• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

It almost sound like he said Wash Park or something like that. Might have said Ashe Park.

Left my champ teebird in the fairway yesterday - either hole 15 of cedar creek west or hole 7 of cedar creek east in Fairmont MN. Mostly, I can't believe I made it an entire round without noticing, usually I count my discs after every hole... I don't know how I made it a whole round and a half (depending on where I left it, I don't remember throwing it since hole 15). sigh.

took a trip this weekend (its about 200 miles round trip for me) to play a course that I dont often get to. anyways, I had thrown my tee shot (I had been indecisive on the tee because of the wind and taken two discs out) it was a good shot and was walking to where it landed when my phone rang so i set my bag and disc down to get it out. answered the phone and picked up my bag and left the disc. I didnt realize it until about 8 holes later when I needed it off of another tee.

I had seen two other guys tee off at the start by this time so I figured they would call me if they got to it before I finished or I would just go pick it up (they were a little shady though). So I finished and walked back towards where I left it and noticed that they were past where I had left it. (by this point I had parked my car in front of theirs so they couldnt get out and memorized their plate number. I approached them and saw one of them slip it back in their bag real quick. Asked them if they had seen it, and the one who had it said no. I could still see it sitting in their bag with my number on it and told them it was there. the same kid still replied he didnt have it.

at this point i was getting frustrated so I told them I knew what car they were in, repeated their plate numbers and told them I had parked them in. the kid who hadnt said anything at this point was getting real nervous so I assumed he was the driver. I could tell they had been smoking something that wasn't legal and played off of the driver being nervous. I told them I wasnt afraid to call the local police and perform a citizens arrest which would garuntee that their car would get searched. at that point the quiet one just started yelling at his friend to give me my disc back...which he did and I went on my marry way just happy to have my champion panther back which was my first every mid and I still use it all the time.

not a lost disc story totally, but I cant believe how bold some people will be.

took a trip this weekend (its about 200 miles round trip for me) to play a course that I dont often get to. anyways, I had thrown my tee shot (I had been indecisive on the tee because of the wind and taken two discs out) it was a good shot and was walking to where it landed when my phone rang so i set my bag and disc down to get it out. answered the phone and picked up my bag and left the disc. I didnt realize it until about 8 holes later when I needed it off of another tee.

I had seen two other guys tee off at the start by this time so I figured they would call me if they got to it before I finished or I would just go pick it up (they were a little shady though). So I finished and walked back towards where I left it and noticed that they were past where I had left it. (by this point I had parked my car in front of theirs so they couldnt get out and memorized their plate number. I approached them and saw one of them slip it back in their bag real quick. Asked them if they had seen it, and the one who had it said no. I could still see it sitting in their bag with my number on it and told them it was there. the same kid still replied he didnt have it.

at this point i was getting frustrated so I told them I knew what car they were in, repeated their plate numbers and told them I had parked them in. the kid who hadnt said anything at this point was getting real nervous so I assumed he was the driver. I could tell they had been smoking something that wasn't legal and played off of the driver being nervous. I told them I wasnt afraid to call the local police and perform a citizens arrest which would garuntee that their car would get searched. at that point the quiet one just started yelling at his friend to give me my disc back...which he did and I went on my marry way just happy to have my champion panther back which was my first every mid and I still use it all the time.

smart thinking on the spot. well done

god i hope it wasn't Rogers Lakewood...we don't have the best rep as it is...

If it was, just a warning a_p, I will swing on someone for trying to lift my disc, haha

so will i.

one of my friends says "dude, i saw someone throwing your lost leopard"

me, "...sweet, give it to me."

him, "i didn't grab it, just told him it was yours"

:facepalm:

If it was, just a warning a_p, I will swing on someone for trying to lift my disc, haha

saturday morning, about 8:30 am, i lost my one and only striker before the leagues round. later that day, about 4:30, someone called and said they found it.

so i guess not everyone sucks at RLW but most people will just keep your shizz if they find it.

Sadly, I think that's how it is almost everywhere now

I'm one of probably 10 people who play shorewood park and will call when I find a disc.

god i hope it wasn't Rogers Lakewood...we don't have the best rep as it is...

nope not even close, that would be almost 600 miles round trip for me. but I will be up there this weekend and havent played the course yet. you going to be around Saturday?

I got this call the other day, from a private number, message left on my voice mail: "Hey, uh, Martin of buskingtheworld.com, yeah I have something of yours, and you're never going to see it again."

can anyone play in the league? I assume you just need to have the cash for that day?

anyone can play on any leagues day. tuesday at 5pm is the am-leagues (winners get a disc, plus a random draw for a free disc), thursday at 5pm is regular leagues ($7, winners get $$$), and saturdays at 10am ($7 again, winner gets $$$ again)

anyone can play on any leagues day. tuesday at 5pm is the am-leagues (winners get a disc, plus a random draw for a free disc), thursday at 5pm is regular leagues ($7, winners get $$$), and saturdays at 10am ($7 again, winner gets $$$ again)

been wanting to play that course and I think I will be there this Saturday, I am only in town for 36 hours so it sounds like a good day to jump in.

yea I dont think I will be a D-bag and try to sniper the afe fund, I think it should be for people who actually put more than $3 into it.

pffft, it should go to whomever hits it

side note - tuesdays doesn't have an ace fund...but i'm sure if you hit one, you'd get at LEAST a disc

I'm new to all this, but got my entire family hooked over Labor Day weekend playing at Codorus, PA.
My nephew clears the mando on Blue, hole 4, but hooks out of sight behind the big wall of trees heading towards the tee for hole 3. We all tee off and head out to look. Well, there is a party of 5 who have just teed off on 3, and walk right on past us.
We can't find my nephew's disc, a white something (I'm new). The guys on 3 say they didn't see it. We look for 10 minutes or so and I say to give up. We are a group of 9 so we covered the area fast and figure it is hiding. My nephew and others are pissed, thinking the guys on 3 picked it up. I tell them to calm down and not jump to conclusions.

Well, being a party of 9, I expected the guys on 3 to be bite our heals anytime soon and we would let them play thru. They never come. In fact, they skip 4, 5 and 6 and skip to 7 where I see them high tailing away from us. They must have picked it up and ran.
Welcome to the game I guess??