• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jdw80550 Bag thread

This is something you mentioned but figured I would point it out.

It seems like you have Gazelle -> Saint -> Escape -> Saint Pro -> Striker -> Firebird

Seems a little muddled for 7-9. I would think you could drop the Saint or the Gazelle in honor of the Comet or something faster.

Any way you could get by with Gazelle -> Escape -> Saint Pro -> Firebird, and then add an 11/12 to replace the Striker? Maybe a Trespass or something like that?

Just some thoughts! Looks great though!

Yeah that's been the issue I'm struggling with. Really don't need the Strikers, plus I like the Saint-Escape-Saint Pro line-up better, but man I really need to quit spending money on discs.

I've gone back and forth with the idea of doubling up and having two Saints-two Escapes-two Saint Pro, because honestly there isn't a whole lot of distance change between those and the Striker.

I like the Crank. Which do think would compliment the Crank better, the Trespass or Renegade? Looking for one that would have a little more added stability than the Crank does.

The Trespass will treat you well. Lucid trespasses have a little less HSS but the Fuzion Trespasses have plenty of HSS.

I use them for FH shots between 350-400 and they are amazing. I'd highly recommend one. The Renegade is not HSS at all, so if you are looking for stable to overstable control driver, stay away from the Renegade!

To tampabay:

I regards to your suggestion of a Trespass to compliment my Crank.

Word Up! Love it. Throwing some fantastic lines with it, and the rim size is exactly right for me in regards to a max D disc.

Thank you sir!

You get 1,000,000 disc golf karma points.

Distance Drivers:
  • Fusion Trespass, 171g- Wind Distance
  • Lucid Trespass, 172g- Main Distance Driver
  • ESP Crank, 168g- Tailwinds and Max Distance

Control Drivers:
  • Star Firebird, 175g- Headwinds, FH, Spikes
  • Pro Saint, 175g- Straight with solid fade
  • Lucid Escape, 175g- Straight with slight fade
  • GL Saint, 172g- Turnover

Fairway:
  • Champ Gazelle, 175g- Woobie

Mids:
  • ESP Meteor, 172g- Powered down for driving putter
  • Z Comet, 175g- Flip machine
  • ESP Comet, 177g- Straight
  • X Wasp, 175g- Distance Wasp
  • Z Wasp, 177g- straight with decent fade, rollers
  • ESP Wasp, 180g- Beef
  • Opto Pure, 177g- Not Sure :\
  • Proline Breaker, 173g- Overstable putting, FH, drop approaches

Putters:
  • Pro-D Magnet, 175g- Main Putter
  • Pro-D Magnet, 160g- Approaches and long putts.

Super happy with the Mids, Control Drivers, and Putters. The Distance Drivers are good, but I just need more time with them. The Pure I'm still iffy on. Not as straight as I was thinking, and wasn't able to handle as much power as I thought. I like the Meteor powered down, so I may just ditch the Pure.

So... I went to Texas to visit family over Thanksgiving, and what do you know got to visit Disc Golf Nation and Dynamic Discs. Nice way to pick up some discs that I wouldn't have to order online or pay shipping for. :thmbup: So I simplified my bag, sort of.

Big Bag
Max D
172g, ESP Crank- Stable Max D
167g, Lucid Tresspass- Understable Max D

Control
170g, ESP Predator- Flicks, more stable than the Saint Pro, but not as vesitale
174g, Moonshine Saint Pro- Overstable
173g, Opto Saint Pro- Straight with fade
171g, GL Saint- Straight powered down (kind of floaty) turnover at full power

Fairway
175g, Champ Gazelle- Woobie

Mids
165g, X Comet- Hyzer-Flips to hyzer-flip turnover
175g, ESP Comet- Straight to slight turn
178g, ESP Comet-Straight to slight fade
175g, X Wasp- Max distance
176g, Z Wasp- Main Wasp
178g, Ti Wasp- OS Wasp

Putters
175g, Baseline Tank- FH Approaches and gummy enough to stick to the ground
174g, Icon Clutch- Driving Putter
175g, Pro-D Magnet- Main Putter

Little Bag
Max D
173g, Fusion Tresspass

Control
175g, Champ Firebird
174g, Moonshine Escape
173g, Lucid Escape

Mids
176g, ESP Comet
176g, ESP Wasp

Putters
172g, ESP Zone
174g, Pro-D Magnet

Max D drivers will probably be in flux, since they are not my bread and butter. I am happy with the almost everything else. I have high hopes for the tank based on the feel of the plastic, but since it's like 10 degrees out, probably won't find out for a couple of weeks.

So, I haven't been playing nearly as much as I have in the past, due to girlfriend and snowboarding. (I know, I'm hearing the pity sighs in the background) Despite these and the crazy Colorado weather, I have tightened up my core….bag that is, but thanks for the great abs comments.

Big Bag

Max D
175g, ESP Crank- Healthy fade, S Curves
171g, ESP Crank- Straight to tailwind

Control
173g, FLX Predator- Straight with hard fade, but more workable than the Firebird
175g, Opto Saint Pro- very little turn, and solid forward fade
174g, Lucid Escape- Main Driver
171g, GL Saint- US and flips

Fairway
175g, Champ Gazelle- It's not a woobie, it's a freakin' security blanket (ok, not helping my case, but it is money)

Mid
177g, ESP Comet- Main Comet
177g, Glow Comet- OS Comet, won't drift too far
175g, X Wasp- Distance Wasp
175g, ESP Wasp- Main Wasp
177g, Z Wasp- OS, wind, hyzers

Putters
174g, Tank- OS, FH, stick shots
174g, Icon Clutch- Main putter for the winter (Pro-D Magnets are too hard)

Small Bag

Drivers
175g, Star Firebird- OS
175g, Opto Saint Pro- Slightly OS
168g, GL Saint- US

Mids
175g, X Wasp- Beat (cycles between comets)
177g, ESP Wasp- MAJOR Beefcake, just like me

Putters
173g, Tank- OS, FH, stick shots
175g, Soft Pro-D Magnet- trying to like it, but I don't.:wall:

The trespasses while fun, were just not as great as the Cranks. I did not expect to like the Crank, but it has really come along. Can't wait to get a Z too.

I don't throw the Saint Pro as often as I would like, but I know that if I took it out, I would miss it immediately. It has a that nice tight line with a good fade, that maybe some of the other Preds have but I don't have the time to beat one in to that point.

Mids are the same, just playing with different weights and plastics.

Love the TANK! Greatest upshot disc I have ever played with. The plastic is so grippy that it just sticks to the ground. I can really run something from 150-100' out and know that even if I'm not right on it, I'll have an easy putt!

Don't like the feel of the Soft Magnet, but like the Icon Clutch softness for the winter. That's all I have to say about that….

Well, that does it. Let me know thoughts or suggestions, hell let me know a fun disc to throw and I'll give it a go sometime. I mean it's not like I've never done that before.;)

So time for the monthly update....

Have some pretty serious changes right off the bat, and I'd like to give my reasoning. I have basically switched over to an all Discraft/DGA bag for two reasons.

One, I have been using the Wasp and Comet for so long that I simply have too many to really convert to something new, and since that is half of my bag I figured why not. Two, I have received a shipment of Discraft, so I have lot of there plastic at my disposal, and I'm practical.

Max D
  • ESP Crank, 175g- Overstable of the three, S Curves, freshy
  • Z Crank, 171g- Hyzers, straight with fade
  • ESP Crank, 171g- Tailwind, turnovers

Control/Fairway
  • ESP FLX Pred, 175g- Beef, wind fighter, super tight hyzers, spikes
  • SP Tsunami, 170g- straight with solid fade, good hyzers
  • SP Undertow, 175g- Straight, hyzer flip fade, and turnovers
  • Champ Gazelle, 175g- did you really think this would go away

Mids
  • Glow Z Comet, 173g- Hyzer-flips, turnovers
  • Z Buzzz SS, 175g- Straight and annys
  • X Wasp, 175g- Distance
  • ESP Wasp, 175g- Main Wasp
  • Z Wasp, 177+g- Wind, hard hyzers

Putters
  • Tank, 175g- Approaches >60' and drives
  • Icon Clutch, 175g- approaches <60', short annys
  • Pro-D Magnet, 175g- Main Putter

If push comes to shove, I could always drop the Gazelle for the Cyclone, but no need now.

Really liking the Undertow and the Tsunami, but I'm looking for a disc that fills the gap between the two well.

As always, thanks for your participation.:hfive:

Well I'd like to start off with, I have been playing really well lately....And scoring $#!tty.

I have been throwing clean lines, but my putting has be off. I've been hitting chains and metal but can't get it to fall.

Any help to get out of this funk would be appreciated.

On to the bag:

Distance Drivers
(These I have been throwing very well)
Z Crank, 173g- Overstable of the Cranks, but not a true wind fighter
Big Stamp Z Crank, 172- Main Crank- Less Stable than the standard Z, which means no break-in period!
ESP Crank, 171g- Understable tailwind

Control Drivers
(Getting use to not having a true Fairway selection, I'm not used to powering down)
SP Tsunami, 175g- Beef- Wind, hard hyzers, skips
FLX Predator, 172g- Less Beef- Hard Hyzers, FH
Proline Tsunami, 172g- Main Driver- Like a longer Eagle-X now that it's beat some.
SP Undertow, 173g- Staight to understable, hyzerflips

Mids:
(Mids are my money makers, although I don't make any money with them)
Cryztal Comet, 177g- Flips, powered down shots
Z Buzzz, 177g- Straight with slight fade, annys. Stupid Buzzz...I like it. :| (I have so many wasps...)
ESP Wasp, 175- Main Mid
ESP Wasp, 181g- Wind Wasp

Putters:
(Putting has been terrible, but upshots have gotten better. I switched back to the Omegas because my upshots were a little scattered with the magents, and the wind was killing me)
Omega SS, 174g- Beat- Upshots or stick shots
Omega AP, 175g- Main Putter
Tank, 175g- Driving Putter

I really like putting with Magents, but I'm either on or off with them, and I need something a little more consistent.

I am really mad at the Buzzz, because it is filling roles that my beat up Wasp were filling. This is a problem because a) I have a lot of Wasps b) I'm not scared to lose a Wasp, so I have been running more things (4 almost aces in the last two weeks:thmbup: ) c) they're easy to replace.

I'm trying to use just the Control Drivers as my control/fairway drivers and it's been working out pretty well. The only issues I have been running into are powering them down. That was part of the reason that I went away from the Trilogy stuff, because I'm not great at figuring out 80% vs. 60%, but it's coming along.

I have been playing lots of doubles with my girlfriend, which has been very fun, but I think it's hurting "my" game.

PS- Look, No Woobie!

Just a few updates:

Distance Drivers
Z Crank, 173g- Overstable of the Cranks, but not a true wind fighter (Main Crank)
ESP Crank, 171g- Understable
Big Stamp Z Crank, 172- Very understable after a big tree hit

Control Drivers
SP Tsunami, 175g- Beef- Wind, hard hyzers, skips
Neutron Shock, 175g- Straight with good fade
Neutron Shock, 173g- Straight with slight fade (main)
SP Undertow, 172g- Flippy (not sure if this one is a fluke, but understable duties)

Mids:
Z BuzzzSS, 177g- Straight, slow annys (more forgiving than the comets :( )
Z Buzzz, 177g- Straight with slight fade, annys.
ESP Wasp, 175- Main Mid

Putters:
SSS Wizard, 174g- Main Putter
SS Wizard, 175g- Driving putter and upshots

-Not sure how I feel about the Big Z plastic for the Crank, much flippier than I expected. The Regular Z is much tougher.

-I've been loving the Shocks, they are surprisingly far and hold nice tight lines.

-BuzzzSS has been much more enjoyable to throw than the comet. I don't have the same amazing lazer line shots I had with the comet, but lets face it, that only happend once every 5 throws anyway. The BuzzzSS gives me a little more room for error, which I need!

-I've been a wizard hater for a while, and I guess this is what I get for sterotyping. Damn I'm putting better. Much better. Consistently hitting everything 20 and in, and 40-50 about once a round. Never have I made anything from that distance this frequently.

So normally I wait about month before adding to this, but I have to say, HOLY $#!%. The Wizards have been amazing! I have shot my best rounds lately and it's all because of the putting. I am super excited. I haven't putted this well in about 2 years.

If you read this and I ever say that I'm going to switch putters, kick me in the balls.

Distance Drivers
Z Crank, 173g- Overstable of the Cranks, but not a true wind fighter (Main Crank)
ESP Crank, 171g- Understable
Big Stamp Z Crank, 172- Very understable after a big tree hit

Control Drivers
Star Firebird, 175g- Beef- Wind, hard hyzers, skips (Lost the Tsunami)
Neutron Shock, 175g- Straight with good fade
Neutron Shock, 173g- Straight with slight fade (main)
SP Undertow, 172g- Flippy (not sure if this one is a fluke, but understable duties)

Mids:
Cryztal Comet, 176g- Short annys, shots that need height, guarantee hyzer-flips
Neutron Tangent, 177g- Straight, slow annys (more forgiving than the comets :( )
Z Buzzz, 177g- Straight with slight fade, annys.
ESP Wasp, 175- Main Mid

Putters:
SSS Wizard, 174g- Main Putter
Eraser Wizard, 175g- Driving putter and upshots

So it's been a while, and I need to update the bag. I have made a few changes more for sake of simplicity than anything else.

Distance Drivers (Throwing less and less)
Proline Hurricane, 173g- OS, big hyzers, S-Curves that dump
Z Crank, 172g- Main, long hyzers, elongated S-Curves
Z Crank Big Z, 172g- US, hyzer-flips, turnovers

Control Driver (Bread and Butter)
Proline Tsunami, 175g- OS but workable
Proline Tsunami, 167g- some turn, but solid fade, S-Curves and straight to hard fade
SP Undertow, 175g- Main Driver, Straight
SP Undertow, 172g- slightly flippy, Annys
Proline Undertow, 165g- Turnovers, tailwinds

Mids (Always my favorites to throw)
ESP Comet, 177g-US, just love it too damn much
Z Buzzz, 177g- Straight, anny, sweeping hyzers
Z Buzzz, 177g- Back up
ESP Wasp, 178g- S Curves, tight hyzers
Z Drone, 175g- OS, FH approaches, spikes

Putters (This has improved significantly)
Proline Titanic, 176g- Driving Putter, straight shots
SS Wizard, 174g- Hyzers drives, approaches
SS Wizard, 174g- Putter

Played in several tourneys since the last post, and played solid. Never had a hot round, but never blew up either. In fact shot my highest round ever in back to back tourneys. It's been all about the putting. My drives have been OK, but I haven't missed any 10' in last two tourneys. In comparison, tournament in March, missed about 20 of them!:doh:

Too Many Discs & Bags- And Not Enough Time

So here's the monthly update. I've been playing much much better with my core bag (Bronco Bag). However, I have so many freaking discs that I decided to set up several bags, just for $#!%s and giggles.

BRONCO BAG (Yes, they alternate blue and orange)
Drivers
Proline Tsunami, 175g- Hyzers, S-Curves, Winds
Proline Tsunami, 166g- Straight with fade, Bailout Annys
SP Undertow, 175g- Straight
SP Undertow, 172g- Slight Turnovers, Annys to the ground

Mids
Z Comet, 175g- Turnovers, Hyzer-flips, long approaches
ESP Comet, 177g- Long hyzers, straight to slight turnover
ESP Wasp, 178g- Straight with Fade
Z Wasp, 177g- Hyzers
Ti Drone, 177g- FH, Headwind, Spikes

Putters
SS Wizard, 175g- Putter
Proline Titanic, 175g- Driving Putter

(This bag also has Proline Hurricane, Big Z Crank, and Z Crank for long courses)

The White Bag (yes, they are all white)
Proline Hurricane, 175g
Proline Tsunami, 175g x2
Proline Undertow, 173g x2
Proline Aftershock, 175g x2
Glow Wasp, 177g
Z Drone, 177g
Fusion Suspect, 172g
Omega SS, 175g
McPro Aviar, 175g

The Rainbow Bag
Z Predator, 175g- Red
Opto Saint Pro, 175g- Orange
Fusion Escape, 173g- Yellow
Fusion Escape, 173g- Green
GL River, 173g- Blue
Proline Squall, 175g- Indigo-ish
Z Buzzz, 177g x2 Violet & Red
Z Drone, 175g- Orange
SS Wizard, 175g- Black

Nothing has really changed except I have really fallen in love with the Tsunami. I guess I understand why people love Teebirds. Lots of HSS with a fade that beats into super workable.

I haven't been throwing the Crank lately, just because I can get the Tsunami and Untertows out almost as far. I still throw it in the bag when I have some bomber courses, but I haven't really missed it.

I have been play and putting very consistent lately. FH has improved to the point where I'm not scared to throw it anymore either! Had one bad tourney round, but that was mental issues, not disc issues.

I really like the bag except I still struggle at times to find the right release and/or power on the Undertows. I seem to get into a good groove with them, then bamm it's gone. Not sure if it's just a finicky mold or my form. Thoughts and/or disc selection help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Drivers
  • Proline Hurricane, 175g- Utility, Headwinds, Spikes
  • Proline Tsunami, 175g- Freshy
  • Proline Tsunami, 172g- Main Driver
  • SP Undertow, 175g- Straight
  • SP Undertow, 172g- Turnovers

Mids
  • Z Comet, 176g- Standstills, Approaches, Finess
  • ESP Comet, 177g- Straight, turnovers, slow hyzers
  • ESP Wasp, 178g- Main Mid, Straight with slight fade
  • Z Wasp, 178g- Fresh OS Wasp
  • Ti Drone, 179g- Utility, Spike, FH approaches

Putters
  • SS Wizard, 175g- Main Putter
  • SS Wizard, 175g- Drives, Approaches, Anny Putts

Drivers
  • Proline Hurricane, 175g- Utility, Headwinds, Spikes
  • SP Undertow, 172g- Turnovers

Mids
  • Z Comet, 176g- Standstills, Approaches, Finess
  • ESP Comet, 177g- Straight, turnovers, slow hyzers
  • ESP Wasp, 178g- Main Mid, Straight with slight fade
  • Z Wasp, 178g- Fresh OS Wasp

Putters

So this is still my main bag, but I've been messing around with a Lat64 bag that follows a similar lineup. So far so good, just feel like I need to add a Fuse and something similar to the Drone/Zone type of disc.

Drivers
  • GL Villian, 175g- OS Driver, Wind, Spikes
  • Opto Saint Pro, 175g- Tsunami-ish
  • Opto Saint Pro, 175g- Tsunami-ish
  • Opto River, 170g- Undertow-ish

Mids
  • RGL Mace, 175g- Straight with slight forward fade
  • Opto Mace, 177g- Main Mid
  • Opto Mace, 178g- OS duties

Putters
  • SS Wizard, 175g- Putter
  • SS Wizard, 174g- Drives and approaches

Drivers
  • Lucid Enforcer, 175g- Headwinds, Beef
  • Champ Gazelle, 175g- Woobie time

Mids
  • Fusion Truth, 175g- Annys and finesse shots
  • Fusion Truth, 180g- Straight lines
  • Z Wasp, 178g- Main Mid

Putters

Added the Gazelle back because it is just so reliable and compliments the Wasp well.

Been throwing the truths and while they are not magical Comets, they are definitely more forgiving and functional on an all around basis. If I'm up in the mountains I'll throw the comet, but lower land is slightly touchy. Still not completely sold, but the truths are proving to be better than I had anticipated.

The enforcer is better disc for the purpose I use it for than the Hurricane was. Better distance potential with the Hurricane, but more consistent with the enforcer.

Bag 1
  • Lucid Enforcer, 175g- Headwinds, Beef
  • Champ Gazelle, 175g- Woobie time

Mids
  • Fusion Truth, 175g- Annys and finesse shots
  • Fusion Truth, 180g- Straight lines
  • Z Wasp, 178g- Main Mid

Putters

Bag 2
Drivers
  • Lucid Enforcer, 173g- OS Disc
  • VIP Sword, 173g- Main Driver
  • VIP Sword, 172g- Backup
  • Lucid Escape, 176g-Slightly OS
  • Lucid Escape, 173g- Straight and anny

Mids
  • Lucid Air Truth, 155g- Flip disc
  • Opto Claymore, 178g- Straight
  • Lucid Verdict, 170g- straight with fade
  • Lucid Verdict, 175g- straight with hard fade

Putters
  • Lucid Judge, 175g- Drives

Got a bunch of Trilogy stuff in and decided to try it out.

Loving the Sword the second time around with it. Finally have form that fits with this disc.

The Verdict is a sweet disc, but not amazing.

The Claymore has really surprised me. It's very responsive and not overly understable or overstable. Still like the feel of the truth better though.