• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill-not top ten...really ?

First of all, Top 10 list should not be taken too seriously.

(I'm sure the courses are great, but there are a lot more great courses than there are spots on the Top 10 list. It's not the arbiter of what is/isn't a good course. The composition and order of the Top 10 are volatile and somewhat arbitrary; get over it.)

More importantly:
If people stopped caring so much about the Top 10 list, then there would be less incentive for the worthless/drive-by "reviews" we've been seeing on highly rated courses.

When this thread started, did anybody foresee THAT outcome??

Not taken too seriously?!?!?!? It CAN'T be taken too seriously.:p:D

Yes, people need to take a chill pill.

Waaaay back, when Tim came down from the mountain with the original Top 10 list of COURSES THOU SHALT PLAY, didn't our behavior piss him off to the point where he threw the stone tablets to the ground in anger, breaking them?

Last edited:
Yes, people need to take a chill pill.

Waaaay back, when Tim came down from the mountain with the original Top 10 list of COURSES THOU SHALT PLAY, didn't our behavior piss him off to the point where he threw the stone tablets to the ground in anger, breaking them?
SHALT means MAY and MUST. Is it the Top 10 list of COURSES THOU MAY PLAY, or is timg the leader of this blood in - blood out cult, so it meant to say the Top 10 list of COURSES THOU MUST PLAY?

Can we get a ruling on this from the PDGA, since they understand vague language?

Now a list of the Top 10 COURSES THOU SHALT NOT PLAY would be entertaining. :popcorn:

Maple Hill just raised their summer fees to $20 for weekends, and I love it. It's still a bargain but it chases away some of the crowds.

I'm up to 190 courses or so, and it's been my #1 for nearly 10 years. I'm lucky to have it an hour away.

I'll go play them just because you told me not to.

The longer I'm on DGCR, the more curious I get about how rounds would go with some DGCR personas. Martin, you're on my shortlist of people I'd like to throw some plastic with.

And since I'm posting in this thread, Maple Hill is on my (not so short) list of courses I'd like to play.

SHALT means MAY and MUST. Is it the Top 10 list of COURSES THOU MAY PLAY, or is timg the leader of this blood in - blood out cult, so it meant to say the Top 10 list of COURSES THOU MUST PLAY?

Can we get a ruling on this from the PDGA, since they understand vague language?

Now a list of the Top 10 COURSES THOU SHALT NOT PLAY would be entertaining. :popcorn:

I got a real East of Eden/timshel vibe from all that shall/may/must arguing from that other frustration of a thread.

Also I am very much in favor of "not top 10"! The lowest rated courses with at least 5-10 ratings or whatever the minimum to be top 10 is. The Razzy award for courses! Call it- The Bogey Award or something... i dunno someone more clever than me come up with a name

Also I am very much in favor of "not top 10"! The lowest rated courses with at least 5-10 ratings or whatever the minimum to be top 10 is. The Razzy award for courses! Call it- The Bogey Award or something... i dunno someone more clever than me come up with a name
I too like the "Not Top 10" idea, and just use that as the name.

... but we're not calling it the Bogey award.
I don't want anyone associating that list with me. :p

Speaking of drive by reviews. Anybody else notice the 5 drive by 5s that Jarva got today?... Thought that was kinda strange.

Just a smidgen more authority to disagree with a bad review, when you've offered your own.

Putting his money where his mouth is... so to speak.

Kinda sorta. I really need to get back on the reviewing train. I think after hitting diamond, I just wanted to take a break.

You forgot the sarcasm font... I had to hold back the infraction trigger finger... But yeah...

That's wackadoo talk and he needs to know!

Thank you for being one of the few people who correctly understands the inherent ambiguity in the word "SHALL": http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/shall_we_abandon_shall/

Speaking of drive by reviews. Anybody else notice the 5 drive by 5s that Jarva got today?... Thought that was kinda strange.

Yeah. Saw they were stacked in there this morning.

Five in a row. All 5/5. Four of those users have 1 course played and 1 reviewed, the other has...wait for it...TWO courses played and 1 reviewed!

The reviews do mention some features of the course, but not much insight, and I don't think any are over 100 words long.

I guess technically it's still better than taking a dump on Beaver Ranch. :|

We don't get many international people on here, maybe a small group of them just discovered DGCR or something.

Latest posts