• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Let's talk Deer Lakes

Beaver Lakes

Enjoyed a round at Deer Lakes just before dark this evening. Ran into this fellow chewing on lily pads in front of Hole 15.
picture.php

Saw our resident beaver once again this evening. I'm pretty sure his lodge is tucked up under the pond embankment about 100' to the left of the red tee (looking from the tee toward the basket).

On another note, the course is looking beautiful thanks to extensive work by park manager Mike Dutch. We Pittsburghers are insanely lucky to have such awesome courses. Trying to beat par from the blue tees is an exhilarating challenge. And I'm not sure if I go at odd times, but it seems like I always have Deer Lakes to myself.

Have to say that the PFDO was my favorite event last year by far. If you can play it, I highly suggest playing it. Wish I could make it back, but just too much going on,etc.

Played Deer Lakes yesterday with my wife and kid. Had a great time and though I'm new and stink, I felt the course played perfectly fairly and I simply wasn't always able to execute the shot(s).

I played Deer Lakes, Moraine State Park, Idlewild, and Lincoln Ridge in the past few days. I think Deer Lakes was my favorite of the four.

*Was close to more than one deer; but saw no bears* :)

Deer Lakes was my favorite of the 14 courses I played on my east coast trip last month.

*Didn't see any bears, but didn't need to. They film the Bear Whisperer in my town.

Just got home from a 3 day disc golf excursion to the Pittsburgh area and I had an absolute blast. We played Deer Lakes, Moraine, Knob Hill, Schenley, and IUP. I had really high hopes for Deer Lakes and it exceeded my expectations. All of the courses in the area are pretty darn good in my opinion, and all of the locals we played with and talked to were great. This will be a trip I make every year from here on out.

Hell yeah. Next time you make it out here, Linbrook should be completed....And hopefully construction of the new course at Moraine will have been started.

Ah man! I wish I knew you were here this weekend, Noah! I played Deer Lakes yesterday. Next time let me know and I'll throw with ya! :thmbup:

Worst round I've had since the first time I played it on Tuesday, 73 (+7) from the whites. Still had a ton of fun as usual at Deer Lakes and played with another solo thrower for 13 holes. Moraine is beautiful in the fall and is my favorite course (deer lakes close 2nd) but deer lakes is gorgeous in fall. Hole 14 when the leaves are changing is the most beautiful view.

Come out to Deer Lakes disc golf course on Saturday, September 14, and lend a helping hand to give a little back to a great course. We will trim tree branches, sweep tees, remove weeds, and change basket positions, among other assorted tasks. Meet at the Blue Gill parking lot at 9:30am. Bring tools and gloves if you have them. A pizza lunch will follow at noon. Contact Vince Slaugh at [email protected] or 412-450-0705 with any questions.
picture.php

Anyone interested in playing on Tuesday, August 12th? I've got to drop someone off at the airport at about 10:30 and would be interested in meeting up after that to play at Deer Lakes. Google Maps says it'll take about an hour (any of three or four ways).

Anyone interested in playing on Tuesday, August 12th? I've got to drop someone off at the airport at about 10:30 and would be interested in meeting up after that to play at Deer Lakes. Google Maps says it'll take about an hour (any of three or four ways).

I'm 50/50 right now on being able to play, and would be happy to meet up if my schedule is clear. I'll post here tomorrow if it looks like it will work out.

I'm 50/50 right now on being able to play, and would be happy to meet up if my schedule is clear. I'll post here tomorrow if it looks like it will work out.

Okay. I'll PM you my #.

The weather looks pretty bad, and as much as I like disc golf, I have work I can get back to do too instead of getting soaked (and then driving back home for two hours while soaked).

Latest posts