• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] It exists!!! The Opto Pure Thread

Yeah as much as i rely on my opto pure for approach shots and drives, sometimes i throw my flex z zone on shorter approaches to prevent that blow-by from happening.

I'm starting to wonder if I need my Opto Pure or not. I've been getting cleaner releases and killer distance out of the Zero Soft and Zero Hard I have been using, with little loss of stability. Anyone else tend toward the base plastics instead?

I'm starting to wonder if I need my Opto Pure or not. I've been getting cleaner releases and killer distance out of the Zero Soft and Zero Hard I have been using, with little loss of stability. Anyone else tend toward the base plastics instead?

i tried for a bit, but i found when i hammer on the opto pure it still goes straight out to 300. the zero plastics turn quite a bit for me on a flat release.

i use an old rubbery zero now, that's about it. tried using them for drives, which is how it got to be such an awesome approach disc - and it DID work really well even with the turn - but i got an RGL spike that does the same lovely turn, now in a premium plastic.

Yeah I don't throw my putters that far. Even if I did, there aren't a ton of holes here where you have enough air space to do it.

Yeah I don't throw my putters that far. Even if I did, there aren't a ton of holes here where you have enough air space to do it.

I gotcha. Yeah, I use it quite a bit although I would never actually try it on a 300' hole. 270 and under, tops.

For shorter distances than that, hell yeah! The pure can rock it absolutely. I used my zh and zs on shorter Holes for a bit with good results. :) just felt guilty beating them up in the woods here in mn, haha. Worked real well until I found the rgl spike, which flies very similar! If you like how the zeros throw, maybe try an rgl spike in the future! Our courses can really destroy zero plastic fast. The spike gets nice and grippy and flies super neutral at those kinds of speeds.

I primarily throw my beat ZH over the Opto. But that's mostly because it's fun hyzer flipping the ZH and having it go straight. If there's a little bit of wind, or I want to be able to release flat and have the disc go straight with that little bit of fade, I still throw the Opto. That's the biggest difference is that ending fade...my ZH doesn't have it anymore.

I'm also thinking about putting a GL back in the bag for slightly more "overstable" Pure shots...haven't decided if I want to bag a 4th Pure on top of my 2 Zones. Lol

I have that exact Pure! Love mine for all upshots, except for the heavy duty stuff, then it's my esp zone. I prefer my TM2 Pure for closer touch shot, it has less glide. I've got in trouble a couple of times with the opto gliding to far past the intended spot. Great mold. My son trows a Pure ZH, which is also nice.

i have read approx the last half of this thread
i use magics inside the circle
i bought some wizards for throwing and to learn how to drive of the tee with a putter
cant really use the wizards that well, i think they are too deep, also not really big on beaded discs
i have a crystal zone i like a lot, but i dont always want the beef
now i think you guys have talked me into a opto pure
i love opto, ( GL not so much )

I just recently went back to my Opto and Zero Hard Pure's.

I was trying to use my Voodoo's for driving,but nothing compares to the flight of a Pure on drives for me. It's just easy Distance all day long. :D

0k i finally got a chance to feel up some pures today
definitely going to have to order an opto
they seem a little shallower than my magics also
they might just take over all my putter spots

I know this is an opto pure thread, but anyone have any clue where I can get a hold of some of the original zero line pures?

I know this is an opto pure thread, but anyone have any clue where I can get a hold of some of the original zero line pures?

I've got a few original zeros. The feel is superior in my opinion to the new zero. I currently am on the fence between using my old tried and true zero and the new zero hard I have. It wouldn't even be a competition but the old zeros taco easily and are really hard to find. I haven't tried the new zero soft, but maybe the soft would be a closer feel to the old zeros.

Soft have a great texture but are a lot softer than the old zeros. Think RFF Wizard where the OG Zeros were more SS/SSS, if that helps.

I too have an old zero as main putter, but only have 2 of them. New soft ones can be a bit floppy, like some supersoft, but I've seen stiffer ones around.

I have two on my trade thread:

Pure Zero 167 red 7/10 $9
Pure Zero 167 red 6/10 $7

Latest posts