• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

I lost my Sexton Firebird at Simsbury on hole 4 long. I forehanded it short into the rough on the right, never to be seen again.

If anyone in central Ohio finds it, I'll gladly buy you some beer for it.

Just joined today ... looking for a disc I lost ~3 years ago. (Yea I know that's crazy, but the remorse is real haha)

First run EliteZ Barstamp Buzzz (Red with Blue metallic stamp)

Lost at Addison Oaks, Rochester Hills Michigan - hole #22

It was a rainy sad day ��

Any help would be appreciated, I'd pay over top dollar to have it back.

Last edited:
my faith in humanity renewed!

i went to get a quick round in today at my fav lightly played course, Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill Tennessee. when i arrived the gate was closed to parking at the course and there were temp baskets set up in the open field beside the course but no one there. i turned around and parked a good distance away and walked across the field the the first tee and putted a bit on 18's basket.

some other people showed up and also turned around , parked and walked up. i asked them what was up with the temp baskets and closed parking. turns out there was a bag tag challenge by the local club that day with no warning starting in a little over an hour. so much for a peaceful round in the boonies i thought.

i proceeded to shoot the worst round i've had all year. a guy was following me with a leaf blower drying the tee pads (although he was very polite and turned it off when i was putting) and they were setting up a port-o-john to the side of where i was driving on one hole

not exactly my idea of fun for a Sunday morning golf round to my mind. so i stopped, cleared my head on hole 15 (at +6 on the round) and birdied the last three holes to shoot right at my average score.

feeling pretty good about myself in spite of the distractions i was getting out of there as fast as i could when some players on one of the temp holes nodded and asked "whats your name" i told him and he said "i've got one of your discs in my truck". i didn't recall ever meeting the fellow but i played one of the temp holes with them back towards the area where we had parked. guy goes and gets a brand new Star Boss that i had lost when helping a beginner in a color and weight combo i had been looking for about a year and also was the first disc i had lost in years.

this completely made my day/week/month as this was only the third disc ever returned to me i can remember.

moral of this story is: this grumpy old guy who lived and breathed disc golf ,ran PDGA tournaments and ice bowls from 1995 - 2001 (with a lot of out-of pocket-expense) was impressed with the honesty and integrity of the newer generation of golfers today and had hope for the sport moving forward in a semi rural area.

thanks for reading!

Left my Axis on the course at Socastee (Myrtle Beach) Friday because the skeeters chased me off (I normally have bug spray in my bag, but for some reason it's not there anymore!). Got two texts and a phone call from a guy who found it. He was staying in northern Myrtle Beach, and I was staying in North Myrtle - about a half hour away from him. I told him I hated for him to take time out of his vacation to bring me a disc, and said he could keep it. He insisted and brought it back to me, meeting me in front of our condo.

After having lost a bunch and never gotten phone calls, it's good to know there are some good people out there playing our sport.

I had in 2017 a disc that was 10 years old get a call about somebody finding it and I told them to keep it, flight had most likely Changed so I did not want the disc. Plus a Clear disc was all they had for the tournament, all the disc were Clear Z every single one of them with a camel tan and mustard yellow tournament stamp on that. I was going to loose the disc with the colors it had but was lucky I had another XL to use. Guys wife is now using the disc they thought was a midrange it had worn down that much.

***found today***

Found today:

1998 Amateur Worlds stamp Discraft, assuming XL? Rockland Park hole 7. The disc may have once been white or yellow. It looks like it's been out there longer than the course has been in (3 years).

Halfway through a trip from CA to IA and back. First day, got a late start, feeling pressed for time, but wanting exercise, I stopped at what seems to be the course that is the shortest side trip from the highway, The Ranch. I've played it before, didn't really want to play it again, but like I said... Anyway, on Hole 3 I watch my Fission Volt, nicely seasoned over the last 4 years, go into a shallow ditch (no water). Then I spend over half an hour not finding it. :mad:

Two days later, I stop after going through Omaha and play the first 11 holes of Treasure Cove (deserves to be rated twice as good as The Ranch), quitting only because it got too dark. For little while I think I've lost my Gumbputt on Hole 9, but finally find it (as well as an uninked Mamba). I leave thinking I've got everything.

Next day, I get a text, "Hey I found a disc of yours." I'm thinking, it's either the Shock that was lost a few days before leaving home, or it's that F Volt. Looking at the phone #, "Great, thanks! The Volt?" "Yup." Yes! So I text back that I am in Iowa and will be back through the end of the week, and maybe it could be left at Archie's (there is a sign at The Ranch that the lost and found is at Archie's Bar & Grill across the street). The response to that is that he is in Omaha! :confused:

So then I remember throwing my Proton Volt on Hole 10 at Treasure Cove (my only tee throw). A quick look in my bag...no Volt. :doh: So, it's gonna be left at the Disc Store in Omaha, where I was planning on stopping on the way back anyway. I'll see if I can leave the Mamba there.

I've lost more discs in the last 2 weeks than in any year before, I think.

Learned my lesson on Sunday. Do not go off the fairway at Rockburn branch. I let my nicely worn in pro Leo go on hole 3 for my approach. There was a tiny headwind I didn't notice, and it pushed the leo a bit more right than I wanted and into the rough. It didn't go in that far, 10' maybe, short and right of the long pin. I didn't hear it kick a tree but it may have. That rough is so thick it could have been in there only 10 inches and I wouldn't have found it. Waist deep, thorns, poison ivy, vines of all kinds, leaves ranging from yellow to dark green (which didn't help spot a yellow disc AT ALL.) On the bright side, I didn't stray from the fairway the rest of the round, and I still almost lost another disc. Shot a decent round though, despite the loss.

Anyway, my old leo is in there. I'm pretty sure my name is on it, it is pale yellow with a worn rainbow stock stamp, and I hope it comes back to me, but I won't hold my breath. If any of you good folks around Rockburn come upon it, please let me know!

cant let go of these two

left airforce stamped blue glow aviarX3 and aviar3 lay on course or they fell out of my bag...very sad

Lost a sweet dyed Z Undertaker in early February while visiting Southern California. Multiple attempts at retrieval in 5-8' water, at least 30' from the edge. 4 months later, I get a call. He mentions course name and I know exactly what disc he's talking about. He met up with a buddy of mine and gave the disc back today. Awesome!

He's been playing less than a year and I don't think he found the disc he went in after. I'm almost as happy a new player is returning discs as I am to get the disc back!

I found a yellow champion innova disc at central park in brooklyn park, MN in the woods near hole 6. If this sounds familiar let me know what the stamp on the disc is and we'll get it returned.

My cousin had to kneel/straddle to throw out of a Bush along the fairway on Noble DGC # 9. Put his knee down on a disc that was less than a foot from fairway, but under some leaves. Called the number, it was a local and the disc (octane) had been there for more than a year.

Amazing how easy it is to lose one, sometimes.

So far, on 2 trips to The Dragon at Purcell OK, I've found 5 discs on just holes 6 and 11. Anyone that can identify I'll send them back. Only one has number, called and he's an "eventually meet up and get it."

Only one more has ink. Someone's tourney ace disc.

Oh yeah, my Bro-in-law found a disc on 3, also.

I lost my orange Ace Race Heat on hole 3 at Hambrick today, as well as my purple ESP Zone on hole C :(

I threw my Heat into the wooded area between 2 and 3, only to mysteriously disappear :confused:

The Zone I know is up in a thorny tree, I even saw another disc stuck up there. So at least there's that...

but my Heat seriously vanished, I don't think it was in a tree because it came in low at an angle. I actually got stuck there in a tree last time, but this one disappeared.

Found at Xenia

Yesterday while I was out hunting for one I shanked, I came across a star boss. I texted the number on the back letting the guy know I found the disc he lost at Xenia. I get the reply "Where the hell is Xenia?". I reply "Xenia Ohio". We continue the conversation and he ends up telling me to keep the disc. It turns out he is from New Orleans and has never stepped foot in Ohio. Too bad a Boss is way too big for my arm HAHA.

Somehow got an old star firebird stuck in a tree on Central Park #1 in Brooklyn Park, MN. Number is on it if/when it falls...

Figured I'd share this strange tale with you here.

0whkvs9.jpg

I bought this Teebird back in early 2011 from the Blockhouse in VA as part of a practice stack and it soon found it's way into my bag after a few field sessions, just one of those discs that stands out, no real reason I just seemed to throw it better than the others and it became one of my go-to fairway drivers.

I live in Richmond, VA and was down in Newport News (about 75 miles away) visiting a friend and playing Newport News DGC one day in the summer.

We get to hole #2;

a6c04957.jpg

A fairly wide open hole and no one was behind us so we tossed a few. Later on near the end of the round I realized that I had left my red Teebird there and went over to get it. Well we looked and looked for it but couldn't find the thing. The course was pretty empty that day and I walked it looking for other golfers to see if maybe they had picked it up, no one had. We all know the feeling of losing a disc we like and I was starting to get that way. Packed it in and headed home keeping a little hope alive that someone would call on it, knowing that I did have my number written on the underside;

rwiciU2.jpg

Well, months went by with no call and I was bagging another Teebird but it just wasn't the same disc, you know how it is. Well late that year, nearly Christmas time, I went down to meet my friend in Newport News at the same course where I lost the Teebird. I got there before he did and played a few holes to warm up. Got to #2, same hole that I lost the disc on, and threw a handful of drives. Well, when picking up my discs I see a red disc to the side, I suppressed a stupid small glimmer of 1 in a million hope that it's my Teebird but to my amazement; IT'S MY TEEBIRD!!!! 6 months later I find it on the same hole I lost it on, how the heck did it stay here so long with no one picking it up, it wasn't far from the basket, kinda in the open, how the heck did I miss it before?!?!

Then I flipped it over;

hv8ypqP.jpg

WTF!!!

So someone found this disc, didn't call the number on the back, played with it, aced with it, marked the ace but didn't bother to even cross out the owners name and then proceed to lose the thing. Lose it on the very hole where it was first lost by the real owner. To add another bit to the story, the course where they aced is in Richmond, my hometown.

It all seems fishy but I play with very few people and the one person that knows me down there swears he had nothing to do with it. Now I don't know if you believe in karma or fate and I don't know if I do either but somehow it seems to apply to this disc.

Adding more to the mystery I see that Champ uses a Newport News stamped Teebird somehow there's a connection here.

Latest posts