• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Let's talk Deer Lakes

How's the conditions at Deer Lakes how? Is it 'dry'? I've been there while it's been muddy especially on 3, 16 and 18. I might stop by next week to interrupt a 11 hour drive.

I don't recall it raining very much here recently. As long as it holds off this week, you should be in great shape. I played it last Saturday and it was fine.

I think my very beat up yellow Avenger SS might be at Deer Lakes, after playing this morning it wasn't in my bag when I got to Ohio later in the day. If found, it has my email on it...discNDav at hotmail.com
Deer Lakes was in fine shape, love the course!

Thanks to J. Gary and the Allegheny Parks Department for making two awesome course improvements happen!

1) There's now a deep trench running diagonally across the Hole 3 fairway where it was formerly extremely muddy.

2) The Hole 8 c-pin is now a four-tiered pyramid that really adds a lot to the hole to make it much more interesting (and difficult). Although I was skeptical when I heard the idea, I just got to play it and it turned out great! Also, the b-pin will be elevated on a dirt mound.

From the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society Facebook page:

picture.php

Great job! Once the bridge situation on Hole 15 gets resolved and a more interesting pin location is installed on Hole 12, it's hard to see much more that needs to be done (at least in comparison to Slippery Rock) in terms of construction before Worlds.

Photo was sent to me from Stella. Thought it was amazing to see what hole 15 looked like before it was cleared.

Attachments

• Deer Lakes Before.JPG
    Deer Lakes Before.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
When I first started playing the course, hole#14 and 15 weren't playable yet...I have MAD respect for all the Pittsburgh folks who shed blood sweat and tears to bushwack through some incredibly dense schul and who made this course possible! :clap:

Latest posts