• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McBeth's next signature disc speculation.

what should mcbeth's next signature disc be?

• Nova

Votes: 88 29.7%
  • Star Teebird

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Mako3

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Champion Groove

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Champion Gator

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • Firebird3

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • McPro Aviar (regular production)

Votes: 24 8.1%
  • Star Destroyer

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Beast

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champ Firebird

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Champ Teebird

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • PD

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • Colt

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Xcaliber

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Champion Metalflake Polecat

Votes: 26 8.8%

• Total voters
Probably a good choice for the Beast disc.

I fondle a Nova ever time I go to a shop and while love to watch the flight it seems to get, I just can't get over the cheesy feel of the riveted rim and insert notches on the flight plate. Blahh!

Sheesh I want to buy one so bad, but I refuse to pay damn near $7 for shipping. That is a complete rip off

I just put my proto stamp Nova back in the bag for driving and approaching. I might not do it right now, but I'll probably pick up a few of these to back it up in the future. At least one to "collect" anyway. I have to admit, throwing the Nova definitely shows off my form flaws. The difference between a 85% clean throw and a 100% clean throw is huge.

I would vote Nova. Maybe a sig on it would take some of that playschool toy image away from it.

Do I get one too?

If I get one first, I'm going to throw it few times, but I'll pass it on to the MVP crowd for a better analysis than I can give it.

$17 bucks for a putter is crazy.

I agree, and that's the second reason I won't try one.

But then again, I'm being hypocritical as I did pay $17 for a Fuzion Judge, but that doesn't look and feel like a Play-School toy.

The novas don't have a bead. If they did wow, they would be great.

Given time their might be something like them for us mortals. Otherwise I think they were a good first exp. for injection molding.

I think the real reason someone would use them is for fan gripping an approach, like paul does and an almost guarantee they won't skip.

The plastic around the novas and atlas is like glue. Both part of the problem and solution. I gave up on throwing the atlas because of that. It was like total crazy out of the hand. Yeah like crazy glue. Ha...

You either got it to go dead straight or held on and you badly pulled it.

Last edited:
I remember him saying something that a new tour series disc in the works on one of the podcasts, but he wasn't sure what the next sig disc would be. Could be Nova too I guess!

I agree, and that's the second reason I won't try one.

But then again, I'm being hypocritical as I did pay $17 for a Fuzion Judge, but that doesn't look and feel like a Play-School toy.

lol ya nova are love or hate I guess. I putt with them as well as drive and upshots. Great disc IMO. It's super straight flat and does pretty good on hyzers/anhyzers. Sticks like a beast.

But paying $13 apiece is pricey for s putter so I usually pick them up with funny money or trades. I'd buy one with tourny winnings but highly doubt this nova will be any different then a regular. If it's like a brinster vs a more tame teebird I would be more interested. That would get rid of my kc pro avairs for driving very likely,

The novas don't have a bead. If they did wow, they would be great.

Given time their might be something like them for us mortals. Otherwise I think they were a good first exp. for injection molding.

I think the real reason someone would use them is for fan gripping an approach, like paul does and an almost guarantee they won't skip.

The plastic around the novas and atlas is like glue. Both part of the problem and solution. I gave up on throwing the atlas because of that. It was like total crazy out of the hand. Yeah like crazy glue. Ha...

You either got it to go dead straight or held on and you badly pulled it.

I love novas and atlas. But I don't have grip lock issues so it always a straight flight. And the stick effect is amazing.

i wish they offered more monochrome (same color rim and flight plate).

but the all black ones are sexy:

pm-xt-nova_black-black_1.jpg

lolololololol.

I ****ing love it!

Overmolds are actually legit in 2015. This might help MVP more than innova. Making legitimacy of another brand which specializes in something you are trying to do just seems silly even if your 3x pro throws it you would think you want to try and keep with your own style.

Oh, NVM they will do a limited run of McPros for you guys too to bank on don't worry they want your $.

Last edited:
i wish they offered more monochrome (same color rim and flight plate).

but the all black ones are sexy:

pm-xt-nova_black-black_1.jpg

Wow. I never woulda thought. I know he uses it, but can't help to feel he got shafted a little. I mean, if he gets a portion of the disc proceeds it's not gonna be "on par" with his name on a better (selling) disc.

Anyway, sick stamp, that black on black with gold stamp is dope. Nowww I gotta try one... :)

lolololololol.

I ****ing love it!

Overmolds are actually legit in 2015. This might help MVP more than innova. Making legitimacy of another brand which specializes in something you are trying to do just seems silly even if your FOUR TIME pro throws it you would think you want to try and keep with your own style.

Oh, NVM they will do a limited run of McPros for you guys too to bank on don't worry they want your $.

What MVP/axiom will knock my nova and atlas out of the bag? My friend, on here his name is Onyx I think, throws all gyro (plus a scale) so think he would have it to let me try.

AHHH YES 4x even better thanks! still not used to the fame really.

anode=nova
If you prefer shallow, Proxy.

Axis/Alias = atlas

which both were responses to MVPs growing market share, no doubt. I never even had heard of overmolds before MVP disc sports. Innova was all I used to bag, lol.

Last edited:
I also voted for the Nova :D But that was signature series. So this probably means his signature disc for winning 4x worlds isn't going to be the Nova. It wouldn't make sense as he's already getting money for it.

I'm thinking the only disc in his bag without a name is the mako3. That's my new guess.

I also voted for the Nova :D But that was signature series. So this probably means his signature disc for winning 4x worlds isn't going to be the Nova. It wouldn't make sense as he's already getting money for it.

I'm thinking the only disc in his bag without a name is the mako3. That's my new guess.

But doesn't he get rid of the mako3 when he has properly worn roc3s?