• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Funny story. At the Hudson Mills Metropark in Dexter, MI a couple weeks ago, I stepped up to the practice tee and totally shanked a sidearm throw. Lost a blue Innova Leopard DX from a beginner kit. My buddies and I all had a pretty good laugh about me losing a disc on the first practice throw before we even started the course.

NxzwBJU.png

If you find a blue leopard like this ^ one with "Eaton" on the back of the disc in the woods to the right of the practice tee before the Hudson Mills Original course, I hope you'll find it as hilarious as I did.

Last edited:
Found a Disk, but didnt keep

Today I was playing some holes solo when I found a brand new looking Prodigy disk. There was three guys, that are daily players, playing a hole about 150 feet away. So being the nice and courteous Texan that I am I yelled at the guys "Did Ya'll Lose A Disk!?!?!". I already knew I would have them tell me the color or type or something before I gave the disc to them. But the guy immediately said "Is it a Prodigy? I lost it yesterday." So I did not get to keep my first found disc with no markings on it. What a bummer but I guess the guy got his nice disc back after he thought he for sure lost it a day earlier.

found a barstamp buzzz with the name scribbled out. posted it up on my "twin cities disc golf: lost and found" group. apparently where i had found it was not where it had been lost, and turns out it belonged acquaintance of mine...

who then lost it 3 days later at CP adams.

womp womp.

Best thing to write on discs

I haven't been playing long enough to lose any discs. I know that won't last! So here's my question - what's the best thing to write on a disc to have it returned once it's found? Just sharpie on my name & number? Add "Free beer"? Kind of curious what ppl's experience is.

RoyalHiggins gave me some good advice on what to write... Female name and number in sexy writing :p

lost 3 sidewinders at brp on sunday. great day at the links. if you find one there chances are its mine :|

I haven't been playing long enough to lose any discs. I know that won't last! So here's my question - what's the best thing to write on a disc to have it returned once it's found? Just sharpie on my name & number? Add "Free beer"? Kind of curious what ppl's experience is.

I have seen people post here to put a girls name with your number!

I would imagine that would work, until the finder gets pissed you duped him when he contacts a dude on the other end :doh:.

You would have to tell him it was your wife's or sisters disc for an explanation of the girl name...;)

put a girls name on it and your number. Guys cant resist calling when they think they might get to meet up with a girl to exchange the disc. :clap:

Rather tricky, but so far that suggestion is 3 out of 3 responses. I don't know if I'd go with the deception of using a false name, although using my initials & phone # with a cutesy way of writing them is something I'd consider.

All I know is that if I ever encounter a lost disc that is returnable and I keep it, I'm sure I would be cursed with some seriously bad karma.

I love finding discs with no name and number. I've found quite a few good ones that I use. Champ mamba, goldline Halo, star XCal.

I've only lost 2 discs that I actually care about: a champ destroyer (lake, but the XCal took it's place), and a pro Katana that I could throw great hyzer flips with.

I usually keep a crappy driver I don't care about in my bag for water holes.

I also don't put my name and number on the discs. I can't get mad if no one calls me.

I buy a lot of used discs from a 2nd hand sports equipment store with names and numbers already on them. I'm never sure if they were legitimately sold by their previous owners, or sold by some squids who pulled it out of a lake.

Lost my blue go-to DX beast during a round t twin creeks DGC in Rogers, AR. Lost in or around the creek on (I think) hole 4. Name and Number are on it and would love to get it back. Thanks to anyone who helps me out with this.

got a call on this disc. He left a voicemail and when I tried to call him back I got his voicemail. Left a message telling him who I was and asked that he try back when he got off the course. Never heard back from him. I have tried to call him several times since and left messages all to no response. Oh well hope he enjoys the disc but I hate being contacted then ignored. What can you do though right?

Just lost one this weekend. Probably the first in a good couple years. The disc is a Blue Z NukeSS.

I was at the North course of Brewer. (grand rapids, mi)

I was actually on hole 4, where it comes back from hole 3's sharp right turn around insane brush, trees, etc. just a big cluster begging to swallow a disc.

I hammered my FH shot far, and it just never had enough time to turn back to the pin before it hit some debris and got sucked into the crap. I hoped that it maybe cut thru, and landed near hole 2's pin, but didn't spot it. I tried to fit thru the thick stuff to spot it, but no luck. My buddy didn't spot it either.

If anyone here happens to find it, let me know. I don't put my name or number on my disc. Just my little W/C insignia I have. (it's a lower case 'c' inside of an upper case 'W', with a dot in the middle of the 'c'.)

I got that thing dialed in nice for my FH shots. I got plenty other NukeSS' so I'm not worried if I don't get it back. Thought I'd just share it here and see who goes on a scavenger hunt. heh.

Lost my favorite driver yesterday at the Benicia, CA course. A perfectly beat in orange Gstar Krait. To whoever finds it somewhere on #4, you're welcome...

This summer I have lost all three of these on the same hole....well in the water behind the hole.

Camp Jordan Hole 4

ABC Mission
Prodigy M1
Innova Banshee

Only the banshee made it back to me but the stamp was removed first.

The Scrapyard - I lost a blizzard boss over the second water carry :wall:
It had the distance, just the accuracy wasn't there. Hit a tree and just fell down into the water. I searched for it to no avail :|

Shanked a nice Biofuzion Renegade into the hole 9 creek at Guthrie. May go after it later this week, but I ain't loosing sleep over it. To whoever finds it, i hope y'all enjoy it.

Found an MVP Shock disc in the woods a month and a half ago, and I really grew to love it for straight shots with a wide sweeping fade. On hole 5 at Whitecap yesterday, which is perched on top and left of a 20 foot cliff, I tossed it. Took that nice fade and landed about 5 feet horizontally from the basket, at the bottom of the rock wall. The only problem was five foot tall grass and bushes. Looked for 20 minutes, nearly got attacked by yellowjackets, and gave up. Was sad, but at least I never paid for it anyways. I really like MVP I'm gonna have to purchase one.

Lost 2 discs at Nockamixion. Orange 2014 Ace Race disc on 16. Light pink Lucid Thief on 4. It went to the right and went down towards the creek on 5.

Last name and cell on the inside ofdisc rim.

Latest posts