• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jdw80550 Bag thread

So I started a thread on my buddy's bag, where I challenged him only throwing mids, and I beat him. I threw so well that I remembered why I fell in love with the Wasp.

So I cleaned up the bag and have decided to try only throwing drivers (except the trident, because it's for spikes) only on holes that are 400'+. Anything else, we're going mid!:|

I did switch to the KC Pro Avair again because it was getting warmer out and actual putting, not approaches, were feeling better with the avair.

Control Driver
Opto Trident, 175g- OS Utility
Lucid Escape, 174g- OS Control )
Lucid Escape, 173g- Main
GL Saint, 171g- Tailwinds, turnovers

Mids
Z Comet, 173g- US
ESP Comet, 175g- Straight
X Wasp, 175g- Beat Straight with a slight fade, long bail out annies
X Wasp, 175g- Main
Ti Wasp, 174g- FH Roller Only!!! (I almost lost it throwing it, and decided agaist throwing it, instead it will roll)
TI Wasp, 177g+- Headwinds
ESP Wasp, 180g- Beefy, no HSS turn
ESP Zone, 173g- OS Utility

Putters,
Omega SS, 174g- Super Floppy, approaches
KC Pro Aviar, 172g- main putter

Been a while, so I thought I would update. Not much has really changed.

Big Bag:
Distance:
Pearly Champ Orc, 175g- OS, Headwinds
Champ Glow Orc, 175g- Control Distance
Champ Orc, 167g- Tailwind

Control:
Opto Trident, 175g- OS Utility
Lucid Escape, 177g- OS Control
Lucid Escape, 174g- Control
GL Saint, 171g- Straight and Anny's
GL Saint, 171g- Hyzer Flips and turnovers

Mids:
Z Comet, 175g- US duties
Ti Wasp, 175g- FH Roller
Z Wasp, 176g- Straight, anny's that bail out at the end
Ti Wasp, 175g- Main Wasp
ESP Wasp, 180g- OS Mid
ESP Zone, 173g- OS Utility, roller

Putters:
Omega AP Big Bead, 175g- Driving Putter
Omega SS, 175g- Approach and Anny's
KC Pro Aviar, 172g- Putts

Bronco Bag:
Drivers:
Star Eagle-X, 175g- OS
Star Eagle-X, 175g- Stable

Mids:
X Wasp, 174g- US Wasp
X Wasp, 175g- OS Wasp

Putters:
Champ Rhyno, 175g- OS Utility
Omega AP, 175g- Drives
Omega SS, 175g- Approaches and Putting

Big Bag:
Distance:
Pearly Champ Orc, 175g- OS, Headwinds
SB Orc, 175g- Control Distance

Control:
Champ Firebird, 175g- OS Utility & FH
Lucid Escape, 177g- Control
Lucid Escape, 174g- Straight, Hyzer Flips, Annys
Champ Glow Gazelle, 175g- Straight with good HSS resistance
Champ Glow Gazelle, 175g- Straight with bend

Mids:
Z Comet, 175g- US duties
Ti Wasp, 175g- FH Roller
Z Wasp, 176g- Main Driver
Ti Wasp, 177+- Hyzers and staight with hard fade
ESP Zone, 173g- OS Utility, roller

Putters:
Omega AP Big Bead, 175g- Driving Putter
Omega SS, 175g- Approach, Anny's, and Putter

Bronco Bag:
Drivers:
Star Orc, 168g- Distance Driver
Star Eagle-X, 175g- OS
Star Eagle-X, 175g- Stable

Mids:
X Wasp, 174g- US Wasp
X Wasp, 175g- OS Wasp

Putters:
Champ Rhyno, 175g- OS Utility
Omega AP, 175g- Putts

Added the Gazelles back to the bag and didn't realize how much I missed them.

The Escapes are good, but a little more touchy once they wear in, but I've been pairing them well with Orcs and Gazelles.

Added a Firebird over the Trident, just a little more versitle than the Trident. The Trident was better for spikes, but the FB is much better for FH.

Dropped the KC Aviar, because the BB Omega covers it. I think I will try the BB Super Soft and see how it compares to the regular SS.

I've kind of been playing like dog $#!% lately and think I need to stop testing plastics for the rest of the summer. :\

Distance Drivers:
Pearly Champ Orc- 175g, OS
SB Orc- 175g, Straight with fade
GL Saint- 171g, Straight with fade, but requires less power
GL Saint- 171g, US

Fairway:
Champ Firebird- 175g, OS & FH
Star Eagle X- 175g, Straight with fade
Champ Glow Gazelle- Straight to slightly US

Mids:
Z Comet- 173g, US
Z Comet- 176g, straight no fade
X Wasp- 174g, long annys
Z Wasp- 175g, main wasp
ESP Wasp- 178g, OS

Putters
Champ Glow BB Aviar- 175g, Driving Putter
KC Aviar- 175g, main driver
KC Aviar- 171g, Up shots and long putts.

Lost the BB Omegas, lost a bunch of Ti wasps as well.

Yeah, I was sad to lose them, but it was nice because I may just try and replace them with GL Maces. I like the plastic better, I just haven't seen any super heavy. :/

What type of FD are you throwing? I love my Champ Glow Gazelles, but if I can get a C-FD to fly similar lines it would sure be easier to replace if I lose it.

What type of FD are you throwing? I love my Champ Glow Gazelles, but if I can get a C-FD to fly similar lines it would sure be easier to replace if I lose it.

I throw both S-line and C-line FD's. The S-lines as they beat in fly similar to a Leopard a fair amount of high speed turn and fade back about half the distance of the turn. If I were rate it I'd call it -2/1.

I have a couple C-line FD's but they fly differently. One holds a nice straight line and the fades off gently at the end - probably the closest to the Gazelle flight. The 3rd run C-FD (bubbles in the rim) thinks its a banshee - is has no glide and fades hard. I may have an odd one though because that's not the norm.

Distance Drivers:
Pearly Champ Orc- 175g, OS
SB Orc- 175g, Straight with fade
GL Saint- 171g, Straight with fade, but requires less power
GL Saint- 171g, US

Fairway:
Champ Firebird- 175g, OS & FH
Star Eagle X- 175g, Straight with fade
Champ Glow Gazelle- Straight to slightly US

Mids:
Z Comet- 173g, US
X Wasp- 174g, long annys
Z Wasp- 175g, main wasp
ESP Wasp- 178g, OS

Putters

Lost the BB Omegas, lost a bunch of Ti wasps as well.

Looks really clean, I love a nice simple bag.

How much different do you find with SB Orc VS. Star Eagle-x and Champ Glow Gazelle VS Saint?

I might see a tiny bit over overlap there but it looks really good. This is one of the most efficient and thorough setups I've seen.

Also, are the Champ Glow BB Aviars OOP?

I throw both S-line and C-line FD's. The S-lines as they beat in fly similar to a Leopard a fair amount of high speed turn and fade back about half the distance of the turn. If I were rate it I'd call it -2/1.

I have a couple C-line FD's but they fly differently. One holds a nice straight line and the fades off gently at the end - probably the closest to the Gazelle flight. The 3rd run C-FD (bubbles in the rim) thinks its a banshee - is has no glide and fades hard. I may have an odd one though because that's not the norm.

That's good to know. Do the 3rd run bubble look like big x-out bubbles or blizzard bubbles?

Looks really clean, I love a nice simple bag.

How much different do you find with SB Orc VS. Star Eagle-x and Champ Glow Gazelle VS Saint?

I might see a tiny bit over overlap there but it looks really good. This is one of the most efficient and thorough setups I've seen.

Also, are the Champ Glow BB Aviars OOP?

Thanks for the bag compliments. It's been a long weird road to get to this point.:wall:

The Orc and Eagle are almost the same, but I can push the Orcs out farther than the Eagles. The Gazelle is like a shorter worn Eagle. It holds a really tight S curve that won't get too bendy.

The Saint is my finesse disc. I can't throw it with the power I can like the others. I use it more for long annys, tunnels that I don't want to throw hard and risk kicking hard off a tree, and long fairway drives from a stand still. The numbers make it almost the same as the Orc and Eagle, but it really doesn't fly like the others.

The Champ Glow BB Aviars are a tourney mold that they put out. For me they fly like a mini-wasp. I can put power on it without the risk of turning and burning. It doesn't glide as far as KC Pro Aviar, but it isn't as touchy and fights the wind better. I had one for about year that I loved to throw, but didn't have any backups so I shied away. I have like 4 backups now and it is my favorite disc! Plus they glow super BRIGHT!

So love makes you do things that you would normally think are crazy. That being said, I've decided to share half of my Golf Mahal with the girlfriend. She's been super excited to play, and is going to play in a tourney in a couple weeks with me.

This left me a problem through of deciding what to truly keep in the bag and still compete. This is where I ended up:

FH/Utility/Wind Discs:
SB Orc- 175g, Crazy OS, FH approaches
Champ Firebird- 175g- Main FH, Spike, and Winds

Mids:
Z Comet- 173g, US
X Wasp- 174g, long annys
Z Wasp- 175g, main wasp
ESP Wasp- 178g, OS

Putters

I thought I would post the girlfriends bag while I'm at it. Its a work in progress and must be done carefully without being the cause of anger. I've actually having her work with other people so I don't have to deal with fighting.

Drivers:
Champ Boss- 175g- because it has higher numbers and goes farther:|
Star Vulcan- 161g- Bendy-ist disc
Champ Glow Teebird- 175g- really the farthest disc
KC Pro Cheetah- 148g- really easy to throw:wall:

Mids:
Z Comet- 168g- Most used disc (yeah I gave her that one :clap:)
Ti Wasp- 175g- It's purple

Putter:
Champ Glow BB Aviar- 175g- she just likes it (I got her a matching set of pretty pink Wizards, that she doesn't use.)

Bronco Bag Project

So I got bored and wanted to create a full Broncos bag. I've done a small bag before, but now I decided to step it up. The girlfriend got her own bag, so I got my space back!!!!

I have really tried to consolidate my bag to similar throwing motions, multiple stages of wear and multiple plastics.

Drivers:
Champ FB, 175g- FH, super windy days
Star Eagle-X, 175g- Overstable distance
Star Eagle-X, 175g- Main Driver
Champ Glow Eagle- 175g- Understable shots, annys that don't turn and burn, not what I was expecting but it works (it's white)
Champ Gazelle, 175g- straight with almost no HSS and a predictable fade. Exactly what i've been wanting!:clap:
Champ Glow Gazelle, 175g- neutral disc (white)

Mids:
Z Comet, 175g- Understable
ESP Comet, 177g- Neutral
ESP Wasp, 173g- Understable Wasp, just enough fade to bail out of an anny or gentle hyzers.
X Wasp, 176g- Main Wasp, distance
ESP Wasp, 178g- Beef
Z Zone, 173g- FH approaches, rollers, wind, spikes (boo on color)

Putters:
Champ Glow BB Aviar, 175g- Driving putter (white)
KC Pro Aviar, 171g- anny's and up shots (white)
KC Pro Aviar, 175g- main putter (white)

I need to replace the Zone with a blue or orange one.

Here's my biggest problem: I'm OCD about how my disc sit in my bag. They have to go Overstable to Understable on drivers and speed based, then Understable to Overstable on Mids. I can't get the bag to match up orange, blue, and white.:wall:

I must say, I missed ZAM saying that. Thanks for the sig.

Bag related, looks great. Definitely approve of what you chose when you consolidated for the ball and chain as well:). Whatever you wanna call it (I don't think I'm truly OCD) but I comprehend the orange/blue thing...it's something you'll complete over time - seems like you did a great job so far (just looked back a dozen or more posts). For now, at least you're repping the Broncos!

Eagles fan here:|

^^^Well at least you have the best quarterback in the division:wall:

I'm not much of a signature person, but that one just made me laugh. It was too good not to use. The bag has been such a labor of love. I realized that I'm a plastic addict so this thread has been fun because I've tried to at least give each disc an honest chance, plus it's good to see where you come from.

So it's been a very productive month and I have completed my task. Bronco Bags Complete

picture.php

(in order from left to right)
  • Star Firebird, 175g- FH, Wind, Utility
  • Champ Tern, 172g- Main Distance Driver
  • Champ Tern, 166g- Tailwind and Turnover
  • GL Saint, 175g- Main Control Driver
  • GL Saint, 167g- Hyzer-Flips and Turnovers, finesse
  • Star Eagle, 175g- Main Fairway
  • Champ Gazelle, 175g- FH, straight shots, and safety blanket
  • Proline Breaker, 175g- Beef
  • ESP Wasp, 178g- Hyzers and Winds
  • Z Wasp, 176g- FH Rollers, Shots where I don't know what to throw
  • X Wasp, 176g- Annys, straight with slight fade, and hyzer-flips that don't flip-flip
  • ESP Comet, 177g- Straight
  • Z Comet, 175g- Hyzer-flips, turnovers, finesse
  • Omega SS, 175g,- Understable duties
  • KC Aviar, 174g- Drives and putting

More to come after lunch...(that's what he said)

Discs in the bag!
picture.php

Small Bag or Water Rounds
picture.php

• ESP Crank, 171g- Max D
  • GL Saint, 172g- Straight to anny disc
  • Champ Glow Eagle-X, 175g- Main Driver
  • ESP Comet, 176g- US Duties
  • ESP Wasp, 175g- OS Duties
  • XD, 171g- Crazy US shots
  • KC Aviar, 170g- Putting

Yes, I know that I didn't need to post pictures, but I'm just so proud of myself!:p Plus the Broncos are kickin' @$$ this year!

Last edited:
So adding to everything, I like to use the little bag as my tester bag. I know that I will buy and try new discs, so I need a way to limit that and not screw up my main bag too much.

I would like to keep discs that are similar but maybe slightly different. Hence the Crank, instead of the Tern. What would be something fun to try instead of the Saint, Eagle, Comet, and Wasp.

I'm trying the XD and it's a crazy disc to play with. Super hyzer-flips to turnovers. Crazy fun lines. This your chance to make me your guinee pig.

A Neutron Volt! You could get an orange one to compare to the Saint.
Then an Orange Proton Volt to compare to the Eagle X. I'm totally not biased. In any way. Whatsoever

Dude your main bag is pretty similar to mine. Stability,Speed and Disc wise. Just a few differences but not a lot.

I like it when two heads think alike. :thmbup:

I like the Broncos theme,that's pretty cool.

My bag is just Pink,Red,Orange and Yellow. Not really a theme just colors that are hard to lose lol.

So it's been just about month, and I have lost several discs, but found some very promising replacements. :thmbup:

Switch to the Magnet again and the results are very impressive. I'm putting significantly better.

Distance Drivers:
-ESP Crank, 171g- Max Distance shots (I like the Tern better, but after losing 3 in a week, I guess it just wasn't meant to be)
-Opto Striker, 176g- Straight with easy finish
-GL Striker, 174g- Big Sweeping Hyzers (Really liking this for FH, but I think the Pro Saint will do the same)
-Really don't need the Striker with other control drivers, but it adds a little distance

Control Drivers
-Star Firebird, 175g- Utility and FH
-Moonshine Escape, 175g- Main Driver
-Saint Pro, 175g- Workable Overstable, most winds, tight lines with fade
-GL Saint, 173g- Understable, hyzer-flips, straight shots
-Champ Gazelle, 175g- Line shaper, tweener shots, what I throw when I don't know what to throw

Mids
-ESP Comet, 175g- Understable, flippy
-ESP Comet, 177g- Straight
-X Wasp, 175g- Throws like the above ESP, but will pull out of an anny
-Z Wasp, 175g- Main Wasp
-ESP Wasp, 178g- Beefy Wasp
-Proline Breaker, 175g- FH Approach and Spikes

Putters
-Pro-D Magnet, 176g- Main Putter
-Pro-D Magnet, 160g- Approaches, long putts, and floating approaches

Specialty
-DX Condor, 189g- Warm up
-Pro-D Magnet, 17?g- beat to crap, just flips, but I can throw it on a super high hyzer and let if flip and roll over

As always thought are not only appreciated, but welcomed.

Last edited:

Latest posts