• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 Saint

The River is one of the most weight related to stability variant discs i have thrown. Just a few grams difference on a rivers makes a world of difference for turn and fade.

I have 178g (max weight) Rivers that fly more like eagles. I have 172g rivers that fly more like QJLSs. I have 168g Rivers that fly more like leopards. And i have 164g rivers that fly like nothing else out there, and that is why most people prefer that lighter weight range.

I prefer GL's

Dangit. I was checking out what people had to say about the Saint and you just made me go check on lightweight Rivers. Always used my heavy Opto more like an Eagle and thought it was just my weaker arm/weird grip. The online shop had a 162 in my preferred color for Rivers so I had to snag it, even though I have 3 new discs coming in the mail today from the same shop. Glad they didn't have one in the high 160s in the right color.

Gold or Opto

After skimming a ton of threads about the Saint, I'm ready to take the plunge.

(For arm strength reference, I throw a 169 Archon around 350' on average 375 or more on a good throw. Not exactly a noodle arm, but nowhere near being a power guy either.)

What I'm wondering is should I pick one of these up in Gold Line or Opto Plastic. I'm eyeing a 174 Opto and a 173 Gold Line. I really want this disc to be a fairly straight throwing, low and long gliding driver for shots with a ceiling. Also I want to be able to throw similar shots, sans ceiling. Long and straight! I have been using an OLD broken in Champ Orc with a flat (think "hot car deformed flat") top for these shots, but the Orc is just not giving me enough glide to keep me from checking out new plastic...

EDIT: I feel like I should add that I'm also not looking to try and hyzer flip a more understable version of this disc. I'd rather throw a nice, hard flat release and let the disc work it's natural line. Preferably a fairly tight helix, or a straight line with a touch of fade at the end.

Any recommendations on weight or plastic? Do I have the wrong idea about this disc? :confused:

Last edited:

(For arm strength reference, I throw a 169 Archon around 350' on average 375 or more on a good throw. Not exactly a noodle arm, but nowhere near being a power guy either.)

What I'm wondering is should I pick one of these up in Gold Line or Opto Plastic. I'm eyeing a 174 Opto and a 173 Gold Line. I really want this disc to be a fairly straight throwing, low and long gliding driver for shots with a ceiling. Also I want to be able to throw similar shots, sans ceiling. Long and straight! I have been using an OLD broken in Champ Orc with a flat (think "hot car deformed flat") top for these shots, but the Orc is just not giving me enough glide to keep me from checking out new plastic...

EDIT: I feel like I should add that I'm also not looking to try and hyzer flip a more understable version of this disc. I'd rather throw a nice, hard flat release and let the disc work it's natural line. Preferably a fairly tight helix, or a straight line with a touch of fade at the end.

Any recommendations on weight or plastic? Do I have the wrong idea about this disc? :confused:

Heavy GL and Opto are pretty OS for me at 300 ftish arm speed. I like the lighter broken in GL and the Lighter Sparkle Opto. I would bet a normal Opto or GL would be pretty much what you are looking for in a heavy weight.

I have a 175g goldline Saint and it is not even close to overstable. It's actually the easiest disc for me to flip over. My buddy has an opto and goldline and they are both the same, easy to flip. He always saya that he seems to have a bit more control with the goldline though.

If you are looking for something to replace your Orc go for a Riot.

You want an opto saint for sure, mid weights (168-172 or so). A GL would be good to start, but will get beat in fairly quick and will then need to be hyzer-flipped to get it to go straight. I have a sparkle opto saint that flies exactly how you described that you want. I carry three saints, a bubblegum opaque pink for huge s shots (max d, hate wide rimmed drivers), a sparkle opto for shots like you described, and a max weight sparkle opto that has close to a teebird flight, but not quite as much fade and needs a little more height to ride than the lighter sparkle opto. Hope this helps. I would give you my distance info that I throw, but im working on cleaning up form and release/hit point so it would be WAY off.

I've been using Saints for a few months now. I currently use 2 white GL and 1 pink Opto all around 172 grams. I also have 1 recycled blue one and had a couple different recycled one. My observations so far.

My Opto is beating in fairly quickly. I throw the GL ones by far the most, one in particular, and they aren't beating in at all. I was hoping one would get flippy but it just isn't happening. I love the disc though. For my power (380ish') they are perfect. The dome height seems to be the most important factor to stability (this may be PLH, haven't checked). The flatter ones I have had were far easier to flip a bit. The domey ones were very stable to overstable.

I have a 175g goldline Saint and it is not even close to overstable. It's actually the easiest disc for me to flip over. My buddy has an opto and goldline and they are both the same, easy to flip. He always saya that he seems to have a bit more control with the goldline though.
Me too. I have a 175g GL Saint and even though it says "overstable control driver" on it, this disc is not very overstable at all. I would say it might be a touch overstable, just to give the disc some credit. It is still a great disc, though, and glides for days.

In my last round I actually had my first drive where I overshot the basket with this disc on hole 2 at Hoover. I threw it out to the right a bit expecting it to come back and it finally did with just a small/moderate fade. I was quite pleased with this throw and I continued to make a few other longer-than-usual-for-me drives so I was feeling pretty good.

in my experience with Saints, very rarely do they take a straight line. They love to move right to left and left to right (RHFH).

Occasionally on a good hyzer flip the Saint will hold a straight line. Otherwise it likes to wiggle. .. now if you give enough room and time to do its thing, you'll be amazed.

I got my GL Saint perfectly seasoned...thrown with about 30 degrees of hyzer, will pop up to flat quickly then glide out on a perfectly straight line with no left to right. And my fresh 175g opto saint just goes straight on a flat throw with a little forward fade at the end. But there was definitely that break in time for my gl saint by which you needed to let it do its right to left thing to get a good flight out of it. Absolutely loving the saint right now

Got my 169 Opto Saint last night thanks to the Marketplace here on DGR. I've got about 20 throws with it so far and I love it.

I can already throw this thing almost as far as my longest drives (350). Thrown flat it gets up to speed and at about 250 the glide kicks it and it forward fades to the left another 50-75 feet. If I really give it some power I can get it to turnover but it will come back for a nice S curve shot and hella distance.

If I keep my form really clean I can get it to go dead straight on a 6 foot high line but I sacrifice about 50-75 foot of distance. I'm really going to enjoy this disc.

Im a disc junkie,I try most new molds, but god, I love my GL Saint. Keeps its place as go to driver on most holes at my local course. Medium power, low flat rip, I can get it to ride a line with minimal turn, around 270, soft fade, very forward skip and park a tight window at 310. More power, little more turn, etc. I can make this do so many lines. I'd be lost without it. If u havent tried it, its a must.

I DID IT!

After all the words of encouragement, I bought a Pearly White Goldline 175g Saint! Played two rounds of it today, and it was an absolute dream. I've never brought a new disc out to a course and immediately synced up with it like I did with the Saint today. I was averaging 330' with beautiful skips all day.

Give it a touch of hyzer, it would flip up to flat and ride a straight rope with some healthy forward fade at the end.

Flat and it flys a smooth and tighttttttt helix with the softest bit of predictable fade on the finish.

Anhyzer it with enough power and I could get it to turn right for the majority of the flight before gliding to a gentle fading finish.

I literally skipped around like a little girl after a few of my shots. What a gorgeous disc.

THANKS SO MUCH, EVERYONE!

After all the words of encouragement, I bought a Pearly White Goldline 175g Saint! Played two rounds of it today, and it was an absolute dream. I've never brought a new disc out to a course and immediately synced up with it like I did with the Saint today. I was averaging 330' with beautiful skips all day.

Give it a touch of hyzer, it would flip up to flat and ride a straight rope with some healthy forward fade at the end.

Flat and it flys a smooth and tighttttttt helix with the softest bit of predictable fade on the finish.

Anhyzer it with enough power and I could get it to turn right for the majority of the flight before gliding to a gentle fading finish.

I literally skipped around like a little girl after a few of my shots. What a gorgeous disc.

THANKS SO MUCH, EVERYONE!
:clap: I felt the same way!!!

Traded in my MVP Volt for the Saint and never looked back. Saint is a great disc and will remain in the bag for a long time. Almost aced a hole this afternoon!!

I bought my 9yr old son one at a local course. At this point, it doesn't matter what he throws as they all go about the same distance. He wanted it, so I bought it for him. I've thrown it a few times. I'm new to the sport, but I can tell a difference with the way it flies compared to other discs I have in my bag. I like it, but I throw my Fury with better consistency. I've not fully developed my throw, but it's getting there. The more comfortable I get, the more or less I like certain disks. I pretty much throw the fury every time I tee up. I throw the Saint at 2 tees in particular at the local course. Not that my opinion matters much. Stupid noobs...

So I know this is a very amateur-sounding question, but since I'm kind of new to Latitude, I was wondering if there was anything that would resemble a longer distance Saint. Maybe something that likes to take a little more height on it's flight with similar sensitivity to release angles...

My favorite thing about the Saint is that I can throw it on nearly every hole by adjusting the angle of release, but for some of the really long holes, my drama-queen Blizzard Katana (149g) gets much farther down range (albeit with a massive dose of lateral movement between its turn and fade). It would be really nice to have a more easily controlled disc to pump max-d with.

Also, I had a Bolt in Test Material 2 plastic... I say "had" because it hit one tree and died. The wing bent down and it became an unpredictable turnover disc. I've tried leaving it in the heat and even the microwave trick to restore it to shape, and I've had no luck. Has Latitude issued a factory recall on that crap plastic yet?

So I know this is a very amateur-sounding question, but since I'm kind of new to Latitude, I was wondering if there was anything that would resemble a longer distance Saint. Maybe something that likes to take a little more height on it's flight with similar sensitivity to release angles...

My favorite thing about the Saint is that I can throw it on nearly every hole by adjusting the angle of release, but for some of the really long holes, my drama-queen Blizzard Katana (149g) gets much farther down range (albeit with a massive dose of lateral movement between its turn and fade). It would be really nice to have a more easily controlled disc to pump max-d with.

Also, I had a Bolt in Test Material 2 plastic... I say "had" because it hit one tree and died. The wing bent down and it became an unpredictable turnover disc. I've tried leaving it in the heat and even the microwave trick to restore it to shape, and I've had no luck. Has Latitude issued a factory recall on that crap plastic yet?
If you're throwing in the 400ft range, I would recommend a DD Trespass. I found it to have a similar line to a Saint only a lot longer.

Latest posts