• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

Did the disc sit in the sun light ever like near a window in the basement, some plastics can get gummy in that respect and loose some High Speed Stability on the way.

Nope, it was just sitting in the middle area (not near heat, not near sun) sitting 2nd from the top of a stack of 4-5 discs; nothing special about the stack. The disc on top of it was a 168g Sol from last year's ace race... despite the smaller diameter of the disc, I can't imagine 1.6N force in perpetual 60-70 degree F temperatures to compress the dome enough to make a noticeable difference?

Bought two XT Mako3's at Infinite yesterday. Both high 170's and flat.

Both have a lot of turn out of the box. Need a lot of hyzer for me to get them to go left. Small amount of hyzer still gets them to finish right at 300'. Useful amount of turn and hardly any fade.

Lot more turn than premium Makos I have thrown.

Did throw them on the course in the woods today and they performed very well.

And on a sad note I missed out on the Marmoset Makos cause I would only buy blue and they were out before I jumped on it =(

Bought a sweet misprint star mako3 to practice forehands on. Promptly lost it in the woods behind my house on maybe my 5th throw? At least it was a pretty hyzer flip through the tunnel a good 250'. :wall: Sad because I just lost my x comet 2 days ago too.

I would love some stiff Star Mako3's.

I think for most discs people would love stiff Star or at least the stuff that has the good Echo Star Feel. The almost G Star plastic like G Star in the flex but missing the extra grip most G Star has, is garbage for Star discs as that Star plastic could be fixed when Innova workers realize the mistake in the plastic by putting the G Star stamp on these particular discs.

LOL
My number is 7
;)
Actual conversation at my house:

Me: Oh, I usually wouldn't buy these but the artist is a guy I talk to on the disc golf website. I like to support guys like him.

Her: Is this guy who makes his own discs that you just ordered a bunch from?

Me: No, that's another guy. This is the guy who had the plague stamps.

Her: Don't you already have discs from this guy?

Me: Well, yeah.

Her: How much should I expect to be "supporting" him this year?

Me: Uh, well...I guess I really don't need these right now.

Her: Uh huh. You better not need them later, either.

Cliff's Notes version:

Her: NO MAKOS FOR YOU!!! :(

Lol, I don't throw them anyway...

Actual conversation at my house:

Me: Oh, I usually wouldn't buy these but the artist is a guy I talk to on the disc golf website. I like to support guys like him.

Her: Is this guy who makes his own discs that you just ordered a bunch from?

Me: No, that's another guy. This is the guy who had the plague stamps.

Her: Don't you already have discs from this guy?

Me: Well, yeah.

Her: How much should I expect to be "supporting" him this year?

Me: Uh, well...I guess I really don't need these right now.

Her: Uh huh. You better not need them later, either.

Cliff's Notes version:

Her: NO MAKOS FOR YOU!!! :(

Lol, I don't throw them anyway...
LOL, that's awesome :) thanks for trying! I really do appreciate the support

As if I needed another mold, but I couldn't resist a radiant blue with green on the rim max weight Champion edition.
The top looks like a super stingray. for sure like the swirly star Des I have. Just deeper, and I can't figure out the bottom. But, wow. It feels wonderful in the hand either way.
From what I can tell, the thing throws like how a luxury full sized wood paneled station wagon with bench leather seating that comes with a corvette engine would drive. Point and shoot auto pilot disc.

Longtime Buzzz & Meteor thrower here. Why should I try the Mako3? Anyone prefer the Mako3 over Discraft's finest?

Longtime Buzzz & Meteor thrower here. Why should I try the Mako3? Anyone prefer the Mako3 over Discraft's finest?

If you have the skills the Mako3 can cover your Buzzz and Meteor shots. No need to carry two discs when you can just carry the one.