• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me after reading post this yesterday:

- Google "disc golf store"
- Spend a couple minutes looking at the banner at the top of their page trying to find hidden meaning
- Refresh the page a couple times
- Repeat
- Check the picture "link"/"name"
- Refresh a couple more times
- Consider asking in this thread what banner you're talking about
- Forget about it - will just look like an ass
- Continue to anxiously await the big news

Today:

- Notices Disc Golf Store banner at the top of this site

:doh:

Did the exact same thing:p

Hrmm maybe that is a push within the younger crowd of pros. They want to have mixed bags. They want to have a "driver sponsor" a "mid sponsor" and a "putter sponsor". Didn't that used to be a normal thing on the PGA tour about 15-20 years ago? a pro would have X wood, Y irons and a Z Putter. or am I dreaming that up?

At one point, Gateway discussed having a Wizard team. Basically, the players were sponsored by Gateway, but only were required to throw wizards.

I'm not sure what happened from there..

But I will say, if mixed bags is the next big thing, Gateway was ahead of the market.

Ahead of the times? Maybe.
I doubt if they had a solid lineup of discs that they would allow it tho, JMO

also sponsor shuffling isnt anything new. just not the major sponsors.

look at will and his bag sponsors. he was on gorilla boy and left for voodoo without even notifying gorilla. then he left voodoo for bighyzer. and whats with UB? seems to me like he jumps ship a lot.

Didn't that used to be a normal thing on the PGA tour about 15-20 years ago? a pro would have X wood, Y irons and a Z Putter. or am I dreaming that up?
Lot of them still do. Plenty of pros playing Cleveland wedges, for example. The whole "total X bag" thing IS very recent in the PGA -- I want to say since Nike entered the sport and started making everything from balls to drivers to irons to putters.

I like the mixed bag idea but then again I am working my way to one manufacturer as my favorite small DG company who is doing a lot for the game continues to fill up their lineup. As Dana said, I like throwing rubber. This is all getting more and more interesting, I wonder how many two manufacturer sponsored players we will see.

I always vote for mixed bag because in my mind the logic dictates that if all the pros are free to throw what they want we as fans and players will see what the best discs are. we could possibly see what the settlement of the old Roc v. Buzzz inanity et cetera.

This is interesting. Prodiscus just posted this on their facebook page. I wonder if there is some sort of partnership in the works.

"Next year Team Prodiscus players will wear Wilson golf clothes."

uhhh... Elaine King? 5x world champion...

also Sarah Hokom. I believe she's the current world champ.

so what are you going to do with all those aviars Paul?.....ebay?......marketplace?......me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts