• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Slightly off topic but I found 3 discs today in the creek at my home course. All have names and numbers on them but 2 have 2 sets of numbers on them. One set scratched out with sharpie. I always wonder if the disc was found by somebody then they scratch out the old number and put theirs on it. They could have just as likely traded someone for it too then put their name on it. How do you guys normally handle this type of find?

Played Highland Park, Joliet last week and threw two discs off the teepad and left one. got to the end of the next hole and realized I forgot it. Ran back and it was gone.. My bright red FLX Challenger with the "old school Brewers" logo dye on it. I had my name and number on it but some Sack of Trash lifted it and didn't call. I'm in that area a LOT. That person better have hung that disc on the wall cause if I see them playing with it, they're gonna get a sucker punch to the temple... I HATE THIEVES!!!

Slightly off topic but I found 3 discs today in the creek at my home course. All have names and numbers on them but 2 have 2 sets of numbers on them. One set scratched out with sharpie. I always wonder if the disc was found by somebody then they scratch out the old number and put theirs on it. They could have just as likely traded someone for it too then put their name on it. How do you guys normally handle this type of find?

They might have changed their number. I few of mine have that as well.

Played Highland Park, Joliet last week and threw two discs off the teepad and left one. got to the end of the next hole and realized I forgot it. Ran back and it was gone.. My bright red FLX Challenger with the "old school Brewers" logo dye on it. I had my name and number on it but some Sack of Trash lifted it and didn't call. I'm in that area a LOT. That person better have hung that disc on the wall cause if I see them playing with it, they're gonna get a sucker punch to the temple... I HATE THIEVES!!!

I hate that about the area. Seriously, I don't know anyone who's lost a disc in any of the courses around here and gotten a call for it. I haven't lost any, but I know of 10+ lost with names and numbers, 0 calls. I found 2 in shorewood myself, one had a last name only, the other nothing.

I hate that about the area. Seriously, I don't know anyone who's lost a disc in any of the courses around here and gotten a call for it. I haven't lost any, but I know of 10+ lost with names and numbers, 0 calls. I found 2 in shorewood myself, one had a last name only, the other nothing.

I ALWAYS call back. I buy the discs I want. Im not a scavenger... That area is definitely bad with scavengers.....

I ALWAYS call back. I buy the discs I want. Im not a scavenger... That area is definitely bad with scavengers.....
That's exactly how I feel, I even searched facebook for someone with the last name on the disc I found when I was bored, no luck. But yeah, I need to find somewhere better to play.

That's exactly how I feel, I even searched facebook for someone with the last name on the disc I found when I was bored, no luck. But yeah, I need to find somewhere better to play.

Its a good area but a lot of the people are just groups of punk kids. They just don't care. I was at Community Park in Channahon and did the same thing, left my disc on the fairway. I had 2 young kids playing behind me. when they caught up to me at hole 17 I simply asked them if they saw a green SS (Avenger SS) and the kid grabbed my disc outta his bag and said, "awe man, I really liked that one!". Then gave it back.. It had my name and number on it too!! I almost smacked the sh-t outta him!! F-ing scavengers!!! calm thoughts, calm thoughts......:)

Its a good area but a lot of the people are just groups of punk kids. They just don't care. I was at Community Park in Channahon and did the same thing, left my disc on the fairway. I had 2 young kids playing behind me. when they caught up to me at hole 17 I simply asked them if they saw a green SS (Avenger SS) and the kid grabbed my disc outta his bag and said, "awe man, I really liked that one!". Then gave it back.. It had my name and number on it too!! I almost smacked the sh-t outta him!! F-ing scavengers!!! calm thoughts, calm thoughts......:)

Well not to defend the kid because it obviously sounds like he was going to keep it by what he said, but i have found a disc with a name and number, and put it into my bag to later return it. I don't think that just finding a disc and stuffing it in the bag until you have a chance to do something with it is such bad thing.

I mean, about a month ago I found a first run star t-rex and put it in my bag while i was finishing putting. Guy came running out of the woods and was searching around. I asked what he was looking for, and he said "orange first run.." I interrupted him and said "t-rex" and took it out and tossed it to him. Now if he would have gotten angry about me putting it in my bag, then I would have had something to say because assuming i was just going to keep it is false.

But anyhow, like I said, the kid just said an inappropriate thing as far as I see it. Most around here will probably claim ignorance to the existance of the disc in the 1st place so at least he gave it back.

i have a disc that a friend gave me. i lined out his info so that it could still be read and added my own.

my theory is that if i loose it, the finder can call either number on it.

to answer your question, if i found a disc like that, i would call the number that is not scratched out first

Lost a perfectly beat in Red Star Valk at Giants Ridge, MN on Sunday, has my name and number, not exactly confident that it will be found and returned.

Well not to defend the kid because it obviously sounds like he was going to keep it by what he said, but i have found a disc with a name and number, and put it into my bag to later return it. I don't think that just finding a disc and stuffing it in the bag until you have a chance to do something with it is such bad thing.

I mean, about a month ago I found a first run star t-rex and put it in my bag while i was finishing putting. Guy came running out of the woods and was searching around. I asked what he was looking for, and he said "orange first run.." I interrupted him and said "t-rex" and took it out and tossed it to him. Now if he would have gotten angry about me putting it in my bag, then I would have had something to say because assuming i was just going to keep it is false.

But anyhow, like I said, the kid just said an inappropriate thing as far as I see it. Most around here will probably claim ignorance to the existance of the disc in the 1st place so at least he gave it back.

True that! I'm never the first to accuse anyone in any situation with no words spoken. But that kid TOTALLY would have kept it had I not said anything! I'm a pretty easy going guy and would never start an altercation over somebody putting a disc in a bag. I've done it myself when I've found one. I actually found a Force at Rogers Lakewood park about a month ago and threw it in my bag. I put it in the shed/pro shop and gave a phone call to the guy. I just wish somebody would call me back with over 15 discs floating around somewhere....:(

Lost my Elite X Xpress

So as the title says I lost my Xpress today. Not a very good day to say the least.
Even the pros shot bad today in our handicap league. To give you an idea I am +4 going into 16, I finish with a +11. I lose my xpress on #18, obviously the last chance I have to throw it I do and chuck it short, hit my arm....
ahhhhh
what a day everyone was shooting bad, but I lose the disc that is my driver for four of the holes here:\ now what?? I guess hope for a call back.
End rant

I'm thinking about getting an Xpress right now.

Sorry you had a crappy day ... losing a disc always sucks

a buddy of mine found it this morning. I rolled it on 18 and it ended up on threes fairway...
Good times are back again

I lost my champion roadrunner in about a 3 ft deep water. I got in there and found it along with seven others. Only one had a name on it and i called him and he said i could keep it. So i ended up gaining seven discs.

I lost my champion roadrunner in about a 3 ft deep water. I got in there and found it along with seven others. Only one had a name on it and i called him and he said i could keep it. So i ended up gaining seven discs.

hopefully they were good discs and not crap

A few of them were crap, but for the most part they were decent discs.