• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local course controversy

That first article makes DG look pretty bad.

Of course I side with the course designer and the golfers, but they sure did a good job of making that (most likely) stupid old lady look like she was in charge.

nice on the teepads would have liked to come but had other plans today good luck on the course tell ross he did an excellent job on it as well

Sounds like Pederson got her butt handed to her. Great job Ross! Way to be on top of everything legal-wise as well.......jerry

She seems like a real nice person. :|

What a dumb lady. LMAO if she thinks people are getting rich off of disc golf.

It seems like she gets upset at people in the park enjoying themselves. Some people are like that.

It's a classic case of Firsty's. "i was here before you, and I hate newcomers encroaching on my self proclaimed space."

that lady was prob going through menopause and her husband died or left her for being such a retched Cant Understand Normal Thinking.

what an ignorant whore.

Not in my backyard

Same thing happened in Buffalo, NY - they went through the right channels, got their plan approved (actually were encouraged to use the land by the parks/rec. dept.) and after 1000's of hours of hard work some clown that was a Environmental studies major (not even a graduate) started crying about how it ruined the land that oh so many Hikers loved due to the "noise" it made and how it would cause erosion on the paths. Mind you Hikers and HORSE RIDERS are allowed to use the same paths with NO reciprocal argument from DG'ers. The course was going to be Chestnut Ridges "sister" course called Eternal Flame...it looked like a SICK course, and now the NRDG has to figure out a new place to put a course.

I just took my girlfriend to see the eternal flame this weekend, Erie County put up a highway sized sign for the eternal flame trailhead. Those quiet loving hikers won't ever have that there again, we walked past nearly 20 families with loud children who can now find the trailhead! At least in this case the NIMBYism backfired since the county seemed to want that area of the park to get more visitors.

That lady actually wrote a great counter-argument and clearly did her research. I was impressed. Her points are just as valid as Andy's. Instead of calling her stupid, which she clearly is not, I would address her concerns. Give her examples of gold courses with narrow fairways, show examples of erosion control being utilized in course design today, etc.

That lady actually wrote a great counter-argument and clearly did her research. I was impressed. Her points are just as valid as Andy's. Instead of calling her stupid, which she clearly is not, I would address her concerns. Give her examples of gold courses with narrow fairways, show examples of erosion control being utilized in course design today, etc.

This point is pretty useless:

1. The "island" of Bancroft Bay Park has history. It is an ancient American Indian hunting and gathering campsite of the Woodland Period (1000 B.C. to 1000 A.D.).
There isn't a speck of land on this continent that wasn't an American Indian hunting and gathering something or another at some point. If a CRM firm or archaeological study has deemed the site of little significance than it almost assuredly is.

Regardless, the park appears to side with the disc golfers so how is this even a debate?

Well said!! Kill her with kindness :)

Everyone has a right to the park and as much as we want people to SHARE the park with us, others want us to SHARE the park with them in their own right.

This point is pretty useless:

There isn't a speck of land on this continent that wasn't an American Indian hunting and gathering something or another at some point. If a CRM firm or archaeological study has deemed the site of little significance than it almost assuredly is.

Regardless, the park appears to side with the disc golfers so how is this even a debate?

Great, what about all the other points she made after that one? It's a debate because clearly some people have issue with it because of a lack of information about disc golf. As much as the sport has grown recently most people are still clueless about it. If you have concerned citizens voicing their opinion and all you do is call them stupid then you are not educating them nor are you gaining support for the sport.

Latest posts