• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Maple Hill Open

round 3 from last year, feldberg drives into the same swamp on 16. tee sign shows left of the road OB. after he throws, you can hear feldberg saying "oh god, oh god, that's OB" while he's watching his throw drift into the wetlands.

Last edited:
Nvm on some of last post I stopped watching the feldberg video too soon thought his shot was the first one. Even better though feldberg pared so he wasn't stroked either.

round 3 from last year, feldberg drives into the same swamp on 16. tee sign shows left of the road OB. after he throws, you can hear feldberg saying "oh god, oh god, that's OB" while he's watching his throw drift into the wetlands.

Except if you continue to watch the video, his disc is found in-bounds (whether it's in the "swamp" or not is unclear since we never see the disc's location), and he cards a par 3.

We all understand there's OB over there somewhere. No one is questioning that. The question with regard to Paul's disc is whether it actually landed in the OB. Only one person was insisting that it was OB on the scene (thus the deliberations and the provisionals), and the TD ruled after the round that Paul's disc had been in-bounds.

What exactly are we debating here?

We all understand there's OB over there somewhere.

At a National Tour event, this statement should never be made. Somewhere is not good enough. With this happening this year, I hope imagine it'll be addressed next year.

At a National Tour event, this statement should never be made. Somewhere is not good enough. With this happening this year, I hope imagine it'll be addressed next year.

I'm strictly talking from a spectator standpoint. From videos and pictures of hole maps, we can't readily identify exactly where the OB is. The players on the course can and did identify where it was. It should be noted that one player was objecting to the notion that Paul was in-bounds. There exists the possibility that the actual delineation of OB/in-bounds in that area is clear, and that Rick was simply mistaken in his interpretation of the caddy book.

Also wouldn't surprise me if that area has been addressed by the course staff and if there wasn't before, there is now some sort of rope or line marking the OB there today.

Except if you continue to watch the video, his disc is found in-bounds (whether it's in the "swamp" or not is unclear since we never see the disc's location), and he cards a par 3.

We all understand there's OB over there somewhere. No one is questioning that. The question with roegard to Paul's disc is whether it actually landed in the OB. Only one person was insisting that it was OB on the scene (thus the deliberations and the provisionals), and the TD ruled after the round that Paul's disc had been in-bounds.

What exactly are we debating here?

^ I think some of the argument is about Gamesmanship, and its application in disc golf. But both Ricky and Paul had every right to argue the OB from their point of view, they're in a competition, after all. One of the previous posts I think was complaining about the tendency, in all levels of the game, to argue all OB calls to within a blade of grass, at a nearly neurotic level. Which may be a thing.

FWIW I think the TD made the right call.

^ I think some of the argument is about Gamesmanship, and its application in disc golf. But both Ricky and Paul had every right to argue the OB from their point of view, they're in a competition, after all. One of the previous posts I think was complaining about the tendency, in all levels of the game, to argue all OB calls to within a blade of grass, at a nearly neurotic level. Which may be a thing.

FWIW I think the TD made the right call.

Tom Robbins fan, by chance?

Paul is just so good and bouncing back mid round. He didn't have a strong start and Ricky got an early lead on him. And watching him take a bogey on 9 again was hard. But he still was strong enough to birdie through many of the last holes to stay on top!

Can anyone tell me which video and approximate time that the questionable shot happened please

Latest posts