• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost a black wraith with metallic lettering at Madison Meadows hole 17 today. Just realized it more than 4 hours later. Chalk another disc up to throwing too many on a hole and forgetting to pick them all up.

My dad put some time into this one for me, and I lost it. Didn't check my bag at the car. Found out the next day. It was a champ boss.

Attachments

• Boss.jpg
    Boss.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 43
I lost a 1st run Ion practice putting in my house :\
Flew past the basket into my daughters room and vanished. I've searched it twice now and still can't find it.

Flew past the basket into my daughters room and vanished. I've searched it twice now and still can't find it.

haha, i dont think this counts.

Haha, I have a yellow barstamped buzzz lost in my house. I could have sworn I left it in my gameroom after taking pics to sell it but it has disappeared. That was at least 4-5 months ago and I have checked the house many times for it and still cant find it :doh:

I lost a 159 champ sidewinder in some thick brush. It had my name and #. About a month later found it in the used discs at the local shop. I could have bought it back for $10 but chose not to.

I believe if the disc has your name and info on it, and you can prove it (id, etc) then legally the disc is your property and the store must give it to you.
I dont know if that is 100% accurate when it comes to discs, but I know it is when it comes to other items...my friend had a $1k bike stolen from him a few years ago, strolled into a pawn shop, saw his bike and talked to the owner of the shop. Once he proved it was his property (serial number), the shop owner had a legal obligation to return him his stolen property.
Again, I dont know if your name/info on a disc is sufficient to prove its yours...

I feel kinda retarded...

I thought I lost one of my Star Leopards 2 weeks ago during a doubles round. Last night I was cleaning out my bag and under the home made disc holder was my Leopard.

I was playing Bailey Road course in Cornelius, NC late yesterday when a disc I was trying to turnover on hole 9 sailed straight into the murky depths of the stagnant pool of muck off hole 9. this is a fun little hole that runs under the high power lines for about 185 feet. I've been holding a slight anhyzer line on all my throws with that disc so far and landing on the fairway on most holes with it, but this one just sailed straight and dove to the right to it's doom. With how nasty that water looks, I think anyone willing to go in after it can keep it, but I wouldn't mind anyone actually calling me on it. I shoulda stuck with the old hyzer around the legs of the tower as I always do there, but no risk, no reward... pic doesn't show the water, but it's down there, about 30 feet to the right of the pole.
29138_m.jpg

If the used equipment store buys a disc or anything else with a name on it that doesn't match the person selling it they should be obligated to phone the former owner and ask if it was stolen, lost or sold / given away. That would slow down the practice. I have personally lost 3 discs (forever) and never have yet to get a call. I have found over 20 and have returned all to their rightful owners exept one with no name # or any other marking ( I searched the forums locally for a lost disc matching but it was not there). I do believe that what comes around goes around.

I guess i'll give this a shot. Lost this at Alex Clark in Mckinney, Tx last year. This was my first ever disc and if anyone knows where its at i'll pay cash for it...

Champion Tye Dye Eagle

56084_g.jpg

I was playing Bailey Road course in Cornelius, NC late yesterday when a disc I was trying to turnover on hole 9 sailed straight into the murky depths of the stagnant pool of muck off hole 9. this is a fun little hole that runs under the high power lines for about 185 feet. I've been holding a slight anhyzer line on all my throws with that disc so far and landing on the fairway on most holes with it, but this one just sailed straight and dove to the right to it's doom. With how nasty that water looks, I think anyone willing to go in after it can keep it, but I wouldn't mind anyone actually calling me on it. I shoulda stuck with the old hyzer around the legs of the tower as I always do there, but no risk, no reward... pic doesn't show the water, but it's down there, about 30 feet to the right of the pole.
29138_m.jpg

If you hit that tower your disc will be a lot easier to anhyzer.

RIP to my flippy FLX XL that couldn't even take a slight impact from an iron leaf. I hated you anyway that's why I threw you into that gust of a headwind.

RIP to the med ion that I griplocked into the pond. I loved you but the disc golf gods and Emac's course design had other plans for you.

My ion mysteriously disappeared from bag between rounds at a tournament at Timmons Park in Greenville, SC last week. :(

Like someone took it from your bag? you sure you didnt throw it? thats messed up...

I left my brand new SS avenger, literally one day old, in a goal with my name, phone # and email address on it, and no one called :( This was in Portland Oregon even where people are more likely to call!

Like someone took it from your bag? you sure you didnt throw it? thats messed up...

I left my brand new SS avenger, literally one day old, in a goal with my name, phone # and email address on it, and no one called :( This was in Portland Oregon even where people are more likely to call!
i live in eugene man and dont get as many calls as youd think.

Really thats interesting..
I have had fairly good luck with disc returns, but I also put "reward" on the disc and give them a free Kompact Kite.

I have gotten most of my discs back. Although I did have a strange one a couple years ago. The guy called to say that he found my eagle, and I called back a week later to schedule a pick up. He said "I don't know where I put it" So either he threw it and liked it, or he threw it and lost it. Who knows.....

Yea, i always assume if you dont come and pick it up ASAP, chances are you might not get it back...
I ALWAYS call if there is a number on it, and usually people say "just keep it".

Well, I hope he enjoyed it. On another note, I did return 2 discs to 2 very happy owners this week. The next day Andy got a call that some guy had found 2 of his discs that he lost 6 months previously. Coincidence? You decide.

Latest posts