• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

heres a story:

I lost my anomaly Ion probably my second throw ever with it on hole 12 at Eagle Ridge in Oswego, IL

spent a good 2 hours overall looking for it, with no luck,

so if anyone does find it, contact me here (no name/number on it) and i'll reward well. I miss that disc.

I lost my first disc last week :(

Was playing at The Grange in Virginia. On hole 16 on the Sunnyside course my drive dove right into the pond. I tried to retrieve it but couldn't.

It was an orange Stingray with custom Tyler state Park graphics on the front. My name and number on the back.

-Brad

I used to love fishing for discs. There were very few that I or my team lost that we couldn't find. And let me tell you, I have been in some icky waters searching for discs, complete with dive bombing bats at dusk. Years later I got a fishing disc retriever. I like it but I would still prefer to just jump in the water after them. The most discs I found in one "swimming" escapade were 25. Some people just are afraid to go in the water!

The worse experience I had was at a course in Ohio where they apparently throw in about 10,000 gallons of pesticide into the water to get rid of pests and duck poo. I would come out of there itching to death with bumps that looked like I had chicken pox. Now that I am back in Florida, I might be reconsidering my water habits. Something about me being lower on the food chain than the gators in the water here!

Lost and Found

So my buddy and I were playing a few days ago and he happens to lose his favorite approach disc on a wild toss. We searched for a while and he finally tossed it up as lost and we headed home. Today, we were playing the same hole and I happened to toss mine a little ways into the brush. Well, he's waiting out by the basket for me and I hear, "No way!" Turns out his lost disc was sitting at the base of a tree, in some bushes, the whole time. Crazy, huh?

:thmbup::thmbup:

lost my striker this morning in the 2 foot tall "rough" grass...got a call at 4pm, dude found it and returned it. finally, all those discs i've returned, and i FINALLY got one back. WOOT!

I found a champion eagle double ace disc at wales community park, in wales, wi earlier this week. PM me with some information to get your disc back!! (BANG SKEET - you will know what I mean!)

I lost my Surge SS I got in a misprint pack this summer. I have no idea where it is. Tested the pack out a few times in a couple places, but I'm guessing it's in the middle of a baseball field in Columbia, MD where Rt. 32 meets Broken Land Parkway. Any takers? hahaha

i lost my rpro boss the other day, spent 2 1/2 hours total looking for it on three different days. i got stung by a bee today. it was the first time i've been stung in years.

found 4 other discs tho:
10x whippet 7.5 lotsa mud stains (wow!)
2x barry beast 8
esp tracker 7.5
dx wraith 7

i'ma go back tomorrow and probably monday to continue cleaning the park. i picked up about 50 beer bottles tossed into various rose bushes. i spent about 30 minutes fighting rose bushes while carrying 30lbs of glass.

why do people throw bottles into rose bushes??!?

Traded a Monarch to someone here, lost in NC

lol I got my first call ever for a lost disc with my number on it and wouldnt you know, it was for a Monarch I traded away last year and I was the only name on it. :doh:

I told the guy I guess its his; but hindsight; I think maybe I could have payed for him to ship it to me and I could have found who it was but man, what a hassel and I figured that guy had more rights to it than I did.

So, what should you do in that situation and sorry to whoever it was I traded that disc to. Was a 704 area code calling.

If they didn't mark out or remove your name and number, and put theirs on it, they didn't care that much about loosing the disc anyways.

yeah its getting a little more than ridiculous watching so many DG's toss their empties into the woods. I watched a guy just the other day take two empty arizona tea cans, calmly walk over to the woods off the 6th at Freedom, and just set them down in the bushes. He and I made awkward, (but mean on my part, lol) eye contact the whole time. I just shook my head and smiled. I was tempted to pick the empties up and return them, with a smart ass comment. It's a free park, people! let's keep it clean and appreciate it.

Ha I almost did the same thing...have a JK in my bag that still has the original owners name on it and I left it in the basket the other day...luckily some cool dudes teeing off on 2 saw it in 9s basket and yelled at me....otherwise it would be going back to SC.

It may have been the Orange 167 Monarch you traded me that I threw into the pond at Ashe County Park. When did they call you? I lost the disc back in early April I think.

I hope the guy enjoys it, I did for a while, but I don't miss it. I lost it right about the time I got serious about discing down.

It may have been the Orange 167 Monarch you traded me that I threw into the pond at Ashe County Park. When did they call you? I lost the disc back in early April I think.

I hope the guy enjoys it, I did for a while, but I don't miss it. I lost it right about the time I got serious about discing down.

I thought it was you. lol Saw the rep but I dont keep the PMs very long after the deal is done.

He was calling me from the course yesterday.

It's cool that he called. Did he say what course he was at? Ashe County?

Curiosity killed the cat. I checked my discs on here and my note for that one says I lost it on 4/18 on hole 3. For those of you who have never had the pleasure to play Ashe County, it's pretty cool. It's the highest rated course in NC on here, at least the last time I checked. There are not one, but two huge downhill bombs, holes 9 and 18.

Last edited: