate and is still an active touring player. He's young enough to still be "hip" (did you see those glasses? HIP!) but not one of the "brash" young guns.

I am excited to see what Prodigy is going to be offering in the future and will be actively supporting them in their QUEST FOR GLOBAL DISC DOMINANCE.

Last edited:
Well the video said nothing other than who is on their team and they have some discs coming out in the spring.

But there are some names missing in the vid that got dropped in here.

So where did the others go?

Well, Eric McCabe went to Dynamic Discs, so some other pros may have gone there as well. Also, I'm not sure Prodigy is done signing pros or if they are still in talks with a few more.

Based on what I've heard, Prodigy is really the brainchild of Phil. He sought out the other involved members as it grew and began to become a reality.

Having Phil as the voice really makes sense. He's soft-spoken, articulate and is still an active touring player. He's young enough to still be "hip" (did you see those glasses? HIP!) but not one of the "brash" young guns.

I am excited to see what Prodigy is going to be offering in the future and will be actively supporting them in their QUEST FOR GLOBAL DISC DOMINANCE.

I had no idea that Phil Arthur was behind this until last night/very early this morning. However, this past summer at the Des Moines Challenge I was talking with Phil and he mentioned that he had dropped Innova because there was a conflict of interest in him pushing another company's discs. I thought he was talking about opening up a retail store, but now it all makes sense.

Congrats to Phil and everyone else behind Prodigy. I'm not sure what this will do for the growth of the sport overall, but it will certainly help push the level that the Pros are considered such and hopefully force other companies to step up their sponsorship packages.

At the very least, Discraft is going to have a lot of marketing material to update. They're the company that most loudly trumpeted their collection of top players, and now they're down to Nate Doss on the "Elite" team and their women's team is pretty much empty except for more "ambassador" type players like Liz Carr and Elaine King.

Didn't take Innova long to update their team rosters page. All former Innova players a now removed. Not sure when they updated it though.

Those of you running with the 10k salary figure, where are you getting your information on this?

That is the number floating around everywhere. Whether that is correct or not who knows.

Innova wasted no time at all, discraft still has a way to go. Discraft definitely took the brunt of this so I guess we will see if the grass is greener on the other side!!

idk, ive heard 15 fwiw
I figured there was some kind of a salary. Trying to somewhat verify it, I can only find one comment on Facebook about from someone who doesn't seem to be at all involved in the company. Now that there are some facts with, I'm assuming, more to come after everyone nurses their New Year's hangovers, I think it would be nice to end the speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.