• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Lat 64 Pure

Pures are the best headwind throwers, but they will handle a mild headwind. I've thrown them successfully in up to 15mph winds.

Wow, definitely going to pick up a celebration edition. That's exactly the kind of stuff that makes me love Latitude. Way to go Weston, keep it up Lat!

A question for those of you who drive with the Pure:

Are you mostly throwing it on a hyzer and getting it to flip to flat? The reason I ask is that my RGL Pure has been turning over real easily lately when thrown flat. I know it could certainly be my form, as I think I have developed a little bit of a wrist roll, but I am curious how others are throwing Pures off the tee so I can try and fix myself. Thanks in advance.

I try to release my Optos flat. They are as neutral as can be. I'm also not a big distance thrower though.

I try to release my Optos flat. They are as neutral as can be. I'm also not a big distance thrower though.

Neither am I! Which is why I think this is a form flaw. Do you have RGLs and Opto? If so, is Opto more stable? I had one a while back but let it go...need to snag another.

I have RGLs as well. Their dome is not only uncomfortable (to me), but they have more beef than the Optos. I didn't throw mine much as a result. Opto is definitely my favorite and closer in flight to my TM2s (when new) than my RGLs. I max out around 250' but usually am around 225' if that helps.

makes me wish i had picked up a RGL at GGGT yesterday instead.

for what it's worth, all my optos have flown perfectly straight; when new there is a little bit of fade for me. i can probably only put them out to 300 max (not very controlled) and 250 225-250 consistently so your mileage may vary.

i wish they felt the same as zeroline in terms of rim depth and flatness, etc. : / feels more like a traditional putter in hand, i hate hate hate driving with those types of discs. screws with my release.

Last edited:
A question for those of you who drive with the Pure:

Are you mostly throwing it on a hyzer and getting it to flip to flat? The reason I ask is that my RGL Pure has been turning over real easily lately when thrown flat. I know it could certainly be my form, as I think I have developed a little bit of a wrist roll, but I am curious how others are throwing Pures off the tee so I can try and fix myself. Thanks in advance.

Both of my optos I used for driving (when new) could be released flat and would be neutral the entire flight (280-300). Once they started to get used I would have to increase the amount of hyzer put on them. If released flat they would anny gently all the way to the ground. Its for this reason I picked up a fuzion judge. Slightly OS to start with, hopefully it will beat into that neutral flight that the opto pure had. Then I can keep the opto pure in the bag for anny approaches or drives as needed.

I have RGLs as well. Their dome is not only uncomfortable (to me), but they have more beef than the Optos. I didn't throw mine much as a result. Opto is definitely my favorite and closer in flight to my TM2s (when new) than my RGLs. I max out around 250' but usually am around 225' if that helps.

That's about where I can get to with a putter if I really want to, but since the Pure is getting squirrelly for me/I am making it squirrelly, I don't feel as good putting it out there. Might need to head to the field and clean some things up.

Both of my optos I used for driving (when new) could be released flat and would be neutral the entire flight (280-300). Once they started to get used I would have to increase the amount of hyzer put on them. If released flat they would anny gently all the way to the ground. Its for this reason I picked up a fuzion judge. Slightly OS to start with, hopefully it will beat into that neutral flight that the opto pure had. Then I can keep the opto pure in the bag for anny approaches or drives as needed.

Thanks for the feedback. Without adding another putter mold to the mix, I just need to play with the release angles some more. Appreciate all the feedback guys!

I got a Black Zero line Pure and love it. It is just like the Judge, only with no bead. I prefer no bead. I love the glidey, straight to slight anhyzer approach lines I can get with this Disc. The soft plastic tends to land and stick well too.

Putting with it nicely as well, but I'm not sure I will make it my inside the circle putter yet. Two things would keep me from doing that, but they are just things I heard in Disc Golf videos.

One is that it is glidey. I've heard pros say that glidey is bad for putting inside the circle. However, I've been using Ions for a long time now, so I'm already breaking that rule. What is the thinking here? Glidey discs have less touch? Or they spit out more?

The other is more about the plastic I chose. I think it was Feldberg that had the advice to approach with soft plastic and putt at the chains with hard plastic. So I could get the Opto Pure for a harder disc. Should I just get an Opto anyway? A lot of people seem to prefer it.

Also, when I do power up and put a lot of snap on the Pure or Judge, they flip for me. I prefer not to play with hyzer angles to adjust for that. So I just limit the range I use it, and use Mids farther out, or I have a Breaker putter that I drive with full power, does not flip hard, and reliably fades. Any reason why you would prefer to use the Pure for these situation?

I can toss an Opto Pure 280ish regularly, rarely while playing though, but even doing that they are remarkably stable/neutralish. They don't really flip and turn for me.

Now while actually playing I much prefer to throw Mids that distance, or even fairways if it's uphill.

Right? I think they have only been softs and last about 3 seconds.

I ordered mine on Disc Nation, and it is Soft.

And I just looked again, and they are not available in Black anymore.

Black also happens to be my last name, so I thought it would be cool to have a Black disc...or was it because Satan whispered in my ear...

Last edited:
Opto Pure on an approach shot about 150' or so is a standstill flat backhand. Laser shot to the basket with minimin fade if any (usually thrown low enough that it hits under the basket before it has a chance to fade).

From the tee I'd probably need a little hyzer angle or air to make it out further. But truthfully, if it is 200-250 I'm probably throwing my Buzzz off the tee.

My local store had an Opto Pure so I figured I was fated to get one. Really liking my Soft Black Zero Line Pure on approaches today - getting up and down nicely with it. Sticks nicely to the ground. Pure goodness.

Latest posts