• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

I think I started watching when the signal went bad, so it was just unlucky timing I guess. Looking forward to your coverage of this beautiful course.

I think I started watching when the signal went bad, so it was just unlucky timing I guess. Looking forward to your coverage of this beautiful course.

I thought the video would have been better this morning since it wasnt live. It was still pretty choppy after it was uploaded.

Anybody know the totals for how much was won by each player in the skins match?

I thought the video would have been better this morning since it wasnt live. It was still pretty choppy after it was uploaded.

It wasn't re-uploaded. The video up now is just the archive of the live video. They'd have to take the recording directly from the camera hard drive itself to get anything non-choppy. I don't think they're going to do that...at least not overnight.

It wasn't re-uploaded. The video up now is just the archive of the live video. They'd have to take the recording directly from the camera hard drive itself to get anything non-choppy. I don't think they're going to do that...at least not overnight.

gotcha. that makes sense.

Anybody know the totals for how much was won by each player in the skins match?

Before the last hole the totals were: Paul 1950, Jerm 250, Leiviska 200, and Doss 200. I could be wrong but I believe they split the push of the last hole evenly, $25 a piece, and Doss got ctp so the totals would be 1975, 275, 225, and 275 in the same order as above.

Looking forward to an edited version of the skins. I had to give up on it (too frustratingly choppy to watch) but was interesting none the less.

They always have that at Maple Hill. They have someone every 4 holes or so with an Ipad and they check out your group's scorecard and enter the scores for the live scoring.

I enjoyed watching the skins match. Thanks for the live coverage Smashboxx.

Looking forward to an edited version of the skins. I had to give up on it (too frustratingly choppy to watch) but was interesting none the less.

Agreed! We are already way better off in terms of video coverage even in the last few years. Hopefully we can see a strong increase in viewership. I don't mind the very audience specific commercials. If there is a high level of eyeballs watching, they will be able to justify higher production costs, even if it means a few more commercials.

I really enjoyed the Skins coverage, especially:

-The low key feel. It was a fun round and there was a lot of interaction with the players, which you can't get during tournament rounds. More unique to this game, but awesome.

-Knowing what discs they were throwing. It came out of the low key feel, because Terry could talk to the players. I would love to hear more of this during live coverage where at all possible - and I'm sure the disc sponsors would be all in favor. Have the commentator studied up on the bags of the card they cover. Mention the driver they're using off the tee. Mention the disc used for the upshot. Mention the putter mold. I LOVE hearing what they're using. It really brings it home, because they are the same molds we all have in our bags.

-The double camera set up. Well done! And I'm sure takes pre-planning for the entire round. Getting set up behind the tee, and another camera mid fairway or behind the basket. Not so much of a fan when the main camera is just bouncing around down the fairway, would rather just be steady on the far cam and listen to the commentary as they walk.

I'm pretty sure they play all the same except hole 1, 14, and 18. Maybe one more.

Hole 8. Hole 17 as well, at least based on the scores coming in so far. Nothing worse than a 4 doesn't seem likely to me if they were using the same Gold tee that the men do. Very possible from the white tee, though.

Latest posts