• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this in?

LakeStevensBA

This happened to me the other day. The putt bounced, landed on the rim and teetered back and forth for a few seconds. It finally stopped and I waited about 15 seconds before I retrieved it. Is it in? I believe the rules say the basket or chains must be supporting the disc, so I take that as "hell yes, it's in!"

P.S. Yes, the basket is a little goofy but so is an upside down blowfly balancing on the edge...

Attachments

• IMG_20140714_182629.jpg
    IMG_20140714_182629.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 462
The rules say the "inner cylinder" of the basket or the chains must be entirely supporting the disc. It's out.

nope..

Hole_Outs.jpg

Only the red and white discs have holed out if declared at rest before either possibly falls down and out of the basket. The orange disc wedged in the side (if declared at rest) has only holed out if the group saw it wedge from the inside going out or didn't see which direction the wedge came from. The yellow and other two orange discs have not holed out under the new 2011 rule even if they remain at rest.

I've played that course and it's pretty fun! Those baskets are quirky, but it adds some challenge on holes where they have certain quadrants blocked out. The baskets are fun to throw at.

p.s. that is NOT in as per the picture posted above

Thanks for the replies and smart-ass comments. They are all un-sarcastically appreciated. I would have looked up the rules, but I enjoy the comments and bashings more. The picture with all the discs wins the "response of the day" award. I will be sending that poster an autographed picture of my upside blowfly.

Peace!

I agree one hundred percent with the MY LIFE scream!

If I've learned anything in life, screaming MY LIFE at any and all things you want to bend to your will 100% guarantee that it works.

Oh yeah, Lake Stevens, that course is a blast. Baskets are super interesting to play on.

Latest posts