• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jacquard iDye Poly -- Rit Replacement

Burnt tried the regular ipoly as stated on the first page of this tread with no luck. So yes make sure you people are getting the idye poly

Small followup on my Jacquard adventure: The shaving cream cleaned the gooish parts up. And the black looks fine. :)

And the results - the blacks came out fine. All other colour is liquid RIT, water and shaving cream:

Red Lat64 Opto Havoc - Result was a little boring and the picture does not help :)
tt_1_01.jpg

Yellow/greenish Lat64 Opto Core
tt_2_01.jpg

Yellow/green Innova Champion something (I believe)
tt_3_01.jpg

Just did a dye with my no-intensifier black batch - and it comes out just fine. So until someone exemplifies that the intensifier helps noticeably, I will recommend not using it. It just seems to make things messier.

great looking dyes bombmk. Sounds like you're right about the intensifier, I never added it because I wanted to find out what was in it. I'd had such good success without it, I never added it to any of my dye batches. Sounds like it might be a good base for mixing up dyes for painting though.

Has anyone tried the idye poly green? The few times I've tried to use it, I just get dark grey tones, so I've never let it go too long. I'm hoping it's not like RIT dark green, I'm going to try mixing yellow and blue next time I need green and I'll report back.

Question! :) Has anyone tried painting this black dye on using acetone? With the rit dye this was never possible, but I feel like it might be as this takes alot faster than rit from what I hear.

Grey/silver Lat64 River Goldline.
Pictures are bit **** from my phone.

Black and red Jacquard.

About 15 minutes in nonintensified black:
river_before_01.jpg

10 minutes in red (if lines look fluffy its the phone camera):
river_after_01.jpg

The red had intensifier in it when I mixed it - but I am pretty sure it got weeded out as it had gone to the bottom in the container - and I tried to keep it out when I poured it in the pan.

JoAnnes has it. Mine only had one color in the Poly line tho. I need to find a different JoAnnes.
i only have micheals near me:thmbdown:
Grey/silver Lat64 River Goldline.
Pictures are bit **** from my phone.

Black and red Jacquard.

About 15 minutes in nonintensified black:
river_before_01.jpg

10 minutes in red (if lines look fluffy its the phone camera):
river_after_01.jpg

The red had intensifier in it when I mixed it - but I am pretty sure it got weeded out as it had gone to the bottom in the container - and I tried to keep it out when I poured it in the pan.

so thats a silver gl disc?

bombmk, that disc looked great w/ the black and silver showing. Not that the red hurt it, just my personal opinion...
Nice work either way:thmbup:

bombmk, that disc looked great w/ the black and silver showing. Not that the red hurt it, just my personal opinion...
Nice work either way:thmbup:

Its my opinion too. :)
And I was pretty sure I would think so before I dumped it in the red. But I wanted to see what the Jaq red looked like on that color and figured it would not completely ruin it.

The red looks a bit more bronze'ish in person. Not as quite as red the picture indicates.

Last edited:

Latest posts