• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Max Distance Flight Patterns...

Hmmm ... and I was thinking my pro destroyer was flippy because of its light weight.

:eek:

I'll get one posted. My coach has a couple videos of my driving. He thought I was full of it, when he took me on as a student. It was fun making a believer out of him. I can say that it helps having long skinny arms.

what kind of hyzer angle are you releasing at?

For my max distance I either bust out the ESP Force or my Star Beast.

Force - extremely hard snap as flat as possible with a tiny bit of anhyzer and I've been getting it out to around 380.

Beast - high anhyzer that glides right and fades left at the very end of the flight. Usually flies around 380 as well.

I've thrown both over 400 ft a couple times but consistently 380.

Actually the best flight I've found is a 3-turn flight. By that I mean throwing something slightly understable like a Destroyer high and to the left with a hyzer, let it flip past flat so that it drifts significantly to the right. By the time it is ten feet off the ground, the disc should start to hyzer-out so that it is moving forward. I've been able to get well over 500' with this technique, I even put a drive in the circle on a 630' hole at a tourney a couple weeks ago.

That's called a hyzer flip...

also. I used to hyzerflip my star destroyer all the time, the Destroyer isn't that overstable.

also, that 630 foot shot. Was it a flat shot?

Last edited:
That's called a hyzer flip...

also. I used to hyzerflip my star destroyer all the time, the Destroyer isn't that overstable.

also, that 630 foot shot. Was it a flat shot?

Yes, the hole was flat.

well, me personally, i tend to use my left hand, since i have no coordination with it, a wham-o frisbee from 1935, and a six pack of beer. then with a 5 turn hyzer i can usually get around 750 feet, but you know, thats with a headwind and all.

Reading on some techniques and form, I think we might be ok to doubt him but it is entirely possible. Reading some of the technique articles on disc review, I could see someone doing this type of throw.

Several of the world distance records were made with a max weight DX Valkyrie, thrown on a high anhyzer line. You get it to turn high in the air and then it'll glide down for several hundred feet and only then begin its fade. It takes a huge arm to do this throw.

Several of the world distance records were made with a max weight DX Valkyrie, thrown on a high anhyzer line. You get it to turn high in the air and then it'll glide down for several hundred feet and only then begin its fade. It takes a huge arm to do this throw.
Several? Max weight? I know one was made with a 164 or 165g DX Valkyrie, but I'm not aware of any more that were set using a max weight one.

well, me personally, i tend to use my left hand, since i have no coordination with it, a wham-o frisbee from 1935, and a six pack of beer. then with a 5 turn hyzer i can usually get around 750 feet, but you know, thats with a headwind and all.

Uphill too, right? lol

I haven't experimented too much, but I get a decent distance consistently with my wraith: a flat release resulting in a tight S flight.

However, I would like to try the anhyzer release with different discs. I used to do that before I had any snap, but haven't tried it in a long time. Need to hit the throwing field!

Idk, i know a few locals in my local dg club who can blast em out to damn near 500'. There are people out there who can really blast em. It would be easier to believe if we could see some vids, but at least hes not tryin to say he did it with a 160 leopard.

I'm a lefty but it works the same. I use a Force, start it a little right with a bit of anhyzer, it will then go left and then come back right at the end. It gives the best glide and will work even into a wind.

"we"(ithaca, NY)hosted the world overalls here a few years back and i "measured and marked" the distance competition. most guys were throwing in the 168g. range and most were throwing valks, wraiths, and beasts...max voight out of germany threw 200 meters but cant remember with what(he throws discraft). they were all doing the 360 drive with crazy anhyzer.

I marked the long drive competition at the USDGC a few weeks back and 169g Wraith and Destroyer was the most thrown disc. And... GG, who does not use a 360 turn around, won the competition. His qualifying throw was 654' (118 M). He threw a big Hyzer flip that S'ed out.
DSCJNKY

Latest posts