• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a "driving" putter

I putt and drive with the Rhyno. Out to 250 feet, it will get down in windy conditions.

I have never tried the Opto Pure but I will.

He carries a Zone, and it's too beefy for him. A JOKERi will be less beefy than that but not enough to make it a viable option. That said, I think Prodiscus' plastic is some of the best in the game. The JOKERi I've been tossing the last week is a great disc, I'm just too invested in Zones.

you liking that Jokeri? Its a Prerube original.

pure, ion, fuzion judge. All quality. I settled with judges personally. Ions are too slick and pures are good just not for me.

the Ion is money. I have an ace with one. So I guess get it.

Pro D Zones are good for drivings. I can push them out to about 280 on a low line, or 300 on a higher "putter" line. Honestly, though, I drive with a P2, but the rim may be too deep for your liking.

Breaker for more stable line or windy.

Judge for straighter line, turnover line, but not in the wind. At least, when I've tried to drive my Judges in the wind they flip too much too fast.

Gotta try a Pure one day though...

wizzard was the first putter i put out to 300. pure was okay for me.

i drive with s ions. love the feel and control. very similar to the wizzard much more durable, went with the ion and never looked back. anode is great too, working with the anode in hopes to drop a mold from the bag. n anodes are my main putter, battling the judge right now. n anodes driver very well and are very close to my worn s ion. cannot go wrong with a MVP putter off the tee

Pro Pig, Rhynos, Opto Pure, Jokeri, Ion, Anode, Breaker, Opto Pure, Ridge, VP.....all these are putters I've driven with and had success with. It all kind of depends on you, and how much and what type of shots you'll be using them for.

I love driving with a rhyno. I have tried at least 30 putters and the rhyno is the one for me. I like an Aviar or Challenger in any configuration for a neutral or stable driving putter. My thoughts are, once you get a rhyno beat you can throw it for that slot and have a new one for overstable duties. Good luck and stick with champ or rpro rhynos. The star rhynos stink.

Vibram Ridge. Great, stable driving putter. And will feel similar to a VP. VPs are my go to but I still carry a Ridge when I want to crank on a putter and just have it ride straight.

I really like yetis for driving X_X they go dead straight with a hyzer or nice turnover when thrown flat.

I think I scanned the posts enough to see if this had been mentioned already, if not then consider this a vote for it as a driving putter. The Soft X Banger GT is a great driving putter, or in a higher grade plastic as long as it is flat. The Zone is also a nice driving putter, especially depending on the weather. If I had to choose between only using one I would use the Zone because depending on your angle of release it will do everything you need.

Softer versions of the judge, challenger, and wizard are pretty much money when it comes to driving putters in my book. Of course, the harder versions are super sweet too, I just prefer a softer putter to drive with most of the time.